• Show
Clear All

• NBA FINALS 2007 ATS/Tot/1stH/2ndH

NBA Finals Game 1...
    Cleveland Cavaliers

San Antonio Spurs

RD 1 21-17-2 +5.1 u.
    RD 2 35-33-2 -2.6 u.
    RD 3 23-13-0 +11.5 u. (missed 28-8 +24.7 by a total of 10 pts in 5 games) :bang:
    ---------------
    PTD 79-63-4 +14.0 u.

6/7

NBA 2007 Playoffs
    ATS 5-8-1 -3.40
    O/U 3-4-0 -2.30
    1stH
    ATS 18-7-0 +10.50
    O/U 18-10-0 +5.20
    2ndH
    ATS 17-23-1 -2.80
    O/U 18-11-2 +6.80
    PTD 79-63-4 +14.0 units

I've read and heard that the Cavs are "... a one-trick pony on offense with no other options." [covers:seransky] or some variation of that by many sports writers but I dont buy into that notion. Granted the Cavs have surpassed the 90 pt mark in only 5 of their 16 playoff games (3 of which came against Wash in RD 1) but would a one trick pony team have swept their 1st round opponent and then gone 8-4 to win their next two series? Not likely. Remember the Cavs held Tim Duncan to 18 points on 6 out of 15 shooting in their last meeting. LeBron only scored 19 points, Gibson only scored 3, and the Cavs still beat the Spurs 82-78. You'll hear people say that the regular season means nothing come playoff time and for the most part i agree but honestly I cant think of a better barometer used to evaluate both teams play against one anther than previous games played.
    The Cavs have beaten the Spurs in their last three meetings ,covering in six of the last eight games against S.A.. Though James and Duncan have led their teams to identical 12-4 records this postseason, the Cavs’ 12-4 ATS is just a bit better than the Spurs’ 11-3-1 payday record ATS. I'd be remiss not to mention that the Spurs had stiffer competition in those series but Cleveland also went 10-6 ATS in the regular season against teams from the West which went on to make the playoffs.
    With that said I believe a huge reason the Cavs are such a big dog in game 1 is that an emphasis has been placed on both teams experience in the Finals. The Cavs are Finals "virgins" led by a 22 year old whose never participated in a championship game beyond his senior year at St. Vincent-St. Mary High School, while the Spurs top three scorers, Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili, have been together for the Spurs' last two championship runs in 2003 and 2005. Eric Snow is the only Cav player with Finals experience. As a rookie in '96 he played in a Finals series with Seattle which was followed by a Finals appearance in 2001 with Philly. Although the Spurs have a huge edge in experience the Cavs inexperience is further aided by Coach Browns (who has a home in S.A.) and GM Danny Ferrys experience with the city and its team.

As for the total the under looks like a profitable play in this series when you combine the facts that 1)San Antonio held opponents to 91 points a game during the regular season, which lead the league, and Cleveland was fifth by surrendering 93 points per game with the fact that 2)both teams played the majority of their post season games under as well (S.A. 9/16 Cle. 10/16). But take caution, looks can be decieving. Though neither team would ever be confused with the likes of the Suns or the Warriors both teams finished their respective division championships with a string of overs. The Spurs played over the total in four of five games in finishing off Utah and the Cavs final three games against the Pistons played over as well. That alone isnt enough to convince me to jump on the over but I will wait to see how both teams play before I go one way or the other. Imo, the Cavs can not allow S.A. to get into their half court defense where the Spurs excel. I think the Cavs will need to concentrate on crashing the boards, be on the attack, and run as often as they can. (''That's a very great team, ...,'' James said. ''We have to just attack, attack, attack. That has to be our mind-set and we give ourselves a chance to win.'') Should the Cavs be successful in executing such a plan the Spurs would have little trouble reciprocating since they can run as well as anyone (as evident in both the Pho. and Utah series) which would be detrimental to the under.

Regardless of who wins I just want to see a competitive down to the wire series. GL to both teams and to all NBA bettors.
    Fire it up!

The Cavs are winless (0-12) in game 1 road games, but they dont have to win. They have to cover a TD.

Cle +7.5 1 unit

...toke on...

Great Thread Rah

Good Luck with your play tonight ...
    Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

GL...tonite RahStah !! GO CAVS :beerbang:

Comment

Gl tonight. I got them in the 1st qtr +2.....:beerbang:

Comment

thnx WW, Low, and JPix, GL to you too!

Cle +4.5 1stH 1 unit
          ...toke on...

Comment

damn, 3 pointer with 1 sec left to kill the 1stH cover by the hook

Cle +3 2ndH 1 unit

PLAY MORE GIBSON
            EAT MOAR CHIKEN
            ...toke on...

Comment

Tough beat on the 1sth Rah.... get it back :beer2:
              Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

NBA Finals Game 2...
                Cleveland Cavaliers

San Antonio Spurs

RD 1 21-17-2 +5.1 u.
                RD 2 35-33-2 -2.6 u.
                RD 3 23-13-0 +11.5 u. (missed 28-8 +24.7 by a total of 10 pts in 5 plays) :bang:
                Finals 0-3 -3.0 (missed 3-0 +2.7 by 3 total pts, ****!) :bang:
                ---------------
                PTD 79-66-4 +11.0 u.

6/10

NBA 2007 Playoffs
                ATS 5-9-1 -4.40
                O/U 3-4-0 -2.30
                1stH
                ATS 18-8-0 +9.50
                O/U 18-10-0 +5.20
                2ndH
                ATS 17-24-1 -3.80
                O/U 18-11-2 +6.80
                PTD 79-66-4 +11.0 units

Cle/SA Over 88 1stH 1 unit
                ...toke on...

Comment

GL rah stah :beerbang:
                  :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                  -Big Pimpin-

Comment

GL..tonite RahStah

Comment

thanks Q and Low!

Cle/SA Under 87.5 2ndH 2 units
                      ...toke on...

Comment

GL in the 2nd half.........

Comment

GL Rah :beer2:
                          Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

NBA Finals Game 3...
                            San Antonio Spurs (2-0)

Cleveland Cavaliers (0-2)

RD 1 21-17-2 +5.1 u.
                            RD 2 35-33-2 -2.6 u.
                            RD 3 23-13-0 +11.5 u. (missed 28-8 +24.7 by a total of 10 pts in 5 plays) :bang:
                            Finals 1-4 -4.1 (missed 3-0 +2.7 by 3 total pts, ****!) :bang:
                            6/7 0-3 -3.0
                            6/10 1-1 -1.1
                            ---------------
                            PTD 80-67-4 +9.90 u.

6/12

NBA 2007 Playoffs
                            ATS 5-9-1 -4.40
                            O/U 3-4-0 -2.30
                            1stH
                            ATS 18-8-0 +9.50
                            O/U 19-10-0 +6.10
                            2ndH
                            ATS 17-24-1 -3.80
                            O/U 18-12-2 +4.80
                            PTD 80-67-4 +9.90 units

I've been harpin about two things these past two games so I wont beat a dead horse further by getting into my "Less Hughes, More Gibson" chant now that Mike Brown may have finally come to his damn senses but I will say, yet again, take it to the hole, LJ!.
                            Taking jumpers should be left for the team. Having LeBron take it to the rim compliments his sills much more than taking 18 footers. His strength and pension for manufacturing tough lay-ins not only gets him to the line for 2 or even the "and-1" but they put fouls on S.A. and they open up his teammates for uncontested shots. Much more good, imo, comes from an aggressive LeBron rather than a jump-shooting LeBron. I'd also like to see Varejo in there earlier. He's a workhorse on the boards that fights for loose balls and takes fouls. Intangibles that can make all the difference in having the Cvas get out to a good start. Considering how the Cavs have been able to come back in the 2ndH a good start could go a long way in the Q onight.
                            Imo, the crowd will be a huge factor and the fouls will now fall in favor of the Cavs.

Cle +0.5 (-105) 1stH 1 unit
                            SA/Cle Under 90 1stH 1 unit

Eva Longria ,Arena mag, Mar 2007
                            Last edited by RahStahMan; 06-12-2007, 08:10 PM. Reason: damn pic
                            ...toke on...

Comment

GL...tonite RahStah.....like the cavs 1stH :beerbang:

Comment

Working...
                              X