***Week 8 Discussion***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post

Jets shouldn't be laying points...its as simple as that to me, they haven't covered either time the were a fav this year, and have one win overall, over Miami....they are bad, where as the Bills really seem to have some confidence. I just don't see NY winning by more than 4 points.

The Toronto/Buffalo Bills win this game outright, IMO. :beerbang:
    I am not being a dick....this is going to come off sarcastically, but not intended that way:

You think Buffalo should be favored against anybody? You think Buffalo should be favored against anyone on the road?
    a.d.

2021 NHL: (through 02/24/2021)
    Sides: +17.4 units
    Totals: +0 units
    In Game (Not posted) -0.6 units
    Parlay: -1.8

All 2021 NHL:+14.9 units

Comment

JML,

Also I never usually go back 2 years, but I kept diggin' and diggin' and that is what I found. I don't think the 2005 Bills has anything to do with the 2007 Bills, but some teams have certain situations where they suck. . . . . One of those 4 wins was @ NY Jets.
      a.d.

Comment

I don't trust Buffalo on the road, but noodle arm Pennington is horrible. Game looks like a toss up.

Comment

Originally posted by Horfin View Post
          I am not being a dick....this is going to come off sarcastically, but not intended that way:

You think Buffalo should be favored against anybody? You think Buffalo should be favored against anyone on the road?
          lol...no worries....its a discussion, and I always like your imput, Horf! Tailed you on that KC play last week! I don't know if I think they should be favoured (although Buf -1 wouldn't blow me away), but it seems like it should be a pick'em, so getting the FG is huge to me, as I don't see NY blowing anyone out.

I think Buffalo could be slightly favoured against: NYJ, Miami, SF, STL & ATL.

Buffalo has had a very tough schedule so far, and except for the two road games against 2 of the NFLs top teams, they have showed very well IMO. They could easily be 4-2. When you compare recent games, it looks like one team is laying eggs, and one team is fighting hard. Jets lose an embarrasing game to Cincy. Look horrible against the Eagles at home, who have looked horrible themselves against any decent NFL team. Squeaking by Miami. Buffalo went toe to toe with Dallas. Won convincingly over Baltimore. And got it done against this same Jets team. That is a team on the upswing IMO, and I just think the Jets are going nowhere, so getting points with who I feel is the better team seems like a play to me.

Maybe I'm a homer because they will be playing 2 games in Toronto every year starting in 2009, lol! :beer2:
          Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 10-24-2007, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
            I don't trust Buffalo on the road, but noodle arm Pennington is horrible. Game looks like a toss up.
            Horf...I checked into this a bit more, cause you had me intrigued about Buffalos road problems, re-thinking my play....and this Bills on the road thing is a little misguided when you dig deeper, IMO. I mean their games this year were against NE & Pitt. Probably 2 of the 3 toughest road games in the NFL right now, and were played right when the Bills injuries problems hit. I throw those results out the window, when it relates to playing at NYJ.

Last year? Their road losses were at Baltimore, Indy, Detroit, Chicago & NE. Talk about your elite teams (keeping in mind last years Bears)!! And they actually covered against NE/Indy! Only one road loss all year to a bad team (Det). Not too bad. Very respectable actually. The other road games they had, were outright wins as a road dog against NYJ, Houston & Miami.

That tells me that this Bills team is a pretty scrappy road team, IMO...getting it done against the weaker teams, and actually winning as an outright dog...AND covering 2 of 4 road games against the NFL's elite.

I change my mind...Bills SHOULD be favoured in this game. :beer2:
            Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 10-24-2007, 12:43 PM.

Comment

This is why this thread is so good. I'm still kickin' it around in my head and gut. But may just lay off and root for Toronto.

Horfin
              a.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Horfin View Post
                This is why this thread is so good.
                I agree...I have scratched potential plays from my early leans, from information I have read in here from week to week...definitely saving me money. A solid play really can't be too solid until you see the game from both sides. Great stuff, Horf!

Buffonto Bills :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post

Buffonto Bills :beerbang:

Are they really playing 2 games a year in Toronto starting in '09?

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                    Are they really playing 2 games a year in Toronto starting in '09?
                    Not official yet, but yeah...that's what they're discussing, and Buffalo proposed it to the NFL board of governers yesterday. From the interviews I saw, the commish, and other owners are in favour of it...as they see a new huge market, and new cash flow (like they need more! lol). 1 pre-season game, and 1 regular season game every year, starting 2009 is the plan.

There are 5 million people in the greater Toronto area that Ralph Wilson wants to tap into, being in small market Buffalo he wants all the fan base he can get I guess. And Toronto is only 2 hours away. The Bills say that already 20 percent of ticket sales come from Canada.

Wilson has also said that when he dies, he is not leaving the team to his family, but selling it to the highest bidder...and corporate Toronto is licking their chops, and counting the days till he kicks it. Blue Jays owner, and cable billionaire, Ted Rogers has gone on record for years saying he is interested. Don't be surprised if you see the Bills permanently up here within 6 or 7 years...

The CFL is understandably concerned with these developments...
                    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 10-24-2007, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Can someone tell me why Philly continues to get respect from the oddsmakers. How the hell are they a road fav this weekend at Minnesota.

Is it just because most of the public remembers the 5/6 division titles and will bet on them no matter what? Please tell me. They suck this year and are favored at Minnesota. I can see them being favored at the Jets because that team is maybe the worst team in football. They shouldnt be favored anywhere else on the road.
                      NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
                      NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
                      NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
                      NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Yeah, I am down two 2 games for my pick (I only do 1 per week). Cinci against Pitt, Minny against Philly. Neither of those teams should be road faves.
                        可你住在有趣的时代 - May you live in interesting times.

Visit wagertracker and participate in free contests and track your picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish2006 View Post
                          Cinci against Pitt. should be road faves.

road team wins in this matchup...(line jumped from 1 to 4) pitt weak on the road, but the d in cincy is junk(total jumped 10 at 1 book) !!!!!public perception: take cincy +points after pitt last week at denver...

I'm takin' minny...:beer2:

Comment

FWIW, they just reported on the local radio here in Cincy that Willie Anderson will be out this Sunday...not good for Cincy...not good at all. The Bengals projected starting O line at the beginning of the season has only played in one game all year. Last week agasint the Jets. They didn't look great in the first half, but seemed to gel and played well in the second half, when Watson ran all over the Jets.

Another thing...this Bengals franchise is in bad shape. Even with the win versus the Jets, all anyone around here is talking about is firing Lewis and trading Chad Johnson. Not good in the Nati.

You've got to think that Pitts will come in to Cincy in a bad mood after the debacle in Denver. And from what I've seen thus far this year, I'm not sure this Cincy team has the heart or desire to stand up to them.

I kind of feel sorry for Palmer. I truly think the guy can be an elite QB...I'm starting to worry that he will be a great QB on a crappy team during his career and won't get the credit he deserves....things better turn around or I'm afraid that's the road that lies ahead for Carson.
                            "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Originally posted by Fish2006 View Post
                              Yeah, I am down two 2 games for my pick (I only do 1 per week). Cinci against Pitt, Minny against Philly. Neither of those teams should be road faves.
                              lol...Pitt should not be a road fav over Cincy?? :eeek:
                              You would have Cincy giving points to the Steelers??
                              Man, I wish you worked at Pinnacle! lol
                              I think Cincy laying points in that one would be the first time I would see the public "100%" on one side. lol.

Take Miny, dude...

GL this week! :thumbs:
                              Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 10-24-2007, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
                                FWIW, they just reported on the local radio here in Cincy that Willie Anderson will be out this Sunday...not good for Cincy...not good at all. The Bengals projected starting O line at the beginning of the season has only played in one game all year. Last week agasint the Jets. They didn't look great in the first half, but seemed to gel and played well in the second half, when Watson ran all over the Jets.

Another thing...this Bengals franchise is in bad shape. Even with the win versus the Jets, all anyone around here is talking about is firing Lewis and trading Chad Johnson. Not good in the Nati.

You've got to think that Pitts will come in to Cincy in a bad mood after the debacle in Denver. And from what I've seen thus far this year, I'm not sure this Cincy team has the heart or desire to stand up to them.

I kind of feel sorry for Palmer. I truly think the guy can be an elite QB...I'm starting to worry that he will be a great QB on a crappy team during his career and won't get the credit he deserves....things better turn around or I'm afraid that's the road that lies ahead for Carson.
                                Thanks for the info, Nigel!

Comment

Working...
                                X