X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V3r1f13d
    replied
    Originally posted by birdsfan5 View Post
    I know a few friends that have done it and they do pretty good, but they say it takes all the fun out of gambling. I would say if you can get the time off do a test run and see how you like it. About three years ago I was thinking of doing the samething after I hit a Pick 6 in horse racing for a little over 60K. I did not want to do all the work professional gambler, so I just took 20K for my gambling bankroll and used the rest for taking my mom and dad on trips. I would say do what will make you happy.
    I tried horses once. Some drunk guy convinced me to play once. He said he worked at Santa Anita, etc. As soon as they hit the straights he goes "oh, the horse broke, we lost". What the hell, I had no clue what he was talking about. I played some more, won money not even worth mentioning. Im glad to see u cashed out though, nice...

Ya, do what makes you happy, that's true. Thanks man...

Leave a comment:

• V3r1f13d
    replied
    Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
    just for a few days?

man GL, that takes some ballz, I do applaud your sense of adventurism.

if you're skeptical or need some validation, just look at your record of betting so far, and try to compound it towards the 15k youre taking, cuz its obvious that you couldnt drop down that much at home on the internet or with a bookie.

It's not really ballzy, its just money that is sitting there collecting dust in the safety deposit box. I would never touch any bank accounts, company money, personal, the home, or any of that.

My record is solid. The problem is that I was raised by it, everyone in my family plays. They play cards though, not my thing. I grew up watching big money on card luck. The problem with locals is that they mess with you. Try to cool you off, make up rules, etc. The internet defeats the purpose, this is a cash game to me.

Leave a comment:

• Billy Barooooooo
    replied
    I have a good friend who moved out to vegas and now lives right off the strip! He is good at what he does and fires when the right game lines up! He hit a 7 teamer that paid 35K at bodog one year! I talked to him on and off and the last I heard he was burnt out and just focusing on work and investing! He has some strong system that he uses but like I said he is burnt out now!

I wish you the best of luck, but once you choose to make gambling a living it is no longer fun. It is now a job and the bottom line is you have to produce week after week and the grind will get the best of you!!!!

BB

Leave a comment:

• birdsfan5
    replied
    I know a few friends that have done it and they do pretty good, but they say it takes all the fun out of gambling. I would say if you can get the time off do a test run and see how you like it. About three years ago I was thinking of doing the samething after I hit a Pick 6 in horse racing for a little over 60K. I did not want to do all the work professional gambler, so I just took 20K for my gambling bankroll and used the rest for taking my mom and dad on trips. I would say do what will make you happy.

Leave a comment:

• Q-Unit
    replied
    just for a few days?

man GL, that takes some ballz, I do applaud your sense of adventurism.

if you're skeptical or need some validation, just look at your record of betting so far, and try to compound it towards the 15k youre taking, cuz its obvious that you couldnt drop down that much at home on the internet or with a bookie.

but yeh think of it in terms of ratio and project how you would think you would do if you DIDNT change a thing in respect to what methods you cap, the amount, etc....

its your money as I'm sure most would say, but life's short, depends on how you want to live it in that short time also :)

GL man! best wishes either way with your decision.

(btw this wasnt really advice, sorry, just something I would do myself if I grew some cahoneys also LOL)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X