No announcement yet.

Dale Earnhardt Jr Leaves DEI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How come in NASCAR the owners of the cars control what numbers the drivers "wear"? For example, the Hendricks cars are 5, 24, 48 and whatever # Casey Mears is (I have no clue).

Why isn't Earnhardt Jr #8 no matter who he drives for?

Seems to me in a world wear individuals are referred to as numbers (the 48 car, the 24 car, blah blah blah) that is would behoove NASCAR to let the drivers keep their numbers, no? Especially when they can change sponsors at the drop of a hat.

Thanks!

Comment

Cuse, the owners don't control what # the driver wears. Each team has team #'s i e Hendrick has the 5 24 25 and the 48. And probably another somewhere. Childress has a few and is why when SR died, he had another # to give Harvick instead of the #3 along with the 31. JR is in the 25 because that used to be the Bud car at one time and is a Hendricks #. He is replacing Kyle who drove the #5, but will be driving the old Bud car #25. Too many teams with too many #'s is why you see the #1 and the #01. I venture to say each team has enough #'s to carry the alotted # of cars a team can own. I think they are dropping the # of cars a team can have or will in the near future, but don't quote me on that. If Gordon was to leave Hendricks, he won't be in the 24, thats a Hendricks #.
      If its fun, do it

Comment

Queen, does this mean JR will be a bigger cheater than he was. Rick is the biggest cheater in Nascar or so I heard LOL. Who loves ya baby
        If its fun, do it

Comment

Snow Is A Jr Fan, Snow Is A Jr Fan, Snow Is A Jr Fan, Snow Is A Jr Fan, Snow Is A Jr Fan, Snow Is A Jr Fan, Snow Is A Jr Fan, Snow Is A Jr Fan,
          If its fun, do it

Comment

Originally posted by yomonte View Post
            Queen, does this mean JR will be a bigger cheater than he was. Rick is the biggest cheater in Nascar or so I heard LOL. Who loves ya baby
            Just goes to show you was right all along YO. JR's gay and going to Hendrick's Racing proves it. LOL

I knew Snowman was a closet JR fan.:wave: :cheer: :victory: :drive: :8:
            NFL 2-0. Week 1
            Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

god bless junior

Comment

Originally posted by snowman View Post
                god bless junior

Week kneed, yellowbellied, chicken livered turncoat

LOL:beer2:
                If its fun, do it

Comment

Thanks yo. I don't know anything about NASCAR except the make a lot of left turns and always wondered how the numbers were done.

Comment

Working...
                  X