Vick gets 23 months

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoKnows View Post
    Agreed 1000%. This thing has lost some of its perspect IMHOP. Now I am a dog lover have had them my whole life and if someone were to kill the one I own now I would go ballistic........but, like many crimes dog fighting has been around since the beginning of time and until the Vick situation we never read about it, talked about it, or were that concerned about it, though we knew it was happening somewhere. Vick has put a face to this evil business, but like Roth said this is not on par with the crimes that many of our prestigous stars undertake as hobbies or pasttimes while they are away from the field. If it were we would be prosecuting these fools who run these operations far more publically and often. The Govt. wanted to make an example out of Vick and they did a hell of a job doing that. If Vick had of never lied about his involvement, never denied his actions was immediately forthecoming when the **** hit the fan the heat generated by this subject would be far less than what we see today. The Govt putting a face to the sport will potentially deter others from the business, but I would bet that we will not hear of another dog fighting case anytime in the near future...and for all you that feel Vick should be stabbed, shot, beaten, have one broke off in his A** you need to ask yourself why that is. I am not discounting this disgusting act as meaningless but in the grand scheme it is not as henious as many crimes committed every day. To that point I read that the trafficking and the gambling were considered the crimes with the most substance. What does that tell you?In this great country of ours we love to build up our stars to demigod levels, and we are even happier to tear them down should they make mistakes...especially when the try and cover up the mistakes with LIES. It is usually not the crime but the lying that makes for the downfall???????

couldn't have said this better....:thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Rothko View Post
      I have to weigh in here and say Vick should have been given a year in jail, another huge fine and maybe a (1) year suspension from the NFL! This is just an opinion! Earlier in the year I wanted him behind bars forever! However, for a man to lose everything because of dogfighting is not justification!

I know we have animal lovers in here! I can totally respect an individuals love for their animal! BUT, we are talking about an animal here, right!? What about the other athletes connected to murders, rape, etc..... Many NFL players with far more pressing issues/accusations/allegations slide thru with plea bargains or quiet settlements and STILL suit up ever Sunday!

It's a tough call IMHO! I guess you can say I value humans more than animals! I just can't justify stripping a man of a living (which may be the end result here) because he financed a dogfighting ring!

:bang:
      :thumbs: :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
        with all due respect bookie, max possible 5 years compared to him actually getting 2 is light IMO, with chance of good behavior early parole, we're looking at 1.5 years.

but 2 years in jail is no walk in the park nevertheless. I do agree with you there.

HOWEVER. I have not heard a definite answer from Goodell that Vick would come back into the NFL.

if he does, THAT alone is getting off easy. 2 years in jail nonwithstanding.

I mean I wouldnt know this, but someone (regular joe) who has been to jail, for 2-5 years, gets out and tries to get a job.

what kind of job do you think he'll land? anything remotely in the 60k-80k range? or anything above average and respectable?

now compare that to Vick possibly getting back into the NFL, and say he's been blackballed reputation-wise, well some team will take a chance on him, and at the very least he will get veteran's base salary which is what? half a mil? maybe less? still significantly better than your avg. convicted criminal..

just my 5 pennies
        Q...hate to disagree but the Sports world ain't 'real world'....I'm just going to mention 1 name...Leonard Little...if he can do what he did, and still be playing in the league, there is no way Vick should be banned from the league....

Comment

Originally posted by bookiekilla View Post
          Q...hate to disagree but the Sports world ain't 'real world'....I'm just going to mention 1 name...Leonard Little...if he can do what he did, and still be playing in the league, there is no way Vick should be banned from the league....
          Two wrongs does not......

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
            Two wrongs does not......
            That was not the point.

Comment

Originally posted by bookiekilla View Post
              ..I'm just going to mention 1 name...Leonard Little...if he can do what he did, and still be playing in the league, there is no way Vick should be banned from the league....

I dont understand your comparison???? It'll get ugly if Vick is allowed back in the NFL... :beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
                I dont understand your comparison???? It'll get ugly if Vick is allowed back in the NFL... :beer2:
                I think it means that Lenoard Little is a repeat DUI offender and he also happened to run into someone and kill them. So the comparison is between a dog killer being let back into the NFL and a person killer playing today. The main difference is manslaughter does not get you a lifetime ban, gambling and organizing gambling does. Not sure if there is a rule on the subject of dog killing?

Not sure how it can get any uglier IMOP as peeps protect their own, and most of the football community seemed to either be indifferent on the Vick subject or actually supported him.

Comment

I think it means that Lenoard Little is a repeat DUI offender and he also happened to run into someone and kill them. So the comparison is between a dog killer being let back into the NFL and a person killer playing today. The main difference is manslaughter does not get you a lifetime ban, gambling and organizing gambling does. Not sure if there is a rule on the subject of dog killing?

Not sure how it can get any uglier IMOP as peeps protect their own, and most of the football community seemed to either be indifferent on the Vick subject or actually supported him.
                  the key word: involuntary! :thumbs:

RG, has a tough decision ahead....... :beer2:

Comment

I think ugly in the sense of fan backlash.

As for the Little comparison, I have no respect for the man but while it was his choice to drink and drive the death was an accident, thus involuntary manslaughter. If Vick is driving down the street and runs over a dog that darts into traffic, it's an accident. When Vick finances the torture of animals for his amusement and kills them with his bare hands, it is a conscious decision to do something evil.

I am personally getting sick of the whole other people do worse angle in defending Vick. So what. I don't see any of us who wanted to see Vick get as much time as he could get wanting other scum to slide by. I think most of us who want to see Vick get more are fully behind scum whether its a dog fighter or a rapist do the max time and penalized financially to the upmost for their crimes. This isn't a get Vick thing, it's a get the scum thing.

Comment

Pete Rose was banned from baseball for gambling. Same will happen to Vick. But Vick could play in the Canadien league or Europe.
                      If its fun, do it

Comment

Originally posted by yomonte View Post
                        But Vick could play in the Canadien league or Europe.
                        The CFL has a rule that no suspended NFL player can join the league, and NFL Europe has shut down...so forget those options...

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
                          I think ugly in the sense of fan backlash.

As for the Little comparison, I have no respect for the man but while it was his choice to drink and drive the death was an accident, thus involuntary manslaughter. If Vick is driving down the street and runs over a dog that darts into traffic, it's an accident. When Vick finances the torture of animals for his amusement and kills them with his bare hands, it is a conscious decision to do something evil.

I am personally getting sick of the whole other people do worse angle in defending Vick. So what. I don't see any of us who wanted to see Vick get as much time as he could get wanting other scum to slide by. I think most of us who want to see Vick get more are fully behind scum whether its a dog fighter or a rapist do the max time and penalized financially to the upmost for their crimes. This isn't a get Vick thing, it's a get the scum thing.
                          :thumbs:

Comment

One difference between State and federal. Federal, don't care. State, you might get probation being a celebrity. Not Federal. And his good time is almost nothing in Federal. But like posted above, he'll be in a low security boy scout camp. All fun and games. When you get 14 days in the hole in a state prison, you eat once a day in the dark. Federal 14 days, you have color TV no ****, but the good time is just about Nil. I could have forgiven Mike for almost anything, but not this. And thats coming from the biggest Atl fan this side of hell.
                            If its fun, do it

Comment

I didn't know that Johhny, and/or my bad LOL
                              If its fun, do it

Comment

Originally posted by yomonte View Post
                                But Vick could play in the Canadien league or Europe.
                                Or work at mcdonalds.... :beerbang:

Comment

Working...
                                X