Handicapping Methods? anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handicapping Methods? anyone?

So, I was wondering. This is a handicapping Forum. Does anyone have any methods of how they get the teams they pick> I know nothing is 100% as so does everyone else. If everyone could put there ideas together, not just what teams they like but how u got the teams pick maybe the picks we all select could be that much stronger...ex. I have a way I handicap and If I put my method with someone elses and they add up to the same team, would'nt it make u feel more comfortable on taking that team? So please if u have a method please post or reply, I'm sure everyone would appreciate it, if not then I'm sorry to include you. I do have one but I'll post letter. I have to run. burt I did post it once before about the monday night game GB/DEN so if u want go back to monday and you'll see. Have a good day.
    ALL PLAYS ARE 1 UNIT = $100
    Spreads Only
    NBA YTD 43-27

I flip a coin. If you want my picks for this week to help make yours stronger let me know...

Comment

Originally posted by rjp View Post
      I flip a coin. If you want my picks for this week to help make yours stronger let me know...
      Betting in NFL, that's basically what the outcome is. A goddamn unpredictable, 50/50, mothe******* coin flip. I have yet made a good profit in Pro Football. I hate betting in the NFL with a passion, but love watching the sport.
      Rowdy Rowdy Red!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rjp View Post
        I flip a coin.
        Does one side say "underdog", and the other side say "whoever is playing the Patriots"?
        lol.

GL! :beerbang:

Comment

YES

Comment

I remember a few years ago at the old site some guy said he took a **** and the turd was in the shape of a certain letter, so he bet on that team.

I thought that was a pretty good method....although in my case, I'd be taking alot of ****s some days with the amount of plays I sometimes make :laughing:

Comment

I fade QN:beerbang:

Comment

If ya read a few threads and see how folks are working, you can pick up on some ideas of your own. Go ahead and get your feet wet and pick one and post it. Doing your own work and actually making a pick will do ya good. We are all individuals and have our own way of working for picks. Trying to find everybodies formula will confuse ya. C'mon, get your feet wet chief. Make your first pick and maybe just a sentence of why and you'll be hooked. Maybe you have just a gut feeling or a trend. Starting threads fishing for others to tell ya ain't capping, well it is but, .... AH Nevermind LOL. You can actually make a pick and not even give a reason. I know ya got one of your own. Post it and see how it goes. GL this week chief
                If its fun, do it

Comment

Originally posted by gameaholic View Post
                  This is a handicapping Forum.
                  Couldn't have said it better myself.
                  If its fun, do it

Comment

soo to sum it up true capping in a sense is a FARCE...........nfl=coin flip:thumbs:

Comment

I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

I know this sounds stupid but I know this girl who is all into witchcraft and each week has a "color", last weeks was Green so I took GB. Anyways, she is 5-1 with her "colors", so Im backing her.

Other than that I havent had time this year so Ive been picking as a fan, up a couple, but could be up a lot more (I think) if I actually had the time to put real effort into it.

Ha, everyone has their methods on here. I have mine (besides the 2 lame ones above), but its too much to type. Just read around, people will unvail little by little.

Comment

(A)^x + (B)^x + (C)^x + (D)^x = my pick

A= What is public perception of this game

B= What does the book want me to pick

C= What has more value

D= A bunch of stats def off sp/t crammed into a nutshell

x/factor on all games x= common sense

x is most important... common sense is a rare genius! :thumbs:

Good luck

Comment

Good question that I have thought about asking myself, because once I tried to get all analytical on stuff I started losing when I went with the old gut, things were on the up

I have schemed an idea in my brain before.. Flipping a coin for a game 10 times, but giving the favored team a + handicap (based on the line, ex; -112 team gets a +1 -210 the team get a +2 .. etc) on the flips so your really flipping __ times.. I haven't rally gotten around to doing it but it seems I might fare better being that pure luck is taking over the chance, and Luck seems to be the thing I don't have with my picks lately :)
                            Last Wager placed 01/11/09 - Loss
                            Taking a sabbatical from wagering

Comment

For football I like to play on dogs that I feel are the better rushing team. I am pretty much a stats based player so that is my main emphasis for picks. I try to forecast who will rush for the most yards and if they are the dog then that indicates to me that it may be a good play.

I know that this method is not for everyone but each handicapper has his own style for picking winners. What works for one might not work for someone else. As for baseball I like to focus on starting pitchers. In hoops I play mostly home team dogs (NCAA) and pretty much stay away from the tattoo thug league (NBA).

Comment

Working...
                              X