Chris Berman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

overruled

Damn, I see I'm overruled on Berman. Glad some of you agree with me on Scott.

Growing up, I listened to Berman too. I guess now I've just grown sick of him. But I can understand why many do like him.
    If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
    What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
      See here's the problem? Why do you watch it? I can honestly say that I don't have a clue what you are referring to with the "arm wrestling match"?

STOP WATCHING ESPN UNLESS IT'S A GAME OR BASEBALL TONIGHT.
      I don't watch it too often, and I certainly don't watch the sit-com drama series they call "Sports Center." I had seen before the Steelers game though they had arm wrestling matches between the fans of each team and the fan that won the team was like 8-1 or some ****. They were joking about it being able to predict the game and Steve Young was so angry he nearly just up and left, it was pretty funny stuff.

I do turn Mike&Mike on in the bedroom as I get ready in the morning, though. For some reason I think they work pretty well together and entertain me.

For the record the only channels my TV venture to are:

Sporting events
      CNN
      Fox News(even though it sucks)
      CNBC
      MSNBC
      Discovery and Discovery Times(awesome ******* channel)
      And my favorite...

The History Channel
      Last edited by NittanyLions94; 11-12-2007, 10:53 PM.

Comment

LMAO

watching the post game. Stuart Scott just asked Steve Young if this Seahawks team can beat any of these teams in the NFC. He said yes, Scott asked again, any of these teams? Steve says yes, Scott asked again, even the Packers and Cowboys? Steve said yes! Scott said this Seahawks team tonight, even against the Cowboys? LOLOLOL

Steve Young looks like he was about to rip off that glass eye and stuff it down Stu's mouth.

:laughing:

Steve rolling his eyes:

"do i need to make that long-winded comment again? I just TOLD you that they..." LMAO!
        :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
        -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Oh the mnf postgame is unwatchable and sunday morning countdown is hanging on by a thread. I swear Emmitt has a speech impediment. The only thing I can watch is the thing before the monday games for the tuna and Keyshawn. Berman is pretty annoying, I can't blame just him since all of espn is in love with him but I swear the guy wants to marry Brett Favre. And after every highlight when they put the camera on him and Jackson he takes a deep breath, exhales while looking like he's calling a travel or something, I swear just watch and you'll see it. I used to really like primetime when it was on at 7 but now it's pretty bad. Really all I watch is espnews just cause it doesn't have all the dumb crap sportscenter, it's far from sportscenters awesomeness back in the day but it's the only thing watchable for all the sports. I do like what espn has done with mnf though, but that's mainly because I really like Jaws.
          NFL
          Spread:30-33:-12 units
          Moneyline:0-9:-7 units
          O/U:5-5:+1 units
          Parleys:4-23:+1 units
          NBA
          Spread:23-24:+2 units
          Moneyline:0-3 -2 units
          O/U:0-2 -2 units
          Parleys:

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post

"do i need to make that long-winded comment again? I just TOLD you that they..." LMAO!

I saw that Q! He was VISIBLY furious, hahaha....

Comment

Someone mentioned the Tuna and Keyshawn Johnson...I actually think that is a good combo - but I swear sometimes Key looks intimidated by the big Tuna.

I also saw Steve Young about to implode. I wonder if ESPN had to choose, would they take Young or Scott? Hmmm
              If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
              What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

Comment

We are all individuals. Some like this, some like that. I absolutely love Berman. He brings a smile when I watch him as opposed to the others that you just watch and listen. He brings a certain flavor to the game, and that would be neopolitan. I hate Michael Irvan.
                If its fun, do it

Comment

Im glad somebody mentioned Dick Stockton. One of the most underrated of all time. Him and Dick Enberg are consumate pro's.

Speaking of announcers.. Anybody ever listen to a Celtics game? Tommy Heinson is some kind of homer. Of course that's nothing new.

Comment

Berman :puke:
                    Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

kevin harlan

voice sounds like marv, but just as solid.

more of a poor man's marv so to speak.

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by NevadaJay View Post
                        Damn, I see I'm overruled on Berman. Glad some of you agree with me on Scott.

Growing up, I listened to Berman too. I guess now I've just grown sick of him. But I can understand why many do like him.
                        I'm new to this site and had to comment on this. I'm with you Nevada, I'm not a big Berman fan at all. He annoys the hell out of me:bang: I actually liked Scott at first but then he too got to be very annoying, ghetto and cocky. It got old pretty quick. But nobody is more annoying than Stephen A. Smith and all of his yelling about nothing. Great forum by the way guys:beerbang:

Comment

Kenny Mayne has some alright humor but he is overall annoying as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                            Kenny Mayne has some alright humor but he is overall annoying as well.
                            Kenny Mayne used to be HYSTERICAL. Now his stuff is just stupid I think. The Maurice Jones-Drew skit about his many nicknames could possibly have been the dumbest thing I've ever seen in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                              Kenny Mayne used to be HYSTERICAL. Now his stuff is just stupid I think. The Maurice Jones-Drew skit about his many nicknames could possibly have been the dumbest thing I've ever seen in my life.
                              what happend to him? all that money from the progressive commercials must have gone to his head.

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

I still remember back in like the early 90's, Steve Bono was playing QB for the KC Chiefs, and he never really was exactly fleet of foot....

In any case, he broke out of the pocket and ran down the field at a snail's pace, and amazingly, no one was catching up to him. Where the defense was, I still have no idea....cause this dude was pretty damn slow, as I'm sure most of you remember.

Anyway, he ran for like 70 yards or so and scored, and the whole time during the highlights Berman was going "da doo da doo" like in that song "I Got You Babe" by Cher and Sonny Bono.

I LMFAO over and over every time they showed it.

Oh yea.....and I loved the "Nobody Circles the Wagons like the Buffalo Bills".....of course it could be because I'm a Bills fan.

Now Stuart Scott....that's a different story. Trying to give highlights in ebonics? And not even doing it right? That's pathetic, and so is he IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                                X