This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop!

Why are you guys wasting your money on the Jazz, there is no way in hell they are going to beat the spurs in a series. Dont compare what happened to dallas because dallas never played well against Golden State going back to the regular season. Golden State had way better matchups. Spurs play too efficiently and they will handle the Jazz 5 or 6. Jazz might steal game one because they had more time to rest and prepare but after that its lights out, No doubt...Save your money its Spurs/Pistons final and that I dont know who will win I like the Pistons

Originally posted by Thenextworldc View Post
    Why are you guys wasting your money on the Jazz, there is no way in hell they are going to beat the spurs in a series. Dont compare what happened to dallas because dallas never played well against Golden State going back to the regular season. Golden State had way better matchups. Spurs play too efficiently and they will handle the Jazz 5 or 6. Jazz might steal game one because they had more time to rest and prepare but after that its lights out, No doubt...Save your money its Spurs/Pistons final and that I dont know who will win I like the Pistons
    to quote al michaels....."do you believe in miracles.........yes".........theres a reason they play the games bro.......anything can happen......and if the the jazz win this series this might come back to haunt you....i dont think they will.....but you never know
    ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
    NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
    MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
    CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

note

The point in betting is to get information or have a reason why you think something will happen, why waste your money or risk it on something that isnt likely to happen. The Jazz have no chance they played a garbage houston team and then played Golden State who in my mind even though only won one game they had a chance to win every game just couldnt close it out. The Spurs played a star powered Denver team which at the time was on a roll and handled them easily, then dispatched the Suns in 6, come on what information leads any of you to believe the Jazz will beat the spurs. Betting doesnt mean risking wild bets with no basis or reason for your decision. Let me ask you something what position does utah have that they can exploit against the Spurs..ummmm..............none. Tim Duncan is key no body is stopping that guy and he does it on both ends of the floor, and if the spurs can get half of what Ginoboli did against the suns then this might be a sweep or 5.

Comment

I heard this said dozens of times at the old forum when Detroit beat this piss out of the mighty and unstoppable Lakers in the finals a few years back...

As a matter of fact, I heard it said just as many times last year how Miami sucked and had no shot at beating Dallas in the finals...

Comment

Oh yea, sucky St Louis had no chance of beating Detroit in the World Series last year either.

It happens more often than people think, or the odds would suggest.....

Comment

Never

For the people who know basketball the lakers/Pistons series. The lakers werent mighty at all as a matter of fact that year i put a bet on pistons series prices in 5, 6 and 7 I won 245 dollars off that. The pistons that year was way better they matched up better in every position. Like I said previous betting is about making reasonable bet on information, nobody can give me a reason why the Jazz can win, what do they do so well that will affect the spurs. You giving these few examples in history okay how often does that happn. Go ahead and give your money away betting on the Jazz, no way the Jazz wins a 7 game series. Especially with game 7 being in San Antonio, I think you have the spurs mixed up with Houston, big Veteran difference

Comment

you are a pecker..........

NFL: 14-12 (+7.75)

CBB: 07-08: 54-43(+11.25) RD 3-1

Comment

i don't follow NBA, and haven't for a couple years but i will toss in my 2 cents. i think Utah has a great chance. Stockton should give the spurs backcourt fits and i think that if malone can win the rebounding edge they can win this series.
                I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                  i don't follow NBA, and haven't for a couple years but i will toss in my 2 cents. i think Utah has a great chance. Stockton should give the spurs backcourt fits and i think that if malone can win the rebounding edge they can win this series.

totally agree, greg ostertag can dominate timmy....byron russel is a sharpshooter too.....jazz have so much depth, Olden Polynice, Howard Eisley, Jeff Hornacek, Tom Gugliotta, Tony Massenburg....david robinson and co. maybe in some trouble, :beerbang: :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                    I heard this said dozens of times at the old forum when Detroit beat this piss out of the mighty and unstoppable Lakers in the finals a few years back
                    lmao....were you posting there back in '89???....:beerbang:

Comment

whats the point? u know mj and the bulls are gonna win it all :beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by vazman05 View Post
                        totally agree, greg ostertag can dominate timmy....byron russel is a sharpshooter too.....jazz have so much depth, Olden Polynice, Howard Eisley, Jeff Hornacek, Tom Gugliotta, Tony Massenburg....david robinson and co. maybe in some trouble, :beerbang: :beerbang:
                        quit stealing my thunder.........:bang: :bang:

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                          quit stealing my thunder.........:bang: :bang:
                          stockton and the short shorts will be a distraction for sure....

Comment

I have $0 (ZERO) dollars on Utah to win anything, so lets set that straight right off the bat.

FF - The Pistons "upset" of LAL was just 3 seasons ago, not in 89.....and all I saw from those were posting at that time (before the series started) was how Shaq and Kobe would dominate.

In any case, that was a single example, and it's easy to pick one out where it is obvious as to why the "upset" happened after the fact....but the truth remains that alot of people lost money on LAL series bets in that finals from what I remember, including the almighty warlord of sports betting, 4-LOSW, lol.

I, however, pointed out reason after reason why Miami had a great shot to win the finals last year, and it did nothing but fall on deaf ears, and people continued to throw their money down on Dallas.

I would also like to point out that there is so much more to handicapping than looking at what the matchups say on paper. Yes, the Spurs appear to have experience and physical advantages, but the Jazz look hungry as hell, and they've grown up a ton in the playoffs. AK-47 and Carlos Loozer are playing like madmen, and they have the 3 point threat in Okur as well. Bruce Bowen can only shut down one guy, and the Jazz are scoring from everywhere.

Hell, without the suspensions, the Suns may have taken game 5 and a potential game 7, and we wouldn't even be having this discussion....but that's a whole different story.

Utah is a very good defensive team as well, and the points shouldn't come as easily against them as they did against PHX and Denver, who have no concept of defense other than trying to steal the ball, and ending up either committing a foul or being beaten for easy layups.

I'm not going to say they will win, but to think they have no chance to even compete is completely idiotic, and that was my only point.....and, suggesting that no none here knows anything about basketball, other than yourself apparently, is equally rediculous, and these types of posts really have no use for this forum.

So if i recall correctly, you have said that "Duncan is the key and the Spurs have the veteran advantage, and that you're hoping Ginobili can do half of what he did against the Suns". That is HARDLY any type of solid reasoning why Utah has absolutely no chance, yet you are coming down on everyone else who has Utah for "taking a wild stab". I don't understand this.

Point being, you are entitled to your opinion, but it's in the way you presented it that is not acceptable. I mean why is it that those who like the Jazz to win aren't entitled to their opinion, or that their opinion holds any less weight than yours?

We just don't treat people that way here.

BTW, I guess you're saying the Spurs to win the series is a L*CK?

I think I will just close this thread. It's not going to go anywhere anyway.

Comment

Working...
                            X