No announcement yet.

Music Downloads???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So basically I have to a cd player that supports mp3's. Or I will be wasting my time.

Comment

JML. I've ponderd many an hour on a reply. I couldn't figure out a good way to reply, so I didn't. You get a pass. Next time, I will tell how I feel about being born so long ago.
      If its fun, do it

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
        So basically I have to a cd player that supports mp3's. Or I will be wasting my time.
        Nah....all CD players play "Audio" CD burns....he's talking about a special CD player that plays "Data" CDs with MP3 music files on them so you would be able to have a 100 songs on 1 CD instead of the 15 or 20 you will have on your normal CDR.

You should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by yomonte View Post
          JML. I've ponderd many an hour on a reply. I couldn't figure out a good way to reply, so I didn't. You get a pass. Next time, I will tell how I feel about being born so long ago.
          You're young at heart, and you look like Howard McNear....no worries for you :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
            Most any CD/CD Player works these days, Larry...just get a CDR, and burn it as an "Audio" CD, and not a "Data" CD....
            Definitely easiest way. Your computer should have the standard CD burner program in it I would assume. Go buy a stack of CD's and you can make your own with generally about 18-20 songs on each. I am AWFUL with computers and even I can use the CD burner program in my comp.

Comment

Use Torrents & get Bitlord to download them(music & movies). Get a HDD portable media player to store all the downloads. The media player will play back on any modern tv or stereo. Get yourself a vr3 vrvd630 for your car and you are all set! :beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
                Use Torrents & get Bitlord to download them(music & movies). Get a HDD portable media player to store all the downloads. The media player will play back on any modern tv or stereo. Get yourself a vr3 vrvd630 for your car and you are all set! :beer2:
                :laughing: I'm sure that's the answer Larry was looking for...he barely knew what a CD was....lol

Comment

its like they said:

1) if you burn an audio CD, on a standard CDR disc, you can only hold 18-20 songs each like any album you buy off the shelf, but it can play on any CD player, boombox, shelf, or car. Unless you really have an old old old old one, it will play on any if you choose the burn to audio option.

2) if you happen to have a "newer" mp3 CD player car or boombox (I'm pretty old too who uses boombox anymore ? LOL) you can instead burn that same CDR disc only instead of audio, burn it as data, and voila you can have up to 700mb which is like what 100 songs or so? I'm not sure but its a lot more than 20! and your newer mp3 reading CD player can read that.

its your choice but you can see the advantages and disadvantages of both,

if you have money lying around Larry, and you re well invested in time in your car and you spend a lot of time listening to music, I suggest buying a flash media playing mp3 player for your car.

instead of burning disks all the time, you could just buy a tiny card that holds up to 1-2 gigs I think and put 200-250 songs on that and swap it out if you get bored of the music and want something different. its fairly new and a bit pricier but in the long run if this is something you use a lot, it may save you money overall instead of buying disks all the time plus it could save time.
                  :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                  -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                    :laughing: I'm sure that's the answer Larry was looking for...he barely knew what a CD was....lol
                    Good time to learn! Cd's will end up with the cassettes & 8 tracks. Its all about the disk drives now. :thumbs:

Comment

Times are good. Times are fun. Times they are a changin'
                      If its fun, do it

Comment

So I have to use CD-R, I can't use DVD-R?

And how do you erase a disk?

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
                          Good time to learn! Cd's will end up with the cassettes & 8 tracks. Its all about the disk drives now. :thumbs:
                          Yeah..I agree...only Ipods, flash drives and airtunes from my laptop at home to play music for me for a while....my CD collection was downloaded and boxed up years ago....and Satellite radio in the car can't be beat!!

I'm just saying Larry is looking for baby steps here...lol

:beerbang:

Comment

So I have to use CD-R, I can't use DVD-R?

And how do you erase a disk?
                            Yeah, buy CDR....and you don't erase....they cost about 50 cents now in bulk, dude...lol

GL :thumbs:

Comment

You seriously can't erase a disk? I know there cheap but I ain't got any new ones.

And yes, baby steps:laughing:

Comment

yeh DVD-Rs are way too big, and I'm not sure if they can read it, they probably can, but prolly not cuz its way too big, designed for movies of course.

telling ya Larry, get one of those flash drive players for your car, you can erase and reload as you please, thats what I was referring to earlier
                                :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                                -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Working...
                                X