Legalizing Weed...........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legalizing Weed...........

I just don't know how Alcohol can be legal and weed is still illegal when they now have devices like this.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KojLLUJpImM

I guess I'm behind the times since these been around for a while but I just found them on the net tonight!! LOL

I guess this bad boy eliminate carcinogens almost 95% then what is left that can be harmful about weed???
    I have 3 rules:

1) Never get less than 12 hours sleep
    2) Never play poker against a guy that has the same name as a city.
    3) Never date chicks that have tattoos of daggers.

Division of Pharmacognosy, Institute of Biology, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands. ahazekamp@rocketmail.com

What is currently needed for optimal use of medicinal cannabinoids is a feasible, nonsmoked, rapid-onset delivery system. Cannabis "vaporization" is a technique aimed at suppressing irritating respiratory toxins by heating cannabis to a temperature where active cannabinoid vapors form, but below the point of combustion where smoke and associated toxins are produced. The goal of this study was to evaluate the performance of the Volcano vaporizer in terms of reproducible delivery of the bioactive cannabinoid tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) by using pure cannabinoid preparations, so that it could be used in a clinical trial. By changing parameters such as temperature setting, type of evaporation sample and balloon volume, the vaporization of THC was systematically improved to its maximum, while preventing the formation of breakdown products of THC, such as cannabinol or delta-8-THC. Inter- and intra-device variability was tested as well as relationship between loaded- and delivered dose. It was found that an average of about 54% of loaded THC was delivered into the balloon of the vaporizer, in a reproducible manner. When the vaporizer was used for clinical administration of inhaled THC, it was found that on average 35% of inhaled THC was directly exhaled again. Our results show that with the Volcano a safe and effective cannabinoid delivery system seems to be available to patients. The final pulmonal uptake of THC is comparable to the smoking of cannabis, while avoiding the respiratory disadvantages of smoking. (c) 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc. and the American Pharmacists Association
    I have 3 rules:

Comment

My buddy has a volcano, it's pretty cool :beer2:
      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
        My buddy has a volcano, it's pretty cool :beer2:
        Does it hold down the smell??? I might get one of those bad boys.
        I have 3 rules:

Comment

I wouldn't say you can't smell it, but it's diminished.... there is still a faint "smoke" when you exhale, but since it's in the filling chamber beforehand the smell is reduced. Definitely the healthier alternative, it really doesn't feel like you've inhaled anything afterwards...it's kind of strange at first. I didn't think it would be as effective, but it's all the same. My buddy bought it off someone for $200, but I think they are over $500 retail..... by now I'm sure there are replica vaporizers that are just as effective for considerably less loot :thumbs:

Comment

At least de-criminalize it so some 16 year old kid doesn't have a record for smoking a joint...possibly hindering future life endeavours. That's what Canada has done pretty much....just a small fine for possesion.

Comment

I'm not a weed smoker (mainly because all it ever did was make me tired when I tried it, lol), but I never understood why it's illegal either. I personally don't see how it's any more addicting, harmful, or dangerous to use than alcohol....which is also not dangerous IMO if used responsibly.

Of course people often don't use either one responsibly, but that doesn't change the point that it makes no sense for one to be legal and the other not.

I think our silly country could make a ton off legalizing weed and taxing the sales of it, and then maybe the rediculous gas prices could drop a few cents.

As long as it was regulated in the same ways as alcohol is (could only be used in your home or designated places with a license, and of course not while driving), I could see it being possible.

Just my opinion....I could be way off. The main problems I do see is that it would be very easy to smoke a joint while driving without anyone (cops) noticing, and obviously if everyone was driving around high, that would be a problem, lol....so who knows.

Comment

Anybody Tried it?

Anybody tried one of these? Was thinking about investing in one. The wifey isn't supposed to be near smoke but does enjoy to partake. Was wondering if this took away from the affects!

:spin:
                From one beer lover to another! Strohs Beer!

Lost all control of my record!! It's a new year Let's see if I can do better! :drunk:

Comment

outkast

IF you'll smoke a dime, THEN I'LL SMOKE A DIME
                  Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                  (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                  (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                  (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                  (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Bump!

Oh come on you College boys and girls I know someone had to try one of these out! Hopefully one a little less expensive! Just wanting to know if it's worth it and if it reduces/increases the affects!! :beerbang:

Man Where's DeadGarcia when ya need him!! LMAO!!

Thanks in advance!

Lost all control of my record!! It's a new year Let's see if I can do better! :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by shorts View Post
                      Anybody tried one of these? Was thinking about investing in one. The wifey isn't supposed to be near smoke but does enjoy to partake. Was wondering if this took away from the affects!

:spin:

Definitely doesn't reduce any of the effects Shorts :beer2:

Comment

Never Fear....

Never fear Underdog is here!! That's just what I wanted to hear. That will make the wifey very happy! We always worry about the smoke for her!
                        You wouldn't happen to know of any a little less expensive? I found the
                        BC Vaporizer for about 100....if it's not as good we'll go the 500 for the volcano!

:beerbang:

Comment

I have tried the volcano and a few other brands and have found with the best of them, it still did not have the same kick that I have been used to with rolling or pipes or waterpipes. Dont get me wrong it works (although not as strongly) and is probably better for you since there is barely any smoke. As for smell , as same as the hit you get from it , not as strong...but still gets the job done. It was kind of a novelty thing for me as I like to try all the latest headshop toys and I decided to go with what got me here "Zig-Zag".......One warning, There are some knock off brands of vaporisors that really dont work that well at all, so ask around or stay with the more popular versions and dont expect it to be just as quick or strong as other methods ie..papers,pipes ect.............Good Luck with the reserch it should be fun!

Comment

Thanks WD

Thanks WhalleyDog! If the Wifey can still catch one without the smoke that's our main concern. She has some health problems we both love to burn so this might be a good way for her to do it without the smoke! You know we'll have a blast researching it!!!

Ya know ya just gotta love this forum! You can get info. on damn near anything!!!! If anybody else has any info it would be greatly appreciated!
                            I would hate to be an uninformed paraphanilia purchaser!!!! LMAO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shorts View Post
                              Thanks WhalleyDog! If the Wifey can still catch one without the smoke that's our main concern. She has some health problems we both love to burn so this might be a good way for her to do it without the smoke! You know we'll have a blast researching it!!!

Ya know ya just gotta love this forum! You can get info. on damn near anything!!!! If anybody else has any info it would be greatly appreciated!
                              I would hate to be an uninformed paraphanilia purchaser!!!! LMAO!!!!

Check this one out!!!

eBay: DIGIVAPOR VAPORIZER VP400 + FREE GRINDER + 500G SCALE (item 200096617321 end time Apr-10-07 20:44:30 PDT)
                              I have 3 rules:

Comment

Working...
                              X