Duke Sucks Video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
    It's called a "sense of humor". You can pick one up at the dollar store, they're on sale this week.
    Very well said Nit. Yeppir, very well said. Hence the term "laugh and the whole world laughs with you. Cry, and...AH Nevermind"
    If its fun, do it

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
      Again, ridiculous... How has college basketball been at it's peak over the past 10 years? Just because you are 20-21 years old and you personally have been into it so it's at its peak?

How could it be at its peak when players didn't start leaving for the NBA til about 12 years ago? Losing the best players puts something at it's peak? In the past decade and a half college basketball has been decimated by early departures and no shows who bolt for the NBA. That doesn't seem like a "peak" to me. College hoops is irrelevant in this country except for two to three weekends a year in March (unless you gamble). NO ONE loves college hoops more than I do, but the fact is, that the regular season is meaningless because of the tournament and no one cares about it (in a nationwide sense) until March. If you dispute that, than I have to say you just plain don't know what you're talking about. Yea, Carolina vs Duke is great, but no one watches it. The ratings are abyssmal, comparatively speaking to other sports.

I'm not old enough either to give an accurate assessment, but I would say the "peak" was the late late 70's to early/mid 80's fomr Magic and Larry to Jordan and Ewing. But again, I'm was a young buck so I wouldn't know for sure either.
      Again, I know you dislike that I am 21 but I do think I know a lot about the history of college basketball. And yes, I do think the past 10 years has been basketball at its peak and im going to give you a few reasons.

First of all when have we ever seen this many good teams in college basketball. Never. We have had some of the most exciting games of basketball recently and a big part of that is when the tournament field was expanded to 64 teams. Why is basketball so much better now than it was 20-30 years ago, because of how many good teams there are like I noted above. Who had a George Mason in the final four last year? Could they have done that 30 years ago? No because they would have never been given the chance.

I dont think its as ridiculous as you think it is. You know as well as anyone when players leave for the NBA, more fantastic players take their place.

And when you say no one watches Duke-UNC, you are talking out of your ass. Come on dude, be serious. If no one watches it then just ask ESPN. Ask ESPN why they put the same game on 4 different channels showing four different angles of the game.

Be serious man, to say no one watches Duke-Unc is just stupid.
      NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
      NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
      NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
      NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

thats great for any duke fan, of any age

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post

And when you say no one watches Duke-UNC, you are talking out of your ass. Come on dude, be serious. If no one watches it then just ask ESPN. Ask ESPN why they put the same game on 4 different channels showing four different angles of the game.

Because ESPN is a bunch of douche bags that all work for the same industry. They should rename it the "DCTKBBPY Network" The letters stand for "Duke Carolina TO Barry Bonds Patriots Yankees Network" because that's all they give a F about on that station. I stopped going to ESPN to tell me who is good and who isn't a while ago and I've been better off since then. ESPN can shove their **** straight up their collective asses. Any station that has has Pedro Gomez budgeted in to give minute by minute opdates of Barry Bonds' life for the last 3 years and employs Stuart Scott at the same time loses every shred of respect from me.

Comment

I agree I hate ESPN for many same reasons you do. But when it comes to my sports, Im not going to stop watching ESPN because your not going to find the same quality of games on any other network.
            NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
            NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
            NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
            NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

gonna be honest on this one, I'd pay good money if NCSU the past several years was respectable enough for a Maryland (yes the white dude is a Maryland fan) and UNC fan to make a video about NCSU sucking.

I guess NCSU sucking is part of life ...

until this Sidney Lowe era hopefully.
              2009 NCAA Football
              Record: 41-38-1
              +/- Units: +1.69

2009 NFL Football
              Record: 11-14-0
              +/- Units: -2.71

2009-10 NBA Basketball
              Record: 15-15-2
              +/- Units: -0.68

All favorites to win 1 unit, all dogs to win 1 unit, unless otherwise noted!

<-- look at him go!

Comment

I've paid attention to the CBB forum for exactly 4 days, and I'm already sick of it. LOL. My fav team this. My fav conference that. Geez.

:blackeye:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                  I've paid attention to the CBB forum for exactly 4 days, and I'm already sick of it. LOL. My fav team this. My fav conference that. Geez.

:blackeye:
                  Not quite like you homers over on the NHL board, LMAO

Comment

Not quite like you homers over on the NHL board, LMAO
                    All 10 of us?
                    LOL!
                    Not enough people for this kind of bickering!

:sm:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                      All 10 of us?
                      LOL!
                      Not enough people for this kind of bickering!

:sm:

Hey, no homerism from this guy. My team is freakin wretched, but the team I picked to start the year as my "team to root for"(yeah I do that each year expecting PSU to suck) was Kansas, so I'm happy so far.

Comment

My favorite team is the one that covers the #
                        Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Hey, no homerism from this guy. My team is freakin wretched, but the team I picked to start the year as my "team to root for"(yeah I do that each year expecting PSU to suck) was Kansas, so I'm happy so far.
                          Nice turnaround by your Pens this year though, on and off the ice!

Comment

I know I've laughed at jokes directed at or around my favorite teams(Penn State, Steelers, Pens, etc.). It's called a "sense of humor". You can pick one up at the dollar store, they're on sale this week.
                            lol, if we all took time to laugh a lil more, what a beter place we'd all live in
                            :thumbs:
                            this is old too so dont get upset GM just pokin fun and havin a few chuckles

...toke on...

Comment

LMAO love it:beerbang: Do they have one for ND football
                              Last edited by birdsfan5; 03-19-2007, 07:56 PM.
                              NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post

Be serious man, to say no one watches Duke-Unc is just stupid.
                                First, I don't at all dislike you because of your age, and in fact, don't dislike you at all. My point is that your ignorance shows because of your age. To compare now to the Magic/Bird Ewing/Jordan years and games is simple minded. I am only a few years older than yourself, and I don't even remember those games, but I am smart enough to understand that from what people have told me and from what I have learned on my own that the comparison between George Mason vs UConn and those types of classic, BIG games is utterly ridiculous. Sure, it's a good story about George Mason, but it's not comparable, IMHO. The fact that there are more good teams (from RPI 50-150 is your basic argument) and more teams in the tournament as a whole (65) doesn't equate to college basketball being at it's "peak." Sports is about BIG STARS and BIG GAMES. There is none of that right now in college hoops since the regular season goes unwatched by everyone but die-hards and gamblers. College basketball simply does not matter on a national level these days, therefore, it's not at it's "peak".

As for you UNC/Duke point, I hate to break it to you but the world doesn't stop when they play each other. Go find a rating for the Duke/UNC game at Chapel Hill a few Sundays ago, and I guarantee it didn't beat NASCAR, and it MIGHT have beaten the NBA and PGA (if Tiger wasn't playing). If the rating was over 3.0 I'll be floored.
                                Last edited by CuseFan10; 03-20-2007, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X