New England Patriots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
    I'm still in the camp that says the guys are getting paid to stop them so go ahead and do so.
    you don't see guys in the NBA taking 3 pointers when they are up by 20 with 10 seconds left.....they hold the ball, hand it to the refs and shake hands....because that's good sportsmanship and it shows a level of respect for your opponent. There is never at ANY point in life a need to embarrass someone whether you are getting paid or not, whether it's in sports, business or whatever.......by dancing on someone's logo after a big win (like NE did last year), by punching in needless scores, whatever it may be..............but nitts, as i said in my ealier post, that seems to be kind of the "old school" approach. most people are in your camp...wish it wasn't that way, but they are..............i think it's kind of a sad indictment on the current state of things personally, but to each his own on this subject and i do respect that you and others feel that way.........:thumbs:

nothing anyone says on either side is going to change anyone's mind on this subject...you either line up on one side or the other on this topic and so be it.......:thumbs:
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 11-26-2007, 02:20 AM.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

This is just my opinion, but it looked like NE was holding back yesterday. They didn't play like they have all year. Short passes and running the ball. And the look on the players faces. I could tell by half time that something was fishy. It was the look on the players faces that gave it away. This is just a thought. Try not to read too much into it
      If its fun, do it

Comment

That Humble pie stuff is just nonsense. Putting on show that your team is humbled by the situation, yet still managing to draw mass attention from it :dunno:....just another show
        "Assumption is the mother of all f**k-ups!"

Comment

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm not sure what Tom Brady has ever done to be considered classless or lack sportsmanship?

To me this is more about the sports society's growing hatred for Belichick more than anything else. He's like the Barry Bonds of football, he's socially inept, absolutely impossible to root for and he got caught cheating. I think they general ill sentiments for the helmet/players is misguided hatred for the coach, but I guess they have to go hand in hand until Belichick is gone.

:thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post

To me this is more about the sports society's growing hatred for Belichick more than anything else.

:thumbs:
            and that's what happens when your team dances on an opponents' logo after a win in the playoffs, and when you punch in needless scores to embarass and opponent, and when you get caught spying on an opponent.......all in about a 9 month period......but sportsmanship is certainly a thing of the past i guess, and the more people that OK it, the more it is going to become the norm.
            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
              Look, I respect your opinion more than 90% of the people on this board Stif, but listen to yourself. They are an "embarrassment to the NFL"? There are MANY things that are an "embarrassment to the NFL and sportsmanship everywhere", but the NE Patriots certainly are not one of them.

The Cincy Bengals, most specifically Chris Henry and Odell Thurman, are an embarrassment to the NFL. Terrell Owens is an embarrassment to the NFL. Pac Man Jones is an embarrassment to the NFL. Shawn Steroid Merriman is an embarrassment to the NFL. Leonard Little in an embarrassment to the NFL. Ray Lewis is an embarrassment to the NFL. Bill Belichick's wardrobe is an embarrassment to the NFL. Bryant Gumbel being the lead announcer for the NFL Network is an embarrassment to he NFL.

I could go on for days but I'll spare you. You personally HATE Belichick one would summize, and that's fine, that's your right. Calling him "Belicheat" pretty much spells it out. Did he cheat? Sure. Does everyone else do what they did in some form or other? You bet you ass they do. Just ask Jimmy Johnson, or ask my friend who is Coughlin's assistant (one of them at least).

They are good, they know it, and they want to make history..... Who cares? :dunno:
              you forgot mike the pitbull vick:laughing: dont forget cornholehizer either:thumbs:

Comment

oh and one last thing **** the patriots!! hope belly gets a boil on the crack of his fat ass right around the afc championship game,maybe the night before and the ****er pops right at game time:laughing:

Comment

Working...
                X