***Week 8 Discussion***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fish2006 View Post
    Yeah, I am down two 2 games for my pick (I only do 1 per week). Cinci against Pitt, Minny against Philly. Neither of those teams should be road faves.
    God fish, why Cincy, why? I have to know, because it really looks like a spot Pitt rolls in.
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by DevilsAdvokt View Post
      than play the jets...

thomas jones will take you to the promise land:beerbang:

yeah, just like his blazing 12 carries for 35 yards the last time they faced off. Thomas Jones will take you to the 5 yd line, then Noodlington will underthrow a pass for a pick6 :laughing:

I do think the Jets have to be favored in this spot, but that doesn't make them a good play, IMO. As expected, Edwards will be getting the start. He gives the Bills the best chance to win the game, but let's not forget about Lynch. He's running well & IMO is due for a breakout game. What better team to do it against than the Jets. Ciny's 2nd stringer ripped through their run D, they are allowing 138 yards rushing per game! Buffalo is pretty bad vs the run as well, but have been improving. Willis ran for 114, but really it was pretty much the 1 drive including a 46 yards run. They held Jones/Barber to 69 yards in 20 carries. In the same span, Watson- 130 3tds, Westbrook-120, & Jacobs & Wards combined for 156 & 2 tds. Which run D would you rather back? Then there are the pass defenses. Buffalo is ranked lower but both are bad. The Jets secondary has allowed 10 tds & only 5 ints. Buffalo has allowed 10 but has 9 ints. I think both teams willl be moving the ball in this game, & there is big play potential on both sides, IMO. Coles & Cotchery both have big play ability. IMO they need Edwards to take some shots downfield, so the Jets can't just play the run. Evans has to make a big play. The recievers have had enough time with him now, I expect them to start producing. One thing that impressed me is Edwards ability to run the no-huddle. The coaching staff also saw it, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a little bit more of the no-huddle this week. I'm looking hard at the over 37.5, as I could easily see a 23-20 type game. The Bills will need to get in the endzone for the total to go over. I really think they do....

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
        yeah, just like his blazing 12 carries for 35 yards the last time they faced off. Thomas Jones will take you to the 5 yd line, then Noodlington will underthrow a pass for a pick6 :laughing:

dont make me come back in here after the bills/jets game to quote you on this... in other words dont pull a nathan....

go thomas:beer2: 100+yard game on the ground:beerbang:

nah actually i could care less

i think there should be more scoring in this game than the one played in buff a few weeks ago....

Comment

Yeah, I am down two 2 games for my pick (I only do 1 per week). Cinci against Pitt, Minny against Philly. Neither of those teams should be road faves.
          Take Minnesota.
          a.d.

2021 NHL: (through 02/24/2021)
          Sides: +17.4 units
          Totals: +0 units
          In Game (Not posted) -0.6 units
          Parlay: -1.8

All 2021 NHL:+14.9 units

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
            God fish, why Cincy, why? I have to know, because it really looks like a spot Pitt rolls in.
            Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
            lol...Pitt should not be a road fav over Cincy?? :eeek:
            You would have Cincy giving points to the Steelers??
            Man, I wish you worked at Pinnacle! lol
            I think Cincy laying points in that one would be the first time I would see the public "100%" on one side. lol.

Take Miny, dude...

GL this week! :thumbs:
            With the Cinci injury situation, I am going to sit on that idea until this weekend and see how it develops, and where the line moves. If I can get more than 4 on that game, it starts to look better and better. I am not a big Cinci fan... trust me - but I just don't see Pitt as the team that goes on the road and dominates anyone, Cinci or no. The farther we get from 4, the more I like that one, if it were not for...

Philly getting anything on the road against Minnesota. That is just wrong. Minnesota has a fukking running game. Chicago beat Philly in Philly. Minny beat Chicago. Minny is at home. WTF?
            可你住在有趣的时代 - May you live in interesting times.

Visit wagertracker and participate in free contests and track your picks.

Comment

Philly getting anything on the road against Minnesota. That is just wrong. Minnesota has a fukking running game. Chicago beat Philly in Philly. Minny beat Chicago. Minny is at home. WTF?
              Running game, yup. Need to give the ball to Peterson 25+. **** Chseter.

Think your off base on Cincy tho. Pittsburgh's gunna be angry after letting Denver slip away... I think it's the Pittsburgh's offence coming out party this weekend.

GLl Fish! :beerbang:

Comment

With the Cinci injury situation, I am going to sit on that idea until this weekend and see how it develops, and where the line moves. If I can get more than 4 on that game, it starts to look better and better. I am not a big Cinci fan... trust me - but I just don't see Pitt as the team that goes on the road and dominates anyone, Cinci or no. The farther we get from 4, the more I like that one, if it were not for...

Then again, I checked WL, and Cinci is much more anti public than minny is, even at Cinci only +3.5.

Of course, I could just take the 6.5 on Carolina against Indy ::ducks:: :sm: (for the record, the public is very much against Carolina, and again, for the record, I most likely lack the balls to go against Indy or NE, regardless... we will see on Sunday though).
                可你住在有趣的时代 - May you live in interesting times.

Visit wagertracker and participate in free contests and track your picks.

Comment

Then again, I checked WL, and Cinci is much more anti public than minny is, even at Cinci only +3.5.
                  Ask Stiff...I only cap inertia...

Comment

I think two of the best plays out there are St Louis and Minnesota. I like those two teams chances to cover rather than Cincy.

Just look at the opponents. Who is the best team out of these three...Philly, Cleveland or Pitt?

Pretty easy right? Ride the Vikings and Rams to victory IMO.
                    NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
                    NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
                    NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
                    NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

I've already posted my play on the Cle/STL Over, but some others I'm leaning toward are:

Chicago -- Det's O hasn't been as potent as people may realize this season. Chi D continues to get better, and Chi's new pass O should be able to score on Det.

Carolina -- Indy was 0-3 ATS last year on away games when favored by more than 3. This is wedged in between last week's big MNF game v Jacksonville and next week's big game v NE. The letdown situation seems too perfect to actually happen though, but Car can hang around to warrant the lean. Definitely want the 7, but 6.5 might work.

Philadelphia -- Clearly they've been a dissapointment relative to expectations, but I think they have been beaten down enough. Minn is 2-4, here they are. 1st week v Atl--big deal. Then v Chi, when AP went out of his mind and had the game of the year. That's not going to happen every week, plus they gave up 31 points. Minn is one-dimensional on O, and Philly has a pretty good run D. Philly hasn't been great on O, but they can score enough to get the win IMO.

Also thinking about Cincinatti, NY Jets, Miami, and maybe GB, but I'm out of time...

What do you guys think about the NYG/Mia Europe Bowl?
                      Last edited by cavorca12; 10-24-2007, 11:01 PM.
                      NFL YTD: 0-0-0 (0.00 Units)
                      NCAAF YTD: 1-0-0 (+0.45 Units)

Comment

Someone give me some thoughts on the SD/Houston game. I think Houston could keep this close, they can move the ball through the air, but I'm waiting to see if Shaub will start. I think he does, so the 10 pts look tempting....however I'm not sure with the Chargers rested off a bye. Houston has the #5 passing attack avg 265 per game, even without Andre Johnson. The Chargers have the leagues 25th pass d, allowing 240 per game. The Chargers have the edge in the run game, as they are avg 4.3/125yds per game, & Houston is allowing 4.7 ypc. I'm sure LT will be finding the endzone more than once this game. I have the Chargers putting up 28+, so do the Texans score 20? Maybe the o45 is a little better, because if Houston does keep it close, I would think it sails over. One thing that worries me is the Texans #31 rushing attack. Just 3.1 ypc, & they're facing the #6 run D in the league, & teams rarely can keep the cover if they become 1 dimensional.

Comment

Ud,

If my house is burning down I don't know how concentrated on the game I could be. There are numerous coaches and players with that issue.

I like the points.

Horfin
                          a.d.

Comment

This is really interesting, I heard it on Mike and Mike this morning:

No QB has ever beaten all 31 possible teams.
                            Manning has beaten 30 of the 31 teams (can't beat Indianapolis)
                            Brady has beaten 30 of the 31 teams (can't beat New England)

The one team Manning has never beaten: Carolina

The one team Brady has never beaten: Washington.

This week, the week before they play each other:
                            Indy plays Carolina
                            NE Plays Washington

Seems really ironic, or odd doesn't it. I did not go back and double check any of their stats, nor do I know if Carolina has played Indy or Washing has played NE while they started, so for all I know they are 0-0 against these teams.

Horfin
                            a.d.

Comment

***Vilma likely out for the season with a knee injury***

This hurts the Jets big time, losing their best LB & leading tackler. I had a little concern about Vilma coming in on blitzes- IMO the Bills line has been playing well on the pass rush save Butler, who missed some key assignments last week. With Vilma out, I think there will be even more opportunity for Edwards to find those quick hitters in the passing game. I really think Lynch breaks out this week.... I'm 80% sold on the over 37.5.

Comment

Originally posted by Horfin View Post
                                This is really interesting, I heard it on Mike and Mike this morning:

No QB has ever beaten all 31 possible teams.
                                Manning has beaten 30 of the 31 teams (can't beat Indianapolis)
                                Brady has beaten 30 of the 31 teams (can't beat New England)

The one team Manning has never beaten: Carolina

The one team Brady has never beaten: Washington.

This week, the week before they play each other:
                                Indy plays Carolina
                                NE Plays Washington

Seems really ironic, or odd doesn't it. I did not go back and double check any of their stats, nor do I know if Carolina has played Indy or Washing has played NE while they started, so for all I know they are 0-0 against these teams.

Horfin
                                As funny as it sounds, what I am about to tell you is true.

Tom Brady was the starting quarterback when they played Steve Spurrier's Redskins. Not sure what year it was, I think 2002. But the Redskins won that game in Week 4 or 5 and the Patriots never lost again.

Pretty funny how Spurrier beat a team coached by God Bellichick.
                                NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
                                NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
                                NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
                                NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Working...
                                X