Betting Not To Lose

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betting Not To Lose

Any of you guys ever get in a funk and feel scared about your plays?

I think I was just in one of those funks and felt confident in like none of my plays.

But I think I got my swagger back where I make plays and feel really confident about em. :beerbang:

I have. It sucks and you just have to give it some time. You start doubting your plays and you end up on the losing side.

Comment

Yeah, definitely been there before.:bang:
      2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

Today I felt scared because I really want IL to win but I bet against them.. I felt strange until the game started and I realized that the Illini aren't spectacular.
        Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

Always bet with your head. Leave your heart out of it entirely. Reduce your wager mount if you are not comfortable with your projected decision.

If you are unsure about any wager... PASS.

Never force a wager just to get action on it. There are always a multitude of other events which you may or can choose.
          Make a few more today than you made or lost yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Meestermike View Post
            Always bet with your head. Leave your heart out of it entirely. Reduce your wager mount if you are not comfortable with your projected decision.

Never force a wager just to get action on it. There are always a multitude of other events which you may or can choose.
            Good advice

Comment

:thumbs:
              Rowdy Rowdy Red!!!

Comment

if you get to that point, you should take a few days off. because you may not always realize it but mentally you will second guess yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by wsox08 View Post
                  Today I felt scared because I really want IL to win but I bet against them.. I felt strange until the game started and I realized that the Illini aren't spectacular.
                  They aren't, but they were catching +6.5 and they were practically playing a home game. I know it wasn't a true home game, but unless I'm mistaken, their record at the place where the B10 tourney was being held was pretty much as good as at home.

That's why I played em. Of course they didn't cover, much like every other play this weekend where the public was loading up on the other side.

I swear, the public in general must have made so much money in these conference tourneys that they don't know what the hell to do with it. It'll just sit there and burn a hole in their pocket until they lose it all during March Madness IMO. The books won't be taken as badly as they have this weekend for long....and I suspect a big bounce back for them starting Thursday.

Just something to consider when making your plays....

Comment

And never, never, ever double your wager and hope to get some back.:beerbang:

Now I have really liked 3 NCAA football games, and on a down streak, took the opposite teams,,,,,,, and won all three. It's really a hard thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by jpix View Post
                      And never, never, ever double your wager and hope to get some back.:beerbang:

Now I have really liked 3 NCAA football games, and on a down streak, took the opposite teams,,,,,,, and won all three. It's really a hard thing to do.
                      To each their own but this is actually my strategy. I pick 1 game per time slot and if I lose, I will double down on the next game and so on. It's worked for a little over a year for me. :beerbang:

Comment

Best Advice....one sentence says it all

I fight this statement EVERY SINGLE DAY! But when you lay off the "forced plays" you do better.
                        a.d.

2021 NHL: (through 02/24/2021)
                        Sides: +17.4 units
                        Totals: +0 units
                        In Game (Not posted) -0.6 units
                        Parlay: -1.8

All 2021 NHL:+14.9 units

Comment

I know exactly what you mean Raven. My current losing run has me questioning all kinds of ****. It'll be good, for me, to take a couple of days off after this past week.

I also think Mestermike hit it on the head.
                          :thumbs:

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                          I swear, the public in general must have made so much money in these conference tourneys that they don't know what the hell to do with it. It'll just sit there and burn a hole in their pocket until they lose it all during March Madness IMO. The books won't be taken as badly as they have this weekend for long....and I suspect a big bounce back for them starting Thursday....
                          could not agree more
                          ...toke on...

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheRaven View Post
                            Any of you guys ever get in a funk and feel scared about your plays?

I think I was just in one of those funks and felt confident in like none of my plays.

But I think I got my swagger back where I make plays and feel really confident about em. :beerbang:
                            Happens to the best of em if you play the game long enough. Gambling is like a rollercoaster that is why you never get to high or to low just keep doing what you do and it will all even out...and hopefully on the upside:)Sometimes when you feel like your betting not to lose it is good to take a little break as that seems to help.

Comment

Working...
                            X