November 5th Money Bomb!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beermantm View Post
    Lets stop the arguing and get together on a few things.
    I agree beerman - I'm not big into politics, but I try to follow along as best as I can and keep myself informed. Can I speak intelligently on every issue? No, I can't. But I do make an effort to follow things, which is more than you can say for most people. Anyway, I've long felt that the biggest problem with our government is that we still not evolved from this archaic idealogy of "party affiliation". Nothing is ever going to get done when the two parties have dissenting views just because they are two different parties. It applies to the people inside of government when trying to pass laws or settle issues and it applies to the masses who vote. Why do I need to know that Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama are Democarats? Or that Giuliani or Paul are Republicans?

One example is my buddy going to vote yesterday here in NJ. I asked if he went after work and he goes, "Yea." I said, "What did you vote for?". He said, "I don't know, I just voted Republican on eveything". I said, "You don't even know who you voted for?". He said, "No."

******* ridiculous.

Also, there are 85,000 people in this town, and only 18,500 voted they are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
      :beerbang:

The only other thing that concerns me about Ron Paul are those comments he wrote about African-American people back in the 90s.....google it, it sounds a touch racist to me.....he is also heavily endorsed by the American Neo-Nazi party. Yikes! lol

Anyway...glad everyone can be civil (mostly)....I just hope the new President turns things around. I actually like John Edwards the best. lol. Cheers guys... :beerbang:
      See that is a opinion! There is no facts in that!

Thats like coming in here saying you heard that I'm fat and bald and that I endorsed by Jim Fiest to post plays so the lines move!
      "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Barooooooo View Post

Thats like coming in here saying you heard that I'm fat and bald and that I endorsed by Jim Fiest to post plays so the lines move!

Two out of 3 ain't bad.:beer2:
        I have 3 rules:

1) Never get less than 12 hours sleep
        2) Never play poker against a guy that has the same name as a city.
        3) Never date chicks that have tattoos of daggers.

Comment

:dunno:

I just said some of the things I read that he has said in the past are questionable. There are facts...his comments are in many published newsletters, obtained by the associated press that came from his campaign office in the 90s. He has said he didn't necessarily write them himself, but is responsible for all material from his office. I'm sure you've heard of them or read them. They are quite out in the open. Just didn't want to post them.

I really don't care however...I just meant some of the quotes I read raised an eyebrow to me....
          Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 11-07-2007, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
            :dunno:

I'm sure you've heard of them or read them. They are quite out in the open. Just didn't want to post them.

I really don't care however...I just meant some of the quotes I read raised an eyebrow to me....
            To be honest with you no! I do know that there is a lot of smearing going on! I don't understand really why you brought it up in here after I said I would clean this thread up! I'm sure some of things I did in 1990 would raise a few eyebrows today too!!! :laughing:
            "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comment

Originally posted by beermantm View Post
              Two out of 3 ain't bad.:beer2:
              Which two working for Jim Fiest and being bald! Now if I could just get fat!!!!!:laughing:

Comment

I don't understand really why you brought it up in here after I said I would clean this thread up! I'm sure some of things I did in 1990 would raise a few eyebrows today too!!! :laughing:
                Sorry Billy....I was just readin up on him a bit more, and found out about it, and thought people would like to know about all things related to him. Say no more...

:beerbang:

Comment

Post away I don't care!

BB:thumbs:

Comment

YouTube - Ron Paul in The Situation Room w/ Wolf Blitzer 11-8-07

Comment

was reading paul wants to overturn roe v. wade...........ughhhhhh just dropped a notch in my book......:bang: :bang:
                      ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                      NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                      MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                      CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

You don't even know anything about this guy!

Ron Paul is a OB GYB he has deliverd over 4000 babies! He is a doctor, when your a doctor you take a oath! He against government telling people what they can and can not do! DO YOU UNDERSTAND HE IS AGAINST GOVERNMENT TELLING PEOPLE WHAT THEY CAN AND CAN NOT DO!

The right of an innocent, unborn child to life is at the heart of the American ideals of liberty. My professional and legislative record demonstrates my strong commitment to this pro-life principle.

In 40 years of medical practice, I never once considered performing an abortion, nor did I ever find abortion necessary to save the life of a pregnant woman.

In Congress, I have authored legislation that seeks to define life as beginning at conception, HR 1094.

I am also the prime sponsor of HR 300, which would negate the effect of Roe v Wade by removing the ability of federal courts to interfere with state legislation to protect life. This is a practical, direct approach to ending federal court tyranny which threatens our constitutional republic and has caused the deaths of 45 million of the unborn.

I have also authored HR 1095, which prevents federal funds to be used for so-called “population control.”

Many talk about being pro-life. I have taken direct action to restore protection for the unborn.

As an OB/GYN doctor, I’ve delivered over 4,000 babies. That experience has made me an unshakable foe of abortion. Many of you may have read my book, Challenge To Liberty, which champions the idea that there cannot be liberty in a society unless the rights of all innocents are protected. Much can be understood about the civility of a society in observing its regard for the dignity of human life.

Comment

The Second Amendment
                          I share our Founders’ belief that in a free society each citizen must have the right to keep and bear arms. They ratified the Second Amendment knowing that this right is the guardian of every other right, and they all would be horrified by the proliferation of unconstitutional legislation that prevents law-abiding Americans from exercising this right.

I have always supported the Second Amendment and these are some of the bills I have introduced in the current Congress to help restore respect for it:

H.R. 1096 includes provisions repealing the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act and the Federal Firearms License Reform Act of 1993, two invasive and unconstitutional bills.
                          H.R. 1897 would end the ban on carrying a firearm in the National Park System, restoring Americans’ ability to protect themselves in potentially hazardous situations.
                          H.R. 3305 would allow pilots and specially assigned law enforcement personnel to carry firearms in order to protect airline passengers, possibly preventing future 9/11-style attacks.
                          H.R. 1146 would end our membership in the United Nations, protecting us from their attempts to tax our guns or disarm us entirely.

In the past, I introduced legislation to repeal the so-called “assault weapons” ban before its 2004 sunset, and I will oppose any attempts to reinstate it.

I also recently opposed H.R. 2640, which would allow government-appointed psychiatrists to ban U.S. veterans experiencing even mild forms of Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome from ever owning a gun.

You have the right to protect your life, liberty, and property. As President, I will continue to guard the liberties stated in the Second Amendment.

Comment

Debt and Taxes
                            Working Americans like lower taxes. So do I. Lower taxes benefit all of us, creating jobs and allowing us to make more decisions for ourselves about our lives.

Whether a tax cut reduces a single mother’s payroll taxes by $40 a month or allows a business owner to save thousands in capital gains taxes and hire more employees, that tax cut is a good thing. Lower taxes allow more spending, saving, and investing which helps the economy — that means all of us.

Real conservatives have always supported low taxes and low spending.

But today, too many politicians and lobbyists are spending America into ruin. We are nine trillion dollars in debt as a nation. Our mounting government debt endangers the financial future of our children and grandchildren. If we don’t cut spending now, higher taxes and economic disaster will be in their future — and yours.

In addition, the Federal Reserve, our central bank, fosters runaway debt by increasing the money supply — making each dollar in your pocket worth less. The Fed is a private bank run by unelected officials who are not required to be open or accountable to “we the people.”

Worse, our economy and our very independence as a nation is increasingly in the hands of foreign governments such as China and Saudi Arabia, because their central banks also finance our runaway spending.

We cannot continue to allow private banks, wasteful agencies, lobbyists, corporations on welfare, and governments collecting foreign aid to dictate the size of our ballooning budget. We need a new method to prioritize our spending. It’s called the Constitution of the United States.

Comment

Border Security and Immigration Reform
                              The talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without secure borders is no nation at all. It makes no sense to fight terrorists abroad when our own front door is left unlocked. This is my six point plan:

Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
                              Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
                              No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
                              No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
                              End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
                              Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.

Comment

Privacy and Personal Liberty
                                The biggest threat to your privacy is the government. We must drastically limit the ability of government to collect and store data regarding citizens’ personal matters.

We must stop the move toward a national ID card system. All states are preparing to issue new driver’s licenses embedded with “standard identifier” data — a national ID. A national ID with new tracking technologies means we’re heading into an Orwellian world of no privacy. I voted against the Real ID Act in March of 2005.

To date, the privacy focus has been on identity theft. It was Congress that created this danger by mandating use of the standard identifier (currently your SSN) in the private sector. For example, banks use SSNs as customer account identifiers because the government requires it.

We must also protect medical privacy. Right now, you’re vulnerable. Under so-called “medical privacy protection” rules, insurance companies and other entities have access to your personal medical information.

Financial privacy? Right now depositing $10,000 or more in cash in your local bank account will generate a federally-mandated report to the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network at the United States Department of the Treasury.

And then there’s the so-called Patriot Act. As originally proposed, it:

Expanded the federal government's ability to use wiretaps without judicial oversight;
                                Allowed nationwide search warrants non-specific to any given location, nor subject to any local judicial oversight;
                                Made it far easier for the government to monitor private internet usage;
                                Authorized “sneak and peek” warrants enabling federal authorities to search a person’s home, office, or personal property without that person’s knowledge; and
                                Required libraries and bookstores to turn over records of books read by their patrons.
                                I have fought this fight for many years. I sponsored a bill to overturn the Patriot Act and have won some victories, but today the threat to your liberty and privacy is very real. We need leadership at the top that will prevent Washington from centralizing power and private data about our lives.

Comment

Working...
                                X