• On The June 2010 WNBA Hardwood

Tuesday:

Phoenix -4.5 -105
    o182.5 Phoenix-Minnesota -105

Seattle -3 -105
    o161 Atlanta-Seattle -107

=====

Season:

67-45-04 60% +2937 (Based on to win $100 per play)

Seattle -2.5 1st H -106

o79.5 Atlanta-Seattle 1st H

Seattle -1 1st Q

o39.5 Atlanta-Seattle 1st Q -113

Comment

06/01/10 Recap:

04-04-00 50% -33 (Based on to win $100 per play)

Small loss record wise but a profitable day as my main Storm plays were easy wins. I did not get to catch the Phoenix game so I can't talk about how it played out. I can't say I am surprised they lost. Not because I felt they were inferior but knowing their tendencies. Phoenix - the # was the right play on paper but I can't say I was not worried. The line seemed small & honestly they are good for a couple of head scratching losses a season. The thing is sometimes you never see them coming. I did not go heavy on that game & thankfully so.

The Storm game played out like I thought it would. As I mentioned a few days ago, I was looking forward to favorable lines on the last 2 Dream road games. LA got the job done for the 1st H & failed in the second. When that happened, it was obvious to me that the Storm would finish the job. My only concern was the total as I wondered if the Dream would contribute enough as it was their 3rd game in 5 days, just a bad spot for them. They barely did as the total squeaked by although the close call was due to the horrible 9 point 1st Q.

====

Season:

71-49-04 59% +2904 (Based on to win $100 per play)

Breakdown:

May: 67-45-04 60% +2937

June: 04-04-00 50% -33

Comment

San Antonio +6 -105

o145 San Antonio-Indiana -105

San Antonio +235

San Antonio +3 1st H -103

o70.5 San Antonio-Indiana 1st H -103

San Antonio +168 1st H

San Antonio +130 1st Q

o35.5 San Antonio-Indiana 1st Q -106

===========

Thursday:

Chicago +6.5 -105

New York +4.5 +100
        o154.5 New York-Connecticut -105

Minnesota +3.5 -109

u178 Los Angeles-Phoenix -106

Comment

Thursday:

Chicago +259

New York +193

Minnesota +145

Comment

San Antonio -1 2nd H +104

o73 San Antonio-Indiana 2nd H

I sure as hell did not know about Becky not dressing up. Regardless of that, what a pitiful performance out of the gate after getting smoked by the Storm. They have a veteran filled squad who should put up a better fight in the 2nd H. Plus the Fever have yet to show a finishing punch all season so I doubt this game gets seriously out of hand for the Silver Stars. A cheap yet somewhat shady # but I like my chances. The over is a bit dangerous but I don't see both teams continuing to be this cold for the whole game.

Comment

06/03/10 Recap:

01-09-00 -10% -822 (Based on to win $100 per play)

Wow what a disaster & a disgusting performance by the Silver Stars. They have severely underachieved this season. You want to give them the benefit of the doubt with needing chemistry with Holdsclaw coming aboard.

However to get punked out by the Storm & then follow it up with another punk out is disturbing even if they did not have one of their stars or head coach. I mean one of the assistant coaches is your former coach & current GM, wtf! No fight in the 2nd H was a bit concerning. I will be curious as to line on the rematch between these two, I will leave it at that.

====

Season:

72-58-04 55% +2082 (Based on to win $100 per play)

Breakdown:

June: 05-13-00 28% -855

Comment

Chicago +3.5 1st H -105
                Chicago +175 1st H
                Chicago +2.5 1st Q
                Chicago +150 1st Q

New York +3 1st H -115
                New York +159 1st H
                New York +133 1st Q
                o37 New York-Connecticut 1st Q -107

Minnesota +106 1st Q
                Minnesota +105 1st Q

u86 Los Angeles-Phoenix 1st H
                Phoenix -1 1st Q -113

-----------

Saturday:

New York +6.5 -104
                New York +259

Washington -2 +102 (PDC)

u158.5 Tulsa-Chicago -105

Seattle -3 -109

Comment

Chicago +6 2nd H +106

Chicago +250 2nd H

Comment

New York +2 2nd H -109

o77.5 New York-Connecticut 2nd H

New York +125 2nd H

Comment

Minnesota -1.5 2nd H

u86 Minnesota-Tulsa 2nd H -105

Comment

Phoenix -4.5 2nd H

Comment

06/03/10 Recap:

13-14-01 48% +311 (Based on to win $100 per play)

A better night & profit overall for the record & personally a really strong night. The Sky plays were huge for me & pretty much assured what kind of night I would have irrelevant of the others.

I am not happy with the tough beat on the under in the Sparks-Mercury game. The same could be said for that Mercury 2nd H line.

Atlanta is coming down to earth which comes as no surprise to me. I was never sold on that team as much as some in the league have been saying. They are not the best team in their conference much less the league. At the end of the season, I am pretty sure the Liberty & Sun will be ahead of them. The Sky is looking extremely dangerous as their defense is tough as always but they actually have legitimate scoring from all 5 positions, something they were not known for having.

The Liberty are strongly underachieving but I think part of it is chemistry as they have new pieces in place. It will take a bit for Cappie I think as she is coming from a run & gun style to a more deliberate one with Anne Donovan at the helm. By the midway point, I think they will be clicking on all cylinders.

Wow Minnesota, they might be the biggest tease of all. When they are on, they can do damage even while being shorthanded. They showed that with Wiggins coming back although she clearly is not in basketball shape. However when they are bad, they are flat out bad. The sad part is that it is not from a lack of talent. This Lynx team has me scratching my head & that is the only team I can say that for.

I will tell you right now, if the Sparks don't find balance scoring, they will not do jack **** this season much less make any sort of playoff or championship run. First off don't believe anyone who tells you the West was down to them & Phoenix. Anyone with a clue knows that the West will be between Phoenix & Seattle.

The Storm have the best player in the world bar none in Lauren Jackson. They have not advanced out of the first round in the last few years due to her missing the playoffs. If she is healthy, this team is the best in the league period! If anyone throws up futures like they did in the past, I won't hesitate to go all in on them if the price is right. I caught them at 8-1 in the year they won it when I publicly posted that they were the best team in the league & practically guaranteed they would win the title.

Back to the Sparks, they are relying on CP23 way too much! Tonight they got scoring from D-Nasty who threw in 20 but where the hell was B-Money, Tina Thompson? If they played to their talent, they would do damage but as has been the case the last few years they don't. I think the biggest problem is they might have too much talent for their own good, a problem I feel plagued the Liberty the last few years. You only have 1 ball & only so many people can get their points. Look at their roster & see what I mean:

Parker = Scorer

Lennox = Scorer

Thompson = Scorer

Milton Jones = Scorer

Throw in Toliver who imho has not had the chance to show how deadly she is as she is a scorer. Don't forget Riley who throughout her college career was a scorer. You have a team with 6 legitimate scoring threats & who could lead the team in scoring if they were the main go to player. That might be too much.

The only player on that team not known for having a scoring prowess is Penicheiro who is one of all time great PG's in the league. However with the guard situation, you have 3 who need to play that role, her, Toliver, & Quinn. Either this team is going to explode or implode. I am thinking it is the latter as they have too much talent for their own good & a suspect head coach in my opinion.

In the West you can't afford to get too far behind. The West is stacked, & that is scary considering the better teams like the Mercury, Silver Stars, & Sparks have not played up to par.

====

Season:

85-72-05 54% +2393 (Based on to win $100 per play)

Breakdown:

June: 18-27-01 40% -544

Comment

New York +6 -108
                            o148.5 New York-Chicago -106
                            New York +230
                            New York +3 1st H -104
                            New York +166 1st H
                            New York +137 1st Q

Phoenix +3.5 -105
                            u178.5 Phoenix-Los Angeles -104