Lottery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larry View Post
    Mega Millions is up to 370 million now. $12,000 being spent every minute on tonights drawing.
    I'm on it for about 10 bucks.

Will be suprised if I get 2 #'s.

When it gets this high wouldn't it be possible to buy every combination possible and still make a ton of money?

If they allow you to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheRaven View Post
      I'm on it for about 10 bucks.

Will be suprised if I get 2 #'s.

When it gets this high wouldn't it be possible to buy every combination possible and still make a ton of money?

If they allow you to do that.
      Yeah, but it would be impossible to get all of the cards in time.
      2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
        Lottery is a poor tax, and it makes no logical sense to play it.
        I agree, Look at the zip codes where lottery tickets are bought. The lower and working class areas of town. People in the rich areas of town don't play the stupid lottery cause they know ya don't win.

Put that 5 bucks on a ten teamer. At you can pick those losers yourself

Comment

Originally posted by BoKnows View Post
          Exactly...the only way to win is to drive to the middle of knowwhere to buy your tickets, because then the lotto gods will think that you deserve to win it...not that living in the middle of no where means one is more deserving than one who lives in the middle of somewhere, but for some reason you have a better shot pulling it off buying your tickets at the 7-11 in Huntington WV vs the 7-11 on Rodeo Drive. Either way you have a better shot at catching lightening in a bottle!:nuts:

Damn, Huntington and Rodeo Dr. used in the same sentence. I never thought I would see that.

Best ever was 4 out of 6 in the Texas lotto years ago. Paid about $75 if I remember correctly.
          "All I ask for is the opportunity to prove that money won't make me happy" ---- Unknown:booz:

Comment

For all of you guys that can play, when you win I hope you feel the love donate to those that don't have the option to play MM's (i.e. ME!!)..
            If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
            What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

Comment

wont touch the lottery... odds stacked way tooooo high against you... but the wifey plays it every frickin' week, 2,3,4 times or more.... when she wins, she gives it back for more tickets, until she loses it all... 1 way to stop,

:gulp:

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
                Lottery is a poor tax, and it makes no logical sense to play it.
                Couldn't have said it better myself.
                a.d.

2021 NHL: (through 02/24/2021)
                Sides: +17.4 units
                Totals: +0 units
                In Game (Not posted) -0.6 units
                Parlay: -1.8

All 2021 NHL:+14.9 units

Comment

Big game is/was don't know if it hit at 355,000.

Stupid ass game!

Wife plays it every time it gets big!

Forgetaboutit!!!!

BB
                  "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comment

I play the daily 3, mega millions, and the big spin (scratcher).

I'm going to spin the wheel one day, just wait...

Comment

Gotta have dreams, and if one of my dreams is to win the lottery....well you gotta play if you want to win. And those that have won wouldn't say it's a stupid, poor man's game. They'd say it's the smartest investment they ever made. But for those who don't win, yah, I'll admit, it's a sucker bet. But like I said...gotta have dreams....helps to have more than one.
                      If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
                      What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

Comment

Originally posted by NevadaJay View Post
                        And those that have won wouldn't say it's a stupid, poor man's game. They'd say it's the smartest investment they ever made.
                        Yes, they would say that.... and they would be full of ****. You can drive for 50 miles through a densly populated city at 150 miles an hour, without touching the brakes. You can somehow miraculously avoid hitting anybody, catching all the green lights with no one in your lane, and avoid getting ticketed by the police. But suceeding at that doesn't make the original decision to do it a smart decision.

Comment

Low Risk

super high reward

what makes that such a BAD DECISION ?

sure 98% of people come out losers in the end , probably even more,

but like somebody on here said

IF YOU DON'T PLAY, ya can't win ...
                          Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                          (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                          (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                          (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                          (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

DAMMIT ALL....
                            Guess somebody hit the freaking MegaMillions and it wasn't me.....sooooo, gotta be precautious today as I was so excited to do this at work today:

:boog: :ba:
                            Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Originally posted by williwonka05 View Post
                              super high reward

what makes that such a BAD DECISION ?

sure 98% of people come out losers in the end , probably even more,

but like somebody on here said

IF YOU DON'T PLAY, ya can't win ...

First of all, it's more like 99.99999999999999999999999999999999% come out losers.

Second, it's a bad decision because it's not a RISK/REWARD equation. It's a RISK x Prob of Losing/REWARD x Prob of Winning equation.

Lets put it into basic numbers. Lets say you have a 1 in 100 chance of winning a certain lottery. Each time you play you pay $1. So, mathematically speaking, on average, you would have to play 100 times to win 1 time. Thats $100. So, lets say the payout of 1 win is $75. Would you play the game? The average person would have to spend $100 to win $75 in winnings. THAT is why it is a BAD DECISION.

On a side note, how much money would you (or anyone else) have if you could have back every single dollar you have ever wasted in your life?

Comment

Originally posted by yomonte View Post
                                Don't play the lottery much. But when I heard about the biggest ever, I played two tickets. But as usual, out of the two I will hit one #

12-13-14-29-47+24
                                01-11-29-31-55+25
                                that bottom ticket looks like a NASCAR ticket if I ever saw one. What made you put Waltrip in it?
                                If it ain't fun, don't do it!

Comment

Working...
                                X