Golf question!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoKnows View Post
    41....but the 3rd hole had a windmill on it and I got a double bogey, so the score should have been a lot better. GL!
    CLASSIC!

btw, my first score on 9 holes was 74. I'll never forget telling a guy that story that I shot a 74. He said "Are you a pro" I said no, and how do you figure I'm a pro? Thats over eight holes per shot! He said, "oh, I thought you meant for 18 holes!"

Ahhh golf stories. Sometime when I'm not dead tired I'll post my story about how I was on pumkin ridge course in Oregon and got stuck in the middle of a twister. It picked me up ten feet off the ground and threw me like a ragdoll. That story is for another day though, because of the particulars involved lol.
    Last edited by Kevin; 08-03-2007, 05:22 AM.

Comment

My first time on the links was a slightly different experience. My dads a golf freak so he bought me some lessons when I was 16. They were like twice a week for 6 weeks. I finished up the course and thought this sports way to easy. Upon completion of the course I went out with my pops and I tore the course up. I shot an 87. I left the course thinking **** I could've gone pro in this if I started when I was younger. I play probably once every 2 weeks now and I'm usually in the low 90's, It takes everything going perfectly for me to hit my first round score these days. I peaked my first time out lol and that was almost 14 years ago now. I did give it up during my university days and a bit after so I've been playing regularely again for the last 4 years.

Comment

First time I ever played golf I missed a hole in one on the first hole by a couple of inches....thought, this is the game for me, and immediately hacked my way around the course for 114 for 18 holes. That was nearly 10 years ago and I still struggle to get in the mid to upper 70s. Love the game though....

Here's some advice....don't call it the "driving range"....that's such a bad connotation. Hell I only hit 12-14 shots with my driver there since that's about the number of times you'll hit it in an actual round. Use it as the "practice range" and hit all your clubs.....try different shots with each, like hitting if full swing for long distance, then choke down and take 3/4, then a half swing....you'll be surprised how valuable those lessons are when you need to hit different shots. Also, don't forget the short game, short game, short game. All scoring is done from 100 yards or closer, so chip a helluva lot, in your yard into a laundry basket, then onto a towel to really hone your skills.....and don't forget to practice putting. A lesson or two wouldn't hurt either!
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Originally posted by dananderson32 View Post
          $20 is like 2-3 hours of work at your job

BLIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZARRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.. .......:beerbang:

I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Working...
          X