Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNREAL: High stakes internet poker scam!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNREAL: High stakes internet poker scam!

I'm at loss for words. Read the article.

Allegations that cheaters manipulated the software powering a leading Internet poker site so they could see their opponents' hole cards have triggered a $75 million claim against a Canadian company, msnbc.com has learned.

The alleged subterfuge on UltimateBet.com — one of the 10 top poker sites — is the biggest known case of fraud targeting an Internet gambling site and its customers, according to the company that owns the site. It is similar to a case of cheating that occurred last year on UltimateBet’s sister site, AbsolutePoker.com, but this time the thieves ran the scheme for far longer — at least from January 2005 to January 2008, it said.

h**p://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26563848/

See the thread on the 2+2 poker forum that broke the case.

h**p://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/ub-scandal-sticky-251207/

The yellow data point in the upper-right corner is the accused NioNio account

Some facts about the scatter plot image that was posted on January 9th:

* There are 870 “normal” accounts from a variety of sites and limits.
    * Each of those other accounts has at least 2,500 hands logged on them.
    * The graph expresses big blinds won/100 hands. BB/100 represents the total winnings, expressed in number of big blinds at the stakes being played, that each player won per one-hundred hands that they played.
    * The mean BB/100 win rate in the sample is 1.528 BB/100.
    * The standard deviation is 14.08 BB/100.
    * NioNio is winning at approximately 10 standard deviations above the mean.

You can also watch the hands played out on a video replayer that was uploaded onto youtube.

YouTube - Absolute Poker Superuser "POTRIPPER" Cheating (Part 1 of 4)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FczbS7FiWSM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FczbS7FiWSM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:puke: :puke: :puke:
    ...toke on...

It finally got some national attention! :thumbs:

<object width="600" height="450"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/27EexRDexBk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/27EexRDexBk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="600" height="450"></embed></object>

Comment

That 60 minutes won't help online poker :(
      Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

Originally posted by wsox08 View Post
        That 60 minutes won't help online poker :(

It won't hurt either! :thumbs: It's still good, ya just gotta comprehend , and know when to walk away! :beerbang:

Comment

I've heard rumblings that California is going to make a run at legalizing online poker and if that goes other states will likely follow.

Good things to come in the online gambling front within the next few years. I think the worst has passed. Unfortunately sports betting is still frowned upon though.

Comment

Thankfully anyone who was affected by the cheats got a full refund!

~Per 2+2 poker forums.
            2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

First online gambling to be state run will be poker. It is going to make another mad wave of players. The numbers will be sick.
              College 52-42 +560 (56%)
              NFL 19-23 -550 (45%)
              last update (7:19 AM 11/29/15)

Comment

it's amazing to me that these people are smart enough to create a program that allows them to see everyone's cards, yet not smart enough to realize the sites can track these numbers? I can't help but wonder what took this poker site so long to realize what was going on here.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if alot more people were doing this, but on a much smaller scale, in other words, more intelligently. Winning almost every hand you play, is obviously not an intelligent way to cheat, lol

If you're in a real money game and someone never folds pre-flop, even after raises, if you ask me they are either a) stupid or b) cheating. All you have to do is watch for a while to figure out which one it is....

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                  If you're in a real money game and someone never folds pre-flop, even after raises, if you ask me they are either a) stupid or b) cheating. All you have to do is watch for a while to figure out which one it is....
                  If you're cheating, you're not going to play every hand (especially when you can see everyone's cards) - you're going to win mostly every hand, not play every hand. If you're cheating AND playing every hand then you're (a) a ******* moron, and (b) cheating.

I saw the story on 60 Minutes a couple weeks ago, and have to say I'm not shocked at all. ANYTHING done over internet/computer can be manipulated if someone tries hard enough and is technologically savvy enough.

Comment

Working...
                  X