• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***UDoggie's Postseason Plays/Discussion***

Final regular season record....

NBA 276-217-16 +$10,468

ML PLays 41-79-1 +$257

Decent regular season, setting a goal of 25 units for the postseason. Was going to make some series plays, but outside the Heat IMO there isn't a line with enough value worth playing alone, so I parlayed my top 5....

Rockets-240
    Spurs-570
    Suns-900
    Dallas-1100
    Cavs-1300

$400 to win $469

Heat to win series vs Bulls +120

3 units

Cavs to win Championship+2000

1 unit

The parlay is pretty self explanatory, I really can't see any of these teams tanking 1st round....I guess the Jazz have the best chance, but they have been in unimpressive for a couple months now, can't see them stopping Yao down low... Tracy in top form, I can't see this going more than 6.

The Heat have to be dogs based on seeding, but the future odds say it all.... Heat to win Championship+1300, while Bulls are +2000. IMO the Heat are the only dogs that will win the series round 1. 7 game series with Shaq/Wade @ + money? Count me in.

As for the Cavs future, this is a play on LeBron. Poster boy for the NBA, I expect him to get the calls ( a la Wade last year) & based on how weak the East is, I think there is tremendous value in +2000. IMO it will either be them, the Heat or Pistons in the Finals.... If anything there will certainly be some solid hedge opportunities with this one. As far as the West futures to win it all....

Mavs+185

Suns+400

Spurs+450

I have to throw out the Mavs, simply because at less than 2 to 1 it's just not worth it.... IMO they are the best team, but vs either of the other teams a 7 game series is not out of the question.... still deciding if I will play a future on the West.

Mavericks-10

3 units

I will have a bit more on this play later, but I expect a lot of love for the Warriors catching so many pts, & Dallas should blow them out.... Opening lines just came out, so I'll be back with more thoughts.....Happy Hunting
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

All plays made @ 5Dimes, in case anyone is wondering... Dallas series must have got hammered, as it's now sitting at -1600!

Comment

U doggie keep nailin em buddy

Good Luck dude :glass:
      Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
      (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
      (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
      (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
      (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Thanks Willi- good to see you around :thumbs:

Cavs to win Championship is now down to +1700, while Heat series price is +125. I honestly think there is no way the Bulls beat the Heat. POY material, I don't normally say that, but the Bulls have no scoring prescence underneath & that will kill them. Forget what you have seen from the Heat lately, this is the playoffs! IMO it could go the distance, but the Heat win. There should be decent value playing unders for the series as well...

Comment

Good Luck U-Dog, Lakers somehow pull off a first round win and advance.

Comment

GL w/your plays UDogg, except your pick against my Bulls.
            I will say that it should be a pretty even series but I don't see how you can think the Bulls can't win. They kick ass at home (31-10, including only 3 or 4 losses to the East), have beaten the Heat 3 of 4 this year (both home games were W's), will want revenge for last year's series after giving them all they could handle and more, and hating James Posey for being a lil ****** w/his flagrant fouls against 3 different Bulls, among other things.
            Shaq is never far off from another reaggrevation of his aging body and Wade IMO can't be labeled as 100% as he is coming off a serious injury.
            You say the Bulls don't have an inside presence but I think Tyrus, PJ, and Big Ben can do enough (plus other bigs off the bench) to do enough to neutralize Shaq, if not get him into foul trouble. The Heat don't have have the outside shooting to keep up w/the Bulls, esp. w/Nocioni back now.
            Obviously these things aren't going to change your mind, but just thought I'd throw them out there for anyone else to see. Thanks.
            GL again UDogg - you'll nail the bookies! :thumbs:

Moose
            Moose

"Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" - Jimmy V

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch Goose View Post
              Good Luck U-Dog, Lakers somehow pull off a first round win and advance.
              Amare Stoudemire will give the Lakers nightmares inside. He and Kurt Thomas will make a huge difference from last year. Also Smush and Kwame are even worse this year than last year. Lakers 12-16 since the All Star break. Suns don't want this game to go more games than necessary I wouldn't be surprised if the Suns sweep it. At best Lakers will win one game like they did this season as the Suns won the season series 3-1.
              “So back during college basketball season my buddy Shecky tells me he’s got this system. He says it’s an absolute lock when you have this combination: Big East team, on the road, given less than 6 points with a white point guard.” ---Artie Lange in Beer League

Comment

I don't think the Bulls will need much scoring presence down low with all the great shooters they got. It should be a good series with Chicago having homecourt and I'd stay away at -110, but at +125 I'll take my chances with the Heat for sure! Shaq don't mess around in the playoffs. I feel good about it and got 5 units on it myself. Lets hit it! :beerbang:

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                Thanks Willi- good to see you around :thumbs:

Cavs to win Championship is now down to +1700, while Heat series price is +125. I honestly think there is no way the Bulls beat the Heat. POY material, I don't normally say that, but the Bulls have no scoring prescence underneath & that will kill them. Forget what you have seen from the Heat lately, this is the playoffs! IMO it could go the distance, but the Heat win. There should be decent value playing unders for the series as well...

Comment

Heat

People, for some reason, constantly underestimate the dominance that Shaq has over regular bigs in the NBA. And conveniently for Miami bettors, they forget about the greatness of Mourning.Having one Hall of Fame center is great:having two on one team is incredible.GL UDoggie.
                  Red ink is thicker than blood.

Comment

Mavericks-10

3 units

I will have a bit more on this play later, but I expect a lot of love for the Warriors catching so many pts, & Dallas should blow them out...
                    Leaning towards this play too but going to wait until it maybe goes under DDs.
                    And way to be modest, "decent", lol....excellent job this season bro :thumbs:
                    GL this weekend!

Comment

Thanks guys...:thumbs:

Dutch Goose If you really thought that, you wouldn't have typed somehow you homer LoL! J/K I think it will be a good series & certainly wouldn't lay 10.5 in game 1.... I would think there will be some tight games in this series, & Phil will certainly have a decent gameplan- I just don't think the LakeShow has enough to beat the Suns. I agree with Blazer Andy- Amare will eat the Lakers alive underneath. The Lakers have been a great fade for the last couple weeks, IMO they were playing better last year. I expect some close games with Kobe dropping 40 & losing....

Moose Honestly I don't put too much stock in regular season history... true both home games for the Bulls were wins, but one was without both Wade & Shaq, & the other was without Shaq. Like I said the Heat are a different animal in the postseason... Shaq & Zo underneath vs. Big Ben/PJ? I will take the Heat every time.... I would kill to see Tyrus Thomas try to get in front of Shaq in the post. I would agree completely that the Bulls have better perimeter shooting, but I can see them getting into trouble by settling for jumpers... I'm not saying the Bulls get swept- I could see this one going the distance, but IMO there's just too big of a mismatch in the paint for me not to love the Heat.

Blazers Andy Great points, I agree with pretty much everything you said... I don't know if the Suns sweep, but I can't see them losing that series....

GKL68 You need an inside presence to win in the playoffs- just look at who goes to the finals each year...

Horatio Exactly! Good to see you posting....

Whitey Looks like i jumped the gun as it's now at 9.5, but I honestly think it will be a 14+ win so not too beat up about it.... I say decent just because I dropped the ball a bit with ML Plays. Hopefully we can all biuld on our bankrolls in the playoffs :glass:

Comment

GL underdog :beerbang:
                        :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                        -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Dutch Goose If you really thought that, you wouldn't have typed somehow you homer LoL! J/K I think it will be a good series & certainly wouldn't lay 10.5 in game 1.... I would think there will be some tight games in this series, & Phil will certainly have a decent gameplan- I just don't think the LakeShow has enough to beat the Suns. I agree with Blazer Andy- Amare will eat the Lakers alive underneath. The Lakers have been a great fade for the last couple weeks, IMO they were playing better last year. I expect some close games with Kobe dropping 40 & losing....
                          lol, yea I know I'm dreaming but can't help to be excited about Kobe getting a rematch against that little pussy Raja. I'll give BlazerAndy credit....Kwame and Smush are just about the worst 2 players in the NBA and somehow Kobe still got them into the playoffs w/ Luke and Odom injured most of the year. Well now that everyone is healthy and Phil has Farmar starting at the point, the Suns will have their hands full and homer aside....the Lakers will not get swept, I repeat WILL NOT get swept. Should be a fun playoffs to capppp!

Comment

Thanks Q-Unit...

Yeah Dutch, I don't think they get swept either, Kobe simply won't let that happen....

Suns/Lakers u213.5-105

2 units

Heat+4-105

2 units

Raptors-195
                            Heat+160
                            Pistons-440
                            Spurs-425
                            Mavs-700

$50 to win $290

Phil will slow things down as much as he can.... remember last year? That's the only way the LakeShow will have a chance vs the Suns. Scary considering how many points the Lakers have been giving up, but IMO this one barely gets over 200......

Comment

I thought the same thing and took LAL/PHO under for 4.5 units last night. It took them to game 7 last yr... why change plans now. Great to see you on it as well.

Phil will slow things down as much as he can.... remember last year? That's the only way the LakeShow will have a chance vs the Suns. Scary considering how many points the Lakers have been giving up, but IMO this one barely gets over 200......

Comment

Working...
                              X