Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your a fool and i am done with you...:puke:

Comment

I though politics talk was banned...maybe it was the other site....nothing good can come of it (I should know!)...and I am staying totally out of it (kinda)....

DevilsAdvokat...you are an ass....I'll leave it at that....you have been since you got here....I mean, you hate Bill Walton's commentery, because he is a hippie? How shallow, and how lame....and Billy is right, dude.... supporting an illegal war and supporting the brave troops who are forced to fight it are 2 totally different things!!

Gawd I hope a Democrat wins this year....JMO.....although I do like alot of what Ron Paul is for (Anti-Iraq/Pro-Afganistan, Reduce Govt spending, Smaller govt, Anti-Patriot Act, Anti-war on drugs, Pro StemCell), but disagree with others (Anti-gun control, pro-life). BUT...I do think he would be a good Republican candidate, and the 2nd best option for that party IMO (behind Rudy!).

Anyway....ban politics talk before a ****-storm happens like at UC! lol!

:beerbang:
      Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 11-06-2007, 11:37 AM.

Comment

The sad thing about all of this is that DevilsAdvokt will be able to cancel out an intelligent voter next November(and in the primaries if he even knows what they are). Which is why Bush won in the first place.

Comment

Being against the war has nothing to do with supporting our troops. Nothing.

That's all I will say. It would be great if we could talk some politics on here, but it always leads to things like this. Newbie members with no respect for people that have been here for years and then, worse off, spouting off about how someone "doesn't deserve to be in this country."

Intelligent conversations about politics and the upcoming elections would be refreshing, but it's just never going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
            Being against the war has nothing to do with supporting our troops. Nothing.

That's all I will say. It would be great if we could talk some politics on here, but it always leads to things like this. Newbie members with no respect for people that have been here for years and then, worse off, spouting off about how someone "doesn't deserve to be in this country."

Intelligent conversations about politics and the upcoming elections would be refreshing, but it's just never going to happen.
            Cuse, the sad thing is it is more than just this one guy that has these viewpoints. I remember back to the Kerry/Bush race in 2004 and people saying to me "John Kerry will take away my guns." I seriously thought they were kidding that they seriously believed that until I saw rallies on TV about it. The people that concoct those ideas don't believe them, but they know the uneducated masses will grab on to it and run. Did people seriously think that John Kerry would be able to, or want to for that matter, get the amount of votes needed in Congress to repeal the 2nd ammendment? Also, another one was "If Kerry gets elected gas prices will go up." That was another gem that made me laugh hysterically until I found out people believed it by sporting bumper stickers about it. The final straw was when middle-class people were saying how Bush would lower their taxes, when nowhere in his plans were there tax cuts for middle to low class citizens.

The uneducated masses will always out number the people that actually have grasp on the world and how it works, and sadly, that will eventually be the demise of the United States.

(Sorry for the doom and gloom at the end, but it's 100% bound to happen if we keep on our current track)

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
              Also, another one was "If Kerry gets elected gas prices will go up." That was another gem that made me laugh hysterically until I found out people believed it by sporting bumper stickers about it. The final straw was when middle-class people were saying how Bush would lower their taxes, when nowhere in his plans were there tax cuts for middle to low class citizens.
              slippery slope...and Larry cut me off if I go too far, lol!...but....I hope those people that were worried about Kerry and gas prices, or the economy or the American Dollar, and even a rediculous f'ing "swift boat" are looking back now....I mean gas prices through the roof, economy to ****, Billions on Iraq, New Orleans....and even our ****ty Canadian dollar is now 1.07 American, up some 40 cents ....crazy ****.......Bush put the US back 30 years IMO....But I love the US....hopefully the new regime....Democrat or Republican, Guiliani, Clinton....Paul or Obama....or whoever....will turn things around, and bring a little more intelligence to the office, and turn around the world view of foreign policies! JMO! GL! :thumbs:
              Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 11-06-2007, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilsAdvokt
                ..btw he said i should i die so makes him more of an ass than me.... thanks for playing though...
                Actually, no. If you are going to try to condescendingly throw a comment I made in face, at least get your facts straight first please. He told you to go sign up for the military and get your 20K bonus if you are a supporter of the war, basically insinuating to put your money where your mouth is. Then, and only then, did you tell him that "he didn't belong in this country" which is basically the most ridiculous statement of all-time.

His response then followed.... :thumbs:

Comment

See you in another life and I hope you die is almost as twisted as I don't support our troops becuase I don't support the war!

I thougth you were done in here! Get lost before the boss comes in and closes this thread!!!! Your 5 word question and answers are killing me!!!!
                  "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                    I though politics talk was banned...maybe it was the other site....nothing good can come of it (I should know!)...and I am staying totally out of it (kinda)....

DevilsAdvokat...you are an ass....I'll leave it at that....you have been since you got here....I mean, you hate Bill Walton's commentery, because he is a hippie? How shallow, and how lame....and Billy is right, dude.... supporting an illegal war and supporting the brave troops who are forced to fight it are 2 totally different things!!

Gawd I hope a Democrat wins this year....JMO.....although I do like alot of what Ron Paul is for (Anti-Iraq/Pro-Afganistan, Reduce Govt spending, Smaller govt, Anti-Patriot Act, Anti-war on drugs, Pro StemCell), but disagree with others (Anti-gun control, pro-life). BUT...I do think he would be a good Republican candidate, and the 2nd best option for that party IMO (behind Rudy!).

Anyway....ban politics talk before a ****-storm happens like at UC! lol!

Your 100% correct and I never wanted this thread to go this way! I will remove it!

Sorry to the Predictem board!

BB
                    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                      slippery slope...and Larry cut me off if I go too far, lol!...but....I hope those people that were worried about Kerry and gas prices, or the economy or the American Dollar, and even a rediculous f'ing "swift boat" are looking back now....I mean gas prices through the roof, economy to ****, Billions on Iraq, New Orleans....and even our ****ty Canadian dollar is now 1.07 American, up some 40 cents ....crazy ****.......Bush put the US back 30 years IMO....But I love the US....hopefully the new regime....Democrat or Republican, Guiliani, Clinton....Paul or Obama....or whoever....will turn things around, and bring a little more intelligence to the office, and turn around the world view of foreign policies! JMO! GL! :thumbs:
                      You're dreaming if you think because you change the guy you change the plan. This country has become a three ring circus. You give power to the democrats they over spend on garbage programs and grow the government. You give things to the Neo-cons and they give all the money away give tax cuts to the rich and overspend on bull**** pork for the companies. You put either of the two parties in and the plan in Iraq was going to get hatched any way. The war was not illegal and the Intel that was provided was done through a guy pulling a con on the Germans trying to get his citizenship. The code name "curve ball" which was explained on 20/20 just last night basically started the ground work for going into Iraq.

What I find amusing the most is how Neo-con is used as a dirty word like someone is calling them a disgraceful name. The neo-conservative movement was basically started by former Democrats or "Liberals". The amusing part is that now the Liberals use the name like it's a derogatory statement. Some people posting in this thread I can tell are liberals but I wonder just how liberal you'd be if you truly knew the facts about all the issues. The problem is finding the facts about anything anymore is almost impossible. Welcome to the modern age of misinformation. One example of the facts not being represented correctly is the gun control situation in the US. People think that you can take away the guns and everything gets better. That is not the case at all and there has been two books written on the matter (massive research). One book written by a conservative who set out to prove that guns in society make things safer and a liberal who set out to prove they do harm. Each study was done as unbiasedly as possible and each of the two authors reached the same conclusion on the subject.

In 1996, the most comprehensive "gun control" study of all time was published by John Lott of the University of Chicago Law School. Fifteen years of FBI files from all 3,054 counties in our country were analyzed regarding the correlation between the occurrence of violent crime and the prevalence of concealed weapons on law-abiding citizens. Invariably, where responsible, law-abiding citizens were allowed to carry firearms, the rate of violent crime plummeted. The criminals were afraid to attack those who "might" be armed.
                      Professor Gary Kleck is a life long (self-avowed) liberal democrat, author of Point Blank: Guns and Violence in America. He had expected the research involved in that writing to infer negatively on gun ownership. He discovered a vast amount of violent crimes were prevented by firearms usage. Even though this was contrary to his original premise, he had the integrity to stand by his research. Although that book was awarded the best book (of 1993) on criminology by the American Society of Criminology it was largely ignored by gun control advocates such as most medical journals and our Government's Justice Department and Center for Disease Control.
                      So even after the facts are out on the subject does that really make a difference anymore?? Nah the facts end up being an inconvenient part of trying to have things set to your own way of thinking. If Americans would take the time to truly make the assessments on matters based on the facts then things like abortion and gun control and other topics wouldn't even have to be argued about. Unfortunately with misinformation being spewed from every angle the government officials are free to sit on their hands and do nothing. Another example is health care which is a huge democratic item they have been running on for the last 30 years and yet nothing ever did get done about the health care system. Why I wonder?? Maybe because everyone is sitting around arguing about what type of health care coverage would work. I'm sure with good studies into that we could settle that argument also. It's time to stop arguing and time to start cutting some of the federal spending for the BS and it's time for a change in our government. When my golf swing goes bad I go back to the basics and that is what we need. I think Ron Paul makes a very good start to just that. Lets stop the arguing and get together on a few things.
                      I have 3 rules:

1) Never get less than 12 hours sleep
                      2) Never play poker against a guy that has the same name as a city.
                      3) Never date chicks that have tattoos of daggers.

Comment

November 6, 2007

Amazing! I have to admit being floored by the $4.2 million dollars you raised yesterday for this campaign. And unlike the fatcat operations of the opposition, the average contribution from our 36,672 donors was $103.

I say "you raised," because this historic event was created, organized, and run by volunteers. This is the spirit that has protected American freedom in our past; this is the spirit that is doing so again.

Some of the mainstream media have sat up and taken notice. Others have pooh-poohed our record online fundraising. But the day is coming--far faster than they know--when they will not be able to ignore our freedom revolution.

We are working hard, with you, to spread our message far and wide-in New Hampshire, in South Carolina, in Iowa, and in every other state with a primary. And people are listening.

As you and I know, there is hope for America-in liberty and peace, and the prosperity they bring. There is hope for America--in a sound dollar, the rule of law, and the Constitution. There is hope for America--in a people's revolution that brings us all together, of whatever race and age and background.

What momentum we have! Please help me keep it up. As you and I know, and our opponents are only suspecting, we have Success on our minds, and in our hearts.

Freedom! Surely it is worth all our hard work. Please help me continue to do that work, with your continuing support https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate

Without your help, this campaign would be dead in the water. Help us keep steaming towards victory.

Sincerely,

Ron

Comment

Yep, got the same e-mail. The next big money bomb is supposed to be on the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party(December 16).

Comment

I dont have a problem with politics being spoken in here as long as it stays in the general forum and doesnt spill out into the sports forums. I think most here are civil enough to separate the two convos.

Furthermore, unbeknownst to many, BillyBarooooooo was one of the creators of this forum dating back to the summer of 2001.

As far as I'm concerned, Billy has fat clout here being a founding forefather and whatever he decides goesl
                            Last edited by Kevin; 11-07-2007, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Well thanks for the kind words, Kevin!

Now if I could just get my NFL Picks back on track!!!!!

BB:thumbs:

Comment

The only other thing that concerns me about Ron Paul are those comments he wrote about African-American people back in the 90s.....google it, it sounds a touch racist to me.....he is also heavily endorsed by the American Neo-Nazi party. Yikes! lol

Anyway...glad everyone can be civil (mostly)....I just hope the new President turns things around. I actually like John Edwards the best. lol. Cheers guys... :beerbang:

Comment

Working...
                                X