No announcement yet.

NCAA/NFL is a joke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have to respectfully disagree, not necessarily on the dive thing, because yes, it could be dangerous, but, on the excessive celebration penalties in college football in general.

The NCAA has these guys trained like robots. Score the TD, drop the ball or hand it to the ref, slap hands a little, and run to the sidelines....all the while with a ref right in there warning you to get off the field or it's going to be a penalty.

Now granted, I don't want to see group dances, or any T.O or Chad Johnsonlike celebrations, but really, let these KIDS show some emotion and excitement. What the hell damage does it do to let the guy spike the ball? Or if some of the guys gather in the end zone to give congrats to the guy who scored?

There's nothing unsportsmanlike about either one of those things, IMHO

The rule is good to avoid that crap, but i just think it's gone a bit too far.

Comment

Stiff- Good points and I don't necessarily disagree with any of them, but if these kids can go to school for free and basically have $150,000 handed to them for their "education" (plus god knows what else), then I don't think it's too much to ask that they don't act like jackasses when they score a touchdown either. I'm almost 30 and still back college loans. These kids get everything handed to them. Maybe I'm in the minority, but the more rules these kids have the better IMHO. Maybe it might even rub off and a few of them might turn into good, self-respecting citizens via the guidance and discipline.

Then again, we have people like Bobby Bowden in charge of them, who makes it a point to go on national TV and say that what his kids did had nothing to do with he or the FSU coaching staff or program.

I agree with you on the spiking thing, too.

Comment

what pisses me off is a little different than what has been discussed, but i can not stand when in the ncaa or nfl players make a ******* 10 yard catch for a first down and they act like they won the game? bive ******* deal. you did what you were supposed to do, go back to the huddle and do it again. or if you make a tackle on the kickoff. who gives a **** dont celebrate it, its your job. if cusefan was a cashier at wal mart, he wouldn't be celebrating every time he rang up diapers and toilet paper. the job part applies more to the nfl guys, but its still excessive and unnecessary in both places and I dont see anything positive about it.

*note that cusefan does not work as a cashier at wal mart

Comment

I dont mind if they celebrate, pound their chests, or even gatorade their coach, as long as it comes from the team I bet on.... :drunk:

Comment

good example: (ignore the homerism) Tech today vs. Virginia, defender makes a tackle, a good solid hard tackle, gets up and motions his hands to the ground (in the mannerism of a "take down") and gets flagged for unsportsmanlike?

is this too excessive? lets say it is, why now? (yes against my team LOL), but why now? I see it a lot and it doesn't get flagged.

I guess if you really are gonna enforce this type of stuff, be consistent! not just mood of the refs IMO.

Bowden had one good point during his "its crap" rant on national TV, in that we have seen kids flying into the end zone before without a flag be it risk of injury or not, need to be consistent.
            :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
            -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
              gatorade their coach
              in 5 years, 3 to 1 odds, that will be penalized 15 yards for wasting ice, water, and endangering the health of an overweight coach with heart problems being doused in freezing liquid :beer2:
              :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
              -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Working...
              X