No announcement yet.

Vick gets 23 months

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you ever get to see the old movie "a Day in the Sun" at the end, the preist asked the condemned "Montgomery Cliff" a question. I feel a question should have been asked in this trial. "Couldn't you have just shot these dogs instead of prolonging thier suffering by drowning and hanging them. A certain coldness goes with being able to hang a dying dog that is suffering already. I don't feel sorry for Vick not one little bit. I wouldn't give a **** if he suffered having to work at McDonalds the rest of his life........AH nevermind
    If its fun, do it

Comment

Dude, dude, Yo HD, I can't believe we posted the same ****, at the same time. You da man baby
      If its fun, do it

Comment

LOL, you know mcd's wont hire him, because of his brother...

Comment

Originally posted by yomonte View Post
          One difference between State and federal. Federal, don't care. State, you might get probation being a celebrity. Not Federal. And his good time is almost nothing in Federal. But like posted above, he'll be in a low security boy scout camp. All fun and games. When you get 14 days in the hole in a state prison, you eat once a day in the dark. Federal 14 days, you have color TV no ****, but the good time is just about Nil. I could have forgiven Mike for almost anything, but not this. And thats coming from the biggest Atl fan this side of hell.
          That's 100% the truth right there. My father worked in a medium security Federal prison for 30 years and I got to visit it a few times. It was literally nothing like the shows they have on TV, mostly because they only show you state pens that have the real bad dudes. There were 4-6 men to a cell, for the people in cells. The rest were in sort of an open room with beds and their own quarters to place their things. What's odd is every guy I met there made me say, "how the hell is this man in prison?" Still not a place I'd like to be, but they moved pretty freely, and other than having free-weights being taken away from them, most lived better than they would have on the streets. The prison also had an outside camp that wasn't bad whatsoever, which is what Vick will likely be in. Oddly enough, the prison he worked at had Curtis Martin's uncle and LeBron James' father in it.

Comment

Originally posted by yomonte View Post
            And thats coming from the biggest Atl fan this side of hell
            OMFG :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yo you crack my **** up....
            White crushed Americans need weird energy - Robert Pollard

Comment

I don't feel sorry for Vick! I don't think anyone really feels sorry for the guy!

...but I think some of you want to witness his death over the fiasco! What Vick did was wrong...no doubt! But I can't see him losing his entire life over killing a dog! He made a monumental mistake and now he will have to pay for it! We are all in agreement that he should be punished for his crimes! But killing an animal and everything you have ever worked for is taken from you...that's absurd!

Comment

Originally posted by Rothko View Post
                I don't feel sorry for Vick! I don't think anyone really feels sorry for the guy!

...but I think some of you want to witness his death over the fiasco! What Vick did was wrong...no doubt! But I can't see him losing his entire life over killing a dog! He made a monumental mistake and now he will have to pay for it! We are all in agreement that he should be punished for his crimes! But killing an animal and everything you have ever worked for is taken from you...that's absurd!
                it wasn't A dog, it was many dogs. It wasn't just killing it was torturing. It wasn't just torturing it was sadistic killing after torturing. It was gambling. It was lying after the fact. It was breaking more than a few laws.

Do I want to witness his death for this, tricky question, would I give him the chair, lethal injection, no, would it be some sort of karmic balance to let some of the fighting dogs he trained have their way with him, sure. Since we're not getting that, a max prison sentence would've sufficed, in lieu of that I'll accept what's been given.

As for losing everything you have worked for, am I supposed to feel sorry for this guy now???? Seriously?? I Know you say you don't but your words say otherwise. How else can his punishment seem absurd given his crime? I believe it looks to be harsh because of what he had to lose but I tend to believe that a more average individual would lose the equivalent in terms of his belongings and have less opportunities to come out to. As for him losing everything, I'd like to get some confirmation on what he lost. I know he lost out on his signing bonus and his contract but so would anyone who broke the terms of his contract, he deserved to lose that. He lost the house where he killed the dogs, if someone starts a grow op they aren't going to let you keep the house and just take the plants, he deserved to lose it. He lost some money but I would only guess that he still has more money than most of us do. I'll admit I don't know everything he lost but I would venture to say while he's not as rich as he was, he's still gonna be better off than most middle to upper middle class couples when he's out. Most likely when he's out he'll also be in a position to again be a very wealthy individual once he starts playing, something most other criminals aren't going to walk out to.

I guess my question to you is since this is absurd what crime warrants having everything you worked for taken away?

P.S. I don't mean to pick on anyone or offend anyone I'm just happy to see Vick get a fraction of what's coming to him and I'm always up for a good back and forth
                Last edited by flmmkrz; 12-11-2007, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rothko View Post

I'd just like to say that he easily could have avoided losing everything he worked for by, oh I dunno, maybe not committing felony level crimes? I can safely say I haven't committed a felony, it's really not that hard to avoid doing so.

Comment

vick lost everything???? no ****in' way... he was movin' his money as soon as the case started!!!!!!! :thumbs: IMO, its not about what he killed, its about how he could have the mentality to do that, while thinking he could get away with it!

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
                      I guess my question to you is since this is absurd what crime warrants having everything you worked for taken away?
                      Killing a human being. Simple as that. He could have killed a schoolbus full of dogs but that doesn't equal to one human! Like I said earlier in this thread, I value human life more than any animal! I'm sorry but it's the way I feel!

Nitt, you're right bro, Vick could have come to his senses and realized what he was doing could ruin his life! But, like every other ignorant fckn rich athlete, he probably thought his money could buy him out if it got sticky! I don't know who said it earlier, but they used Vick to put a face on this particular crime! It deserves to be there, granted, but maximum prison sentence, no way not in my book!

As far as what he could lose, talk in this thread is that he is out of the NFL for good! Possible banishment for life or something! I mean, do you think Vick should be banned from the NFL for life???

Flm, I'm pickin' up what your puttin' down brother and I do agree with immediate justification, but I can't agree with max imprisonment or banishment from the NFL!

Comment

Roth Vick is more of an animal then the dogs. If the NFL lets him back I will never watch another game.
                        NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Originally posted by birdsfan5 View Post
                          Roth Vick is more of an animal then the dogs. If the NFL lets him back I will never watch another game.
                          As an Eagles fan, that is probably a GOOD thing....save yourself some heartache and pain...lol...

:beer2:

Comment

down south, animals are killed in the back yard every day, and on the table, by dinnertime...:beer2:
                            Last edited by homedawg; 12-11-2007, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                              As an Eagles fan, that is probably a GOOD thing....save yourself some heartache and pain...lol...

:beer2:
                              LMAO JML how about them Leafs:laughing:
                              NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
                                down south, animals are killed in the back yard every day, and on the table, by dinnertime...:beer2:

Nothing like Ground Hog stew

or

Possem tail chili :thumbs:
                                NFL 2-0. Week 1
                                Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

Working...
                                X