No announcement yet.

***Week 17 Discussion***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my whole thing about week 17. These teams may be resting starters/not playing for anything, etc. The fact remains that they are a team & have played together all season. Why eat chalk with a team that has been inferior all season long?

Should the Chargers be favored on the road by 9? :dunno:

Yes I know the Chargers are playing better than ever right now. However, laying 9 on the road to a divisional opponent? Better yet, laying it with a team that is 3-4 su on the road? They've only had 2 road wins over 6 points. Russell was lambasted by his coach, I'm sure there will b otivation for the Raiders to show something...
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

All about the run defence in that one. It was shown last week what a good running team will do to Oakland. And it has also happened all year. SD have won 2 in a row on the road...against tough places to play, Ten & KC.
      Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 12-30-2007, 11:16 AM. Reason: mispost

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
        SD have won 2 in a row on the road...against tough places to play, Ten & KC.

JML, I hope you're joking around about Arrowhead being a tough place to play. That ship has sailed IMO, the Chiefs went 2-6 this season at home. Even Oakland beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead, & the other 5 losses were by 9 or more....
        Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
          JML, I hope you're joking around about Arrowhead being a tough place to play. That ship has sailed IMO, the Chiefs went 2-6 this season at home. Even Oakland beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead, & the other 5 losses were by 9 or more....
          lol...true....and I have being saying all year, that arrowhead mystique is long gone...

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
            IMO, skins win big.... :beer2:

total dominance.... :beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
              Here's my whole thing about week 17. These teams may be resting starters/not playing for anything, etc. The fact remains that they are a team & have played together all season. Why eat chalk with a team that has been inferior all season long?
              U-dog you make a great point about week 17. Only problem is when you are in a pool for instance whether it be SU or ATS. How can you expect to properly handicap any game of necessity when the unknown variables about playing time of regular players is so up in the air. Especially if the pool comes down to the last week to determine who wins or in some cases advances in their pool.
              Make a few more today than you made or lost yesterday

Comment

Working...
              X