This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
    You are pretty ignorant. READ UDOGG'S POST. No player on the Heat averaged more than 10.9ppg. There's a pretty big difference between having a legit 3rd option on offense (and Top 30 scorer in the entire league) and not having one. The fact that wrote this post proves you ahve no idea what you are talking about, since a guy already disputed your point before you even made it.

You obviously don't think Ricky Davis is a good NBA player and you are obviously not too knowledgeable for thinking that.
    Ricky Davis averaged 17 ppg last year because he was the second option on the team behind Garnett. Now he is the third option on this team and if he isnt getting his shots, he will complain.

He will cause problems inside the locker room and on the court. He will try to take shots away from DWade and even though he might average 7 more ppg than the third scorer did last year, it doesnt mean it will help the team out.

He is not a factor on whether or not the Heat win the East and if you believe that, I really think you dont know anything.

And he is not a top 30 scorer in the NBA.
    NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
    NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
    NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
    NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

all the problems i've heard about ricky davis came out of Boston, and Cleveland. not many "enforcers" on those team.

I can't honestly say that I've heard a peep out of him in Minnesota with Garnett because

a) Minnesota is not a big market

b) its freaking Kevin effing Garnett, think he's gonna allow that.

as for Miami, you have Zo, Shaq and Wade, it'd be hard to start shyt.

you could argue Shaq had problems with Kobe, but Ricky Davis is NOT Kobe, the best player in the league, and a superstar, he is just Ricky Davis, someone who just scores.

thats all they need, they are right, with an anemic Heat team that made the playoffs, who else besides Wade can score on that team right now?

Shaq's in obvious decline, and even with a healthy wade, and assuming he takes 30 shots a game, you're gonna tell me theres not enough shots for Davis to take?

and I know history tends to repeat itself in the form of selfish immature athletes, but who are we to just blatantly declare they are forever an *******? do we personally know them? or the situation? I mean I just contradicted myself assuming Garnett kept him in line and assuming Shaq or Wade could. Like they care as long as they win. Shaq probably wanted to shove a pole up Kobe's butt for all we know but they were OK when they were winning championships but as soon as they stopped winning Finals, the tension broke.

what if Ricky Davis decides to grow the fck up one day, or what if Pat Hannibal Lecter Riley beats the shyt out of him and keeps him in line?

who knows? all I know is, Davis add scoring to a team that only had Jason Williams, Kapono, Haslem, Posey as their other scoring options?!?

say he doesnt meet his 17 ppg from last year, you're gonna tell me 13-15 per isnt gonna help?

just my opinion. :thumbs:
      Last edited by Q-Unit; 10-25-2007, 07:10 PM.
      :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
      -Big Pimpin-

Comment

All I am saying is Ricky Davis doesnt make the Heat a "force" in the East. That is a pretty stupid thing to say IMO.

So lets say if Shaq and Wade have very good years and Davis averages 15-17ppg...Are people going to say well the difference between this team was Ricky Davis? Hell no. Cuse might say that but no one else.

Ricky Davis wont make the difference whether this team is eliminated in the first or second round of the playoffs.

So he adds a couple more ppg...So what...Alot of teams added that, doesnt mean they will be a force.

I guess we will see what be brings to the team. My guess is it will be like his whole career, he doesnt make the difference between winning and losing.

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
          All I am saying is Ricky Davis doesnt make the Heat a "force" in the East. That is a pretty stupid thing to say IMO..

Not singling you out, but keep in mind everybody is entitled to an opinion and that's what makes forum arguments so great.

Again, not singling you out, cause many are guilty including myself of using the wrong words or better yet "coming across the wrong way" at times. In a perfect world, I wish people would say "I respectfully disagree"

I aint into censorship much and nobody here wants to tell people what they can and can't say, but as forum mods we have to hop in convos like this every now and then and remind guys that we actually get emails from guys saying they lurk but dont post. We ask why and often times to our surprise, people are afraid that others will **** on their thoughts/opinions if they dole out a loser or aren't as astute on a subject as some others here.

Let's all remember that we're on the same team here and it's the bookie that is stupid ;)

Good luck in hoops this year ya'll.
          Last edited by Kevin; 10-26-2007, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Again, you fail to ever answer the questions people ask when disputing your arguments. What team is so much better than the Heat that you don't consider them a team tha tcan win the East?

Ricky Davis finished 37th in the NBA in scoring last year and even higher the two years before. Now, he has Wade and Shaq to draw defenses away from him and should get plenty of looks. You act like the 3rd scorer on an NBA team doesn't get plenty of shots. His shots won't go down at all. Shaq doesn't play huge minutes and Haslem is not a scorer so someone other than Wade has to shoot the ball.

Anyway, we disagree and that's fine... As Kev said - it's part of the beauty of the forum. You will realize you are wrong eventually (as usual).

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
              You will realize you are wrong eventually (as usual).

:laughing:

Comment

Working...
              X