No announcement yet.

NBA Finals Thread/Discussions/Shyt Talking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very well said, RahStahMan.....you summed it up perfectly...

"You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Great post Rah, hope you can absorb that Pimp- It's definitely ok to have a different opinion on games, but this forum is all about respect, & there's a way to disagree respectfully... Kevin has worked very hard to keep this forum free of bull****, & in turn we all benefit from it. Thing is, most long standing members here are able to contribute constructively to this forum... Wonkaford is a great asset to this forum, you'll see when NCAA comes around. Nigel's insight is invaluable, especially with Xavier/ Bengals games...(though he needs to be around more LoL). Rah is the king of half bets & sticky green. FlyersFan, JoePa, Stifler's Mom many others are solid as they come- when NFL comes around, this forum will be teeming with great discussions/info. If you chill out, I'm sure you can learn a lot from everyone here :thumbs:

Now let's get back to the game discussion with a bit less shyt talking LoL

Originally posted by RahStahMan View Post
      I'm not sure a ML play is the way to go but I do like the 7.5. I'm hoping it gets to 8. :thumbs:
      How about that 177 total. Man I hope the game doesnt play as ugly as that sounds.

Cleveland could make this game a lot closer, but i'm a bit hesitant to pull the trigger with the public jumping on them. The Spurs were in control game 1, though it got close a couple of times, there was little doubt they would win from the opening tip. Of course it's all about adjustments, so we'll see how the Cavs adjust...

Yes LeBron shot poorly game 1, but it wasn't like Bowen was locking him down. Most times he shook Bowen off & then the double teams came. He needs his team to help him out. Z was a non-factor the whole game 1-8 from the field, 2 pts 5 boards. Gooden (although he had 14 pts) was garbage defensively & had some prettty boneheaded plays. Gibson was the bright spot, scoring 16 in 28 minutes.... Boobie & Sasha were the only 2 taking it to the hole aggressively. IMO everyone needs to attack for the Cavs to win. LeBron's shots will start falling....stopping the Spurs from scoring is another problem.

Seems as if LeBron slowed Parker down the most, I'm thinking he'll be on him all game this time. Parker's ability to penetrate/dish for open looks will have the Cavs on their heels all series long. That's to be expected, but the Cavs need to win the rebound battle if they want the win. Too many times the Cavs had a solid defensive series, the Spurs missed with 2 on the shot clock, but grabbed the rebound, reset & scored. A team this good won't lose if they get that many 2nd chances.

As far as the total, I don't see a reason for backing the over at all. If the game is closer this time, IMO it will be even lower scoring, as the Cavs will have to take away the 2nd chances. The Spurs shot 45.3%, & the Cavs 43%. The pace was deliberate, why would it change? I don't think the Spurs will look to deviate much from what they did game 1. I'm sure people will point to James lack of scoring & think a better performance could warrant an over tonight but the way I see it, backing the over would mean hoping both teams shoot off the charts. points will be at a premium all series long IMO. I'll likely be on 1sth, game & team unders. Seemingly even split on total, yet it's been dropping since it opened :thumbs:
      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

....looking into a couple prop plays as well.

Gibson pts over- was set at 8 for game 1, which he doubled. Hard to envision him only playing 28 minutes again- if it's set around 13.5 or less, I'll be looking to play it. 7-9 from the field, 2-3 from 3 pt land, & although he didn't get to the line, he's shooting 89% ft in the playoffs. His confidence has me really high on him.

LeBron A&R over- Was set at 15 last game & he only had 7 rebounds/4 assists. IMO he'll be able get over that number tonight- the doubles won't stop, so he'll be forced to create. I also think the Cavs will step it up on the boards tonight....

Waitin for the props to come out, as there could be some value hidden there....

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
          Rah is the king of half bets & sticky green.
          :beerbang: to sticky GREEN

I like the under again...1st game each team was shooting the ball with 5 seconds left on the clock.And Pop was yelling for the spurs to slow it down halfway thru 1stQ.
          Only thing is the o/u just slipped down to 176 1/2.....and I was hoping for 178 or better....
          might have to take it if it goes back up to 177.

goodluck everyone!

Comment

Thing is, most long standing members here are able to contribute constructively to this forum... Wonkaford is a great asset to this forum, you'll see when NCAA comes around. Nigel's insight is invaluable, especially with Xavier/ Bengals games...(though he needs to be around more LoL). Rah is the king of half bets & sticky green. FlyersFan, JoePa, Stifler's Mom many others are solid as they come-
            my own thread and you leave me out, damn you Underdog LOL.

when I included discussion and shyt talking in my title, I meant that as friendly banter on who would win, hoping to draw out some Cavalier fans ...but then I forgot that my small market team is not aesthetically enticing as say the Lakers, and Knicks, and that though I hope the rest of the series isnt as low scoring, bad offenses; the ratings for the first game explains it all. No one is watching unless they have money on it or want to see Eva Longoria on camera LOL.

GL guys!
            :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
            -Big Pimpin-

Comment

they always say the biggest adjustments are made from game 1 to game 2....

so two adjustments that would make me think this will go over, at least on the Cav's part:

Gibson plays more. This happened towards the last half of the Detroit series when this guy got to play more and actually helped the Cavs out, as Detroit sucked offensively and so did the Cavs, only the Cavs knew they had to try to get to lower 90s to beat the Pistons. Hughes is no help right now, and no matter if he says his foot feels a lot better, Brown needs to quit being stubborn and change the lineup.

I notice the Cavs particularly held the ball longer, taking nearly all of the shot clock, and while both teams only took 70 shots apiece, they shot a pretty decent %, which leads me to believe not lack of offensive quality, but lack of attempts, and lack of aggressiveness in getting to the line.

so for the over to hit, Lebron would expectedly will be more aggressive and try to get to the line, as they only attempted 15 FTs, and even if they like this slow pace (both teams), I think they would realize choking the shot clock only allows the defense to set up and you still end up with a bad shot, IMO they need to be a bit more freewheeling and not allow the Spurs D to adjust and counteract their every move.

the Spurs and Jazz in their last few games didnt jack up that many shots either, barely averaging 70 apiece for them, but they both got to the line about 30-40 times apiece, so some of those score were higher due to this.

but if you ask me, I like the over, if Brown makes these adjustments in hopes of a better showing in game 2, but then again he isnt a the most savvy coach, and I'm just another armchair critic, so its prolly better I dont do the totals either way LOL

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
                my own thread and you leave me out, damn you Underdog LOL.

LMAO! I was more or less giving him a heads up on some folks on the forum he is likely unfamiliar with, given they aren't in this forum often. Goes without saying you're a solid & respected capper here as well- BTW can you post a pic of yourself? :laughing:

Comment

BTW can you post a pic of yourself? :laughing:
                  i thought my avatar of that 60 something year old Caucasian male with white hair, and a black sweater yelling at referees was self explanatory? :dunno:

LOL

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

NBA Playoffs YTD: 73-53-3 (+48.51 units)

San Antonio -7

Cleveland/San Antonio o176.5

one unit each

GL everyone!
                    Last edited by Q-Unit; 06-10-2007, 05:51 PM.

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

Cleveland/San Antonio o175.5

one unit

it keeps dropping, and I just have to take it! I am basically betting on the premise that Brown is a halfway decent coach, and will insert Gibson to start/or at least let him play a lot more....that and maybe he will see that holding the ball until the shot clock winds down only to take a bad shot AND allow the defense to get set and anticipate what you are doing next offensively is a mistake. I'm not talking run and gun here, but something the demonstrates "breaking" a little sweat out there geez. LOL

GL everyone!

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

3-0 (+3.00 units)

NBA Playoffs YTD: 76-53-3 (+51.51 units)

:beer2:

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

Nice day Q, curious to see what they set the line at in Cleveland....

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
                            3-0 (+3.00 units)

NBA Playoffs YTD: 76-53-3 (+51.51 units)

:beer2:
                            Congrats :beerbang:

Comment

Nice day Q, curious to see what they set the line at in Cleveland....
                              thanks guys!

Spurs -4.5? :dunno:

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

Spurs-2 @ Pinny, up from -1.5....

Comment

Working...
                                X