No announcement yet.

Anybody care?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dammit yo, got 2 girls myself, but even they know: sticks and stones will break your bones, (my daddy's 9mm will **** you up), but words will never hurt you!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by homedawg; 04-13-2007, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Michael Wilbon - Out of Imus's Bigotry, a Zero Tolerance for Hate - washingtonpost.com

I dont think anyone is in the right, this Imus guy OR Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

apparently he's said worse things, so to see him remorseful (almost genuinely) doesnt cut it in my book if his past comments are worse.

its great that he does so much to help others with his telethon program, but does that give him a "get out of jail" free card?

if I raise 5 million for breast cancer, but routinely insult other races publicly, does that automatically absolve me of my prejudice?

that also doesnt mean I should as Wilbon said of Cal Ripken Jr., "wield a moral compass", because I know above anyone else that I am not perfect and am more a fck-up than do-gooder, but to pretend that I am and cast the first stone would be stupid (a la Sharpton and Jackson, which I fully agree, where are they in terms of the Lacrosse Rape Case dismissal?)

either way to me, racial tension will always exist, but I truly believe its not as bad as it could be or was (back in the day before I even existed).

the internet, media, and what nots always have a way to blow it out of proportion. I agree with Wilbon's article, to fire Imus is to let him off the hook, instead of making him face ridicule, humiliation, and criticism.

and though Rutgers was the "victim" in this case, this is not unlike Coach K's American Express NCAA commercial, to me they're both free recruitment publicity overkill.
      :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
      -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by NevadaJay View Post
        Kids don't suffer from SIDS, they die from it. He is raising money for the research to prevent it and other diseases from happening to other infants and children. When's the last time either of those opportunity-seeking cum-sucking Reverends had such an impact with fundraisers for those less fortunate than themselves? I'd say never. They only appear to support very, very specific groups of people. I don't care what anyone says, they are *not* uniters, they are dividers in the most blatant way, and they are never held accountable for what they say (i.e. calling out those INNOCENT Duke lacrosse players last year...where are they now? Do you think they are going to apologize for that? No f'ing way!).

But I agree with pretty much everything else you've pointed out. This was way overblown, and all of those people Imus made didn't step forward for the guy out of fear of appearing racist.

First off I would like to say I'm glad to be back after a 2 week bout with pneumonia 1 of which I had to stay in the hospital...and 2nd I think this is total Bull**** I think those two nappy headed srry ass SOBs who have done nothing ever to help others only there selfs need to fck off ..I dont agree with what Imus said but that is what his show is if you don't like it than don't listen to it..He even went as far as to meet with the Rutgers BB team to address this does that make it ok I don't know But I do know one thng for sure....What Imus did raising money for SIDS is far more than those to nappy headed srry ass SOBs had ever done..

I know first hand what is like to lose a child to SIDS My wife and I lost our first son to SIDS and to see his wife step in and finish the telethon was very heart warming and I for one was glad to see it was something she also cared about...say what you want about Imus but what he has done to raise money for research for SIDS can never be taken away from him...Ok I'm so fckin pissed now I need to go chill for a few
        Every Bet is a good Bet win or lose you still get some action

1 unit=$100

NBA 0-0

NCAABB 0-0

NFL 0-0

NCAAFB 5-8 -8 units

Comment

Yo - It's semantics, but he called them "nappy headed hoes" not "whores". This definitely is NOT a racial issue whatsoever, it was a sexist one. Totally agree. Always agenda driven Al Sharpton, who now has a radio show against Imus, and who Imus has asked hundreds of times over the years to come on his show (but Sharpton always refused), saw this as his opportunity to railroad Imus and get him off the air by putting pressure on the corporate brass to fire him after the firestorm Sharpton helped cause - and sadly, it worked. The guy is a ******* piece of ****, and doesn't have an eighth of the humanitarianism in him that Imus has.

JML - As I'm sure you know, Stern and Imus loathe one another more than anything on Earth so I would tend to think possibly that Stern is exaggerating a bit. Also, no biggie... That's kinda funny I used "lastly" twice too, haha.

NevadaJay - I understand you can't "suffer" or "treat" SIDS, but the Imus Ranch does MANY other things to help sick children than that. Incorrect choice of words on my part, my bad. Every year, they have plenty of kids on the telethon that Imus and his wife, Deirdre (I think), essentially saved their lives via giving them access to treatments and medicine they got through him and the program they have at his ranch. What he does for families is truly phenomenal in aiding them so families don't have to take out second/third mortgages or max out credit card after credit card trying to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for the things they get.

BillyB - Great point about Duke and the "Reverends". The African American community should distance themselves from these two idiots and should have long ago, but for whatever reason, they keep allowing these two media hungry, spotlight seeking dickheads to be their figurehead, and quite frankly it's embarrassing that they are too ignorant to see that they do more harm then good.
          Last edited by CuseFan10; 04-14-2007, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Imus is just an old goat who thought he could get away with anything! Believe it or not, I agree with Yo! LOL! The race card is still an ugly bastard! I thought Imus was just keeping the flow of the conversation, riffing off his colleague, keeping the tone of the joke running as long as he could! It's like he was adopting a persona that is often used by any popular African American comedian these days....the dumb black male!

Was Imus wrong? Sure he was! He's smart enought to know better! As far as Sharpton and Jackson are concerned, they are perfect for America! This country is a breeding ground for such sensationalistic garbage! Don't blame Al and Jesse for the the life they have chosen! They are a product of America!

I know it isn't a popular opinion, but that's the way I see it!

Imus was boring anyways! LOL!
            White crushed Americans need weird energy - Robert Pollard

Comment

sorry
              Last edited by yomonte; 04-16-2007, 02:18 PM.
              If its fun, do it

Comment

sorry X2
                Last edited by yomonte; 04-16-2007, 02:18 PM.
                If its fun, do it

Comment

Working...
                X