MLB Thurs 4/5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
    I just think Buehrle was a flash in the pan in 2005. He pretty much sucked last year, and I believe he will continue to suck in 2007. On top of it, the Tribe is the better team this year IMO.
    I am pretty content w/ Buehrle gettn knocked out of this game. He has dwindled ever since that world series year.

Comment

am I missing it, or does 5dimes not have 5 inning lines?

Comment

beancounter, if they're available you have to look at the very bottom of the page.

Comment

lesson as always, I am a moron.

thanks RJP. did you ever get that tracking software up and running you were trying to do?

Comment

Yea, I think Buehrle leaving with the injury actually hurt my chances to win the Cleveland side play, but helped cash the under, lol

I am sure I'll pay for this, but...

Nats +114

2 units

I'm not sold on the D'backs being some sort of contender this year until I see it, nor am I sold on this Gonzalez fellow just because he had a good spring, probably against players who are now either riding the pine in the majors, or in AA or AAA.

I was going to pass on this game, but the more I thought about it, I came to the conclusion that unless Webb or RJ are pitching, Arizona as a mega public chalk on the road should be an automatic fade until they prove otherwise.

We'll see how it turns out...

Comment

Stif, whereas some call it a system, I call it a trend. being a trend player has its advantages. Welcome to the dark side LOL. FWIW, I'm not a trend player :beer2: Whens the last time you heard someone called a system player LOL
              If its fun, do it

Comment

Two systems from last year that I hope work this year are - AL: teams that gets skunked, lose again, within a series (Oak-Sea). NL: Teams that get skunked in the first game of a series don't get swept (SF tonight). Make that, two trends from last year that I hope work this year.
                If its fun, do it

Comment

Well, this pretty much stinks.

The Nats outhit Arizona 11-6, yet manage to strand at least one runner in every inning but the 9th, and lose. Cleveland outhits Chicago 9-5 (was 9-3 before the last inning) and loses. SF left the bases loaded twice last night and ended up losing by 2....etc etc

Could someone I bet on drive some runs in please???

LOL
                  Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 04-05-2007, 09:24 PM.

Comment

My guess would be that you're probably a Cowboys, Redskins, Raiders, etc fan....in other words a fan of a team who spends all kinds of money to get guys who aren't even worth having anymore to try and make a run at the playoffs every season, instead of looking to the future and trying to build a long term contender.
                    LOL I take offense to that. you can obviously see (no matter what your opinion of Bill Parcells is) that he tried to rebuild this team, even if he knew he was gonna leave, I'd say (my best objectively, not as a Boys fan) that he left them in better shape than he found them. Surprisingly I think he drafted fairly well, could be better obviously but not bad at all. Some will say Ware over Merriman was a mistake, but I think both are good LBs, now you;re just dealing with one caught with roids and the other a better character player, Cowboys win there IMO, although yes TO signing though spectacular did not make sense. Any casual fan can see Parcells had nothing to do with that one and couldnt do anything about it cuz its Jones money.

So in essence only Jones and always Jones screws it up, trying to get one good year and tearing up 5 years in the process.

Hell I honestly think if Jimmy Johnson never left, the Boys would have 5 Super Bowl appearances at MINIMUM, and at least 4 SB wins, instead of their 3 that happened a LONG LONG LONG time ago, LOL.
                    :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                    -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Things are done differently with small market teams like Buffalo....and I'd say the Bills have accomplished over the last 15 years more than 75-80% of the other teams in football

Being in the FAR stronger conference in the NFL and being in the same division as the Patriots doesn't help matters either. If the Bills were in the weak ass NFC, they would have been abuout 10-6 and made the playoffs just about every one of the last few years....especially if they were in a division like the sorry ass NFC West.

Give em hell Stif :beerbang:

You said it all. All offseason moves were fine by me so far. Dockery was overpaid, but so was every other OL in the past 3 years. Grabbing a solid DT who will play 16 games (hopefully 20 LMAO!) will pay dividends. Fletcher had great numbers, but from my p.o.v. many were 6+ yds after the line. Schobel is a premier DE IMO, & we will be a young, quick team. Can't wait for the draft, definitely see a LB getting drafted.... IMO if Crowell stays healthy he will produce. I like Whitner a bunch, & we haven't seen what Youboty will do yet in the secondary.... Don't even get me going on the offense

The Losman-------> Evans connection
                      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

agree...patrick willis in the middle of our d....... that would be a upgrage IMO....bring players who want to play in buffalo, not bums who wanna go around, knock girls up, and the complain becasue theres nothing to do...the bastard was prolly babysitting his kids, so he had nothing to do...ohh wait, no, he didnt pay his child support....good thing we got rid of that cancerous piece of ****.....bills are doing good things.....remeber lee evans and JP against the texans last year....more of this to come....hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by vazman05 View Post
                          gl today stif! you see that michael turner is suppose to visit the bills?? i dont know about the bills giving up a 1st and 3rd for a rb when they have a bunch of holes on D
                          I heard that because of the weather he didn't catch the flight. I am totally against giving a 1st rounder for any rb & would be shocked to see that happen....
                          Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

agree...doubt it happens....

Comment

Originally posted by Newk04 View Post
                              Buffalo may be the worst franchise in the nfl, at least cleveland sells out every week.

Please..There is no way Buff is the worst franchise..The Lions clearly have worked the hardest at becomming the worst franchise in the NFL so please do not short them of that..:nuts:

Comment

Working...
                              X