Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
    Ditto.

-250? Are you kidding me? What has this (or any other team for that matter) done this season to be almost a -250 favorite over someone already?

They're now 2-2, and they have played Baltimore and Tampon Bay....at home....and really would be 0-4 if it wasn't for the 10 trillion dollars worth of offense they have. Their pitching is nothing but old guys past their prime, and guys who are either unproven, or not even any good. Their defense has made a ton of errors already on plays they should have easily made, and the only thing they have going for them at all so far is their big hitters.

How this justifies a -250 line is completely beyond me.

Same goes for yesterday. They should have been about -120 yesterday and they were somewhere around -250!

Sheesh

I am in agreement Is Vegas responsible for for this or is the public? I am in guessing part both? Vegas start these lines way too freaking high, and then the public defends the line by betting on the favorite way too often... is this correct? I also found the Padres line of -140 with David Welles to be way off. This guy hasn't pitched a game that warrants a -140 line in a few years, with just about any team batting behind him, nevermind the Padres who don't have exactly a potent offence.

This is my first year betting MLB with strict unit bets, usually I am a streak bettor that rides the wins, and presses profits. I find this way much more relaxing, and I am trying to pay close attention to dogs everyday, and try to get value out of dogs.

Comment

The public is most responsible I think. They bet on the Yankees at any price, so the lines have to be set rediculously high to get some action on the other side to balance things out for the books.

I try to look for good spots to go against the Yanks when the lines are like this, but wouldn't just do it blindly every day....at least not for any kind of meaningful money. They are like I said, still a really potent offense, and could certainly outscore the other side on any given day....especially when you don't know what you're getting out of the other team's pitcher(s)....and guys like Mussina and Pettitte are still GOOD pitchers. With that being said though, they draw lines as though they are still in their prime. They draw higher lines than guys like Santana and Halladay for Petes sake, 2 guys who are clearly in a different league right now...and not to mention have strong bullpens backing them!!

Could you imagine the lines if the Yanks somehow land Clemens? They'll be -400 or more every time he pitches if these lines are any example!!

Comment

Mr.April is the best!!! He bailed me out bigtime!!! Had NYY -1.5

Comment

I myself don't find Pettitte to be a terribly scary pitcher anymore, his stats in the NL wern't even that good really. Not only that, but for now the bull pen that backs him isn't really that strong. Sure the Yankees can score 10 a game, but odds say they won't do it every game. I do see your point though stif, not smart to go in blindly everyday...probably won't try it but would be interesting to see

The fact that you are getting +180 and up certainly seems inticing with regards to betting against the NYY though.

Me for one will be ALL over the opposing team regardless of who it is if Clemens lines come out at -400...dont even care who the team is I will put a half unit every time

Comment

Please don't be offended by me moving this one. The pages are shorter here and buries folks quicker. GD
            If its fun, do it

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch Goose View Post
              Yanks aren't worth the stress in my book.

No doubt.......As a Yanks fan, I rarely play on or against them, but right now why would you play anything other than NYY overs? Bad pitching + shaky D + a high powered offense= :chaching:
              Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by yomonte View Post
                Please don't be offended by me moving this one. The pages are shorter here and buries folks quicker. GD
                no, not a problem..:beerbang:

Comment

Yeah...Yanks are such a public-boner team, and fading them especcially early means $. No pitching at all this year...

Comment

like tmrw....i can get balt and bedard at +140....rasner pitching for the yanks....are you serious lol

Comment

Can't stand the Yankees. A bunch of douchebags.
                      If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
                      What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

Comment

UDog, nice formula you have there. And it seems to be working.
                        If its fun, do it

Comment

Working...
                        X