Chris Berman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Berman

Holy **** - I can't take it any more. Chris Berman has got to be the most annoying sportscaster on TV! I simply can't watch ESPN when he's on...

Come to think of it, between him and Stuart Scott, it's a tie and I want to puke.

These guys make 'it' more about them than the sport, player, or story they are covering. Stop the damn grandstanding and just report on the topic you bastards!

Ok, feel better - got that off my chest.
    If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
    What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

I think he's great....

Comment

Berman's one of the last greats IMO. He does ham it up a bit, but at least he's not rapping the highlights. Maybe because I grew up on him...from Ricky Running Waters to Eric Sleeping with Bienemy, & my favorite Bermanism....

Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills!:beerbang:
      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
        Berman's one of the last greats IMO. He does ham it up a bit, but at least he's not rapping the highlights. Maybe because I grew up on him...from Ricky Running Waters to Eric Sleeping with Bienemy, & my favorite Bermanism....

Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills!:beerbang:
        NFL Primetime in the early to mid 90s was pretty stellar. The "primetime" chant for Deion when he would run one back was great.

I think he's def. slipped though...

Comment

"ground control to David Toms" is pure genius....
          White crushed Americans need weird energy - Robert Pollard

Comment

I think Berman is funny. I don't think ESPN should allow Berman to do play-by-play as he often does for baseball games. That's where he's annoying for me. I think he's great in the studio. He is entertainingly genuine IMHO, meaning he is funny and entertains but it's not about "him". The highlights are the story and I think he still conveys that.

Stuart Scott on the other hand is an atrocity and ESPN should be embarrassed that they let him on the air. Then again, no one watches the two hour pre-game for Monday Night Football anyway, and if you do, you deserve to punished by having to sit through that moron's rumblings. Steve Young must want to poke his eyes out having to be sandwiched between Scott and Emmitt Smith.

I honestly think I would quit if I were Steve Young.

Comment

I honestly thought Irvin was OK even with his over the top shenanigans and crack problems.

IMO tom jackson complements berman well.

but yeh cant stand stuart scott, when he stops trying to act street and just be a journalists, he might be passable.
              :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
              -Big Pimpin-

Comment

I have to admit, I liked Irvin as well. He seemed really genuine to me and was entertaining as hell. I've read he's a pretty solid guy, too (notwithstanding any personal drug choices, obviously).

Emmit Smith, on the oher hand...I almost feel sorry for him. Some of his verbal slips have been absolutely hilarious..I'll try to dig them up here.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
                  I have to admit, I liked Irvin as well. He seemed really genuine to me and was entertaining as hell. I've read he's a pretty solid guy, too (notwithstanding any personal drug choices, obviously).

Emmit Smith, on the oher hand...I almost feel sorry for him. Some of his verbal slips have been absolutely hilarious..I'll try to dig them up here.
                  playing devils advocate, Emmitt has probably been slapped around harder than Irvin during his career.

then again... Irvin had that traumatic neck injury, and all that crack... LOL

Irvin nonwithstanding the drug problems in the past, seems to be a solid guy, and the type of teammate anyone would want, loyal, leadership, always has your back, someone you definitely want to play with.

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

Every Monday night Steve Young must sit there and think, "Why the **** can't they just give me Scott Van Pelt, Mike Ditka, and some other ex player (say Darren Woodson). Why do I have to deal with the Wanna-Be Gangster and Mumbles? What di dI do to deserve this?"

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                      Every Monday night Steve Young must sit there and think, "Why the **** can't they just give me Scott Van Pelt, Mike Ditka, and some other ex player (say Darren Woodson). Why do I have to deal with the Wanna-Be Gangster and Mumbles? What di dI do to deserve this?"
                      lol

good examples!

ditka seems to be toeing the line between insanity and incoherence, but he gets it done.

Darren is very solid, I'd say Aikman, Collinsworth to be honest in some doses...when he's not off the deep end.

and surprisingly Moose and Siragusa (spelling?)

I know ive heard in the past he deeply hates the cowboys, but because he works with Moose and Fox Network carries NFC games, he does a lot of cowboy games. LOL i know he has to hate it, but he is very professional and imo he does come off objective and funny insights sometimes.

I think it comes down to ESPN goes for rep and not substance, there are some other solid journalists in other networks.

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                        Steve Young's reaction to the arm wrestling match every week makes the whole thing worth while.

Comment

Moose and Siragusa are both REALLY good. The whole team of Dick Stockton/Moose/Goose is really fantastic.

Goose is hilarious with some of his sideline comments...especially during that London game.

Another ESPN guy I can't stand is Trey Wingo. He seems to have taken a page out of the Dan Patrick handbook and insists on being abrasive with everything out of his mouth.

Comment

God, I hate Goose!
                            Fat **** is so annoying, IMO.

Aikman the best colour guy, IMO.
                            Berman/TJ best studio guys...

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                              Steve Young's reaction to the arm wrestling match every week makes the whole thing worth while.
                              See here's the problem? Why do you watch it? I can honestly say that I don't have a clue what you are referring to with the "arm wrestling match"?

STOP WATCHING ESPN UNLESS IT'S A GAME OR BASEBALL TONIGHT.

Comment

Working...
                              X