SUPER BOWL XLll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
    JoePa's guy has NYG +14 or NE -10....you can get whichever one you want tomorrow AM.......:thumbs:

anyone have any opinions on a total?
    Total opened as hight as 56, now as low as 53.5 .. there must be some bad weather comin' to the desert? :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
      Total opened as hight as 56, now as low as 53.5 .. there must be some bad weather comin' to the desert? :drunk:
      i don't understand why it is so hard to cover the Giants in pass situations. Burress presents matchup problems from a height perspective....but they don't stretch the field and all they seem to do is run a bunch of dink and dunk stuff. I would blitz the **** out of Manning and make him make quick decisions. Why can't you play your corners up on the Giants receivers and blitz him. They don't really have a deep threat so that takes away one worry. I guarantee if you make him get rid of it he will make mistakes. Anyone remember the pass down in the RZ he made today that hit the GB lineman square in the numbers? They brought pressure and made him throw quickly. And he threw it right to the Packers (but they dropped it). I would have to think that Bellicheat will go after him.....im not sure why GB never did today with all their problems they were having covering especially.
      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

I'll probably just play the under. And as soon as I can get it. That will go down to atleast 49
        If its fun, do it

Comment

i don't understand why it is so hard to cover the Giants in pass situations. Burress presents matchup problems from a height perspective....but they don't stretch the field and all they seem to do is run a bunch of dink and dunk stuff. I would blitz the **** out of Manning and make him make quick decisions. Why can't you play your corners up on the Giants receivers and blitz him. They don't really have a deep threat so that takes away one worry. I guarantee if you make him get rid of it he will make mistakes. Anyone remember the pass down in the RZ he made today that hit the GB lineman square in the numbers? They brought pressure and made him throw quickly. And he threw it right to the Packers (but they dropped it). I would have to think that Bellicheat will go after him.....im not sure why GB never did today with all their problems they were having covering especially.
          my thoughts exactly. we've all seen it before, when you get to eli he screws up. so why is it that TB thinks they will win if they just sit back, and then dallas doesnt bring anything, and now GB just plays man to man and still doesnt blitz. i cant figure this out for my life, but come after the average at best qb, throw some zone blitzes at him, drop a DL into coverage here and there, and bring the house once or twice. i would wager that eli wouldnt handle any of that too well. as we saw yesterday and the week before, NE guys cant cover for **** so they better hope to god they get to eli or he will get the job done.

Comment

Looks like 12.5 on line and 13 in vegas:dunno:

Comment

Grow some balls. :laughing:

101 New York Giants +7.5 +158

Grow some bigger balls

101 New York Giants -3.5 +740
              NFL 2-0. Week 1
              Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                Not too many squares bet early.
                So I'm not a square LOL. I want the under right now before it hits 49
                If its fun, do it

Comment

I agree. All the Pats need to do is watch the 2nd Skins-Giants game :sm:

Comment

Originally posted by Queen View Post
                    Grow some balls.

I'm already wearing a nut bra, JEEEEEEEZ
                    If its fun, do it

Comment

Queen, I ain't quite so sure NY don't win SU. But 3 1/2 is....AH Nevermind
                      If its fun, do it

Comment

Super Bowl Opening Line Report
                        By STEPHEN NOVER | January 21, 2008
                        The 18-0 New England Patriots may prove indeed to be the greatest NFL team of all-time. But they’ve been a huge money-burner since late November.

The Patriots have only covered once during their past eight games. That may be a factor why early Super Bowl money has been on the New York Giants. The Giants have their own momentum winning three consecutive road playoff games and 10 straight away contests.

Las Vegas Sports Consultants sent out an opening number of Patriots -14 with an ‘over/under’ of 55. Both side and totals had been adjusted downward by late Monday morning.

New England was down to -12 with the total at either 53 ½ or 54.

Senior LVSC linesmaker Mike Seba believes both side and total are going to go back up.

“I know the Giants have been playing great,” he said. “You can’t take that away from them. That’s why maybe the number has been going down.

“But I see it going up. It could get up to 14. I’m not sure if it will reach that high, but I could see it 13 or 13 ½.”

The Giants seemed to have few believers even though they beat Dallas two weeks ago as seven-point road underdogs. Green Bay got steamed up as high as eight-point favorites, but the Giants prevailed in overtime 23-20.

It probably hurts the Giants having to wait two weeks before taking on New England since they’ve been so hot.

The Patriots weren’t fantastic on Sunday in the AFC title game, methodically defeating crippled San Diego, 21-12. The Patriots were able to win despite Tom Brady throwing three interceptions and playing perhaps his worst game of the season.

“The Patriots seem to raise their level and play accordingly to what they have to do,” Seba said.

The Giants nearly upset the Patriots at home on Dec. 29, losing as a 13-point underdog, 38-35. New York let a 12-point second-half lead slip away.

Seba doesn’t envision another close game between the two teams.

“It helps the Giants that they’ve played the Patriots,” he said. “But I don’t think New England played its best game during that last meeting. The Giants definitely will get New England’s best this time.”

LVSC had six of its oddsmakers make a Super Bowl number. The numbers ranged from 13 to 15. So the linesmakers compromised at 14.

“We’d rather be on the high side with New England,” Seba said.

The ‘over/under’ range was from a low of 52 ½ up to 56.

“We considered 56 before sending out 55,” Seba said. “Usually the total is bet up in the Super Bowl, especially when you have two good quarterbacks like we have here.”

Seba believes the total, like the side, will rise as the game gets closer.

“I could see it closing 54 or 55,” he said. “I’m surprised the total has initially gone down. But I think you’ll see it go up as we get closer to post.”

Traditionally the betting pattern on the Super Bowl is a flurry of early action within the first 24 hours of the numbers being posted, meaning heavy play on Sunday night and Monday morning.

Once the number settles in, there usually isn’t much wagering on the side and total until the last 48 hours before the game.

Nevada bookmakers are anticipating a record handle. There is a lot of interest to see if the Patriots can reach perfection, plus the Giants attract strong East Coast money.

The most money wagered on a Super Bowl in Nevada occurred two seasons ago when $94.5 million was bet on the Seattle-Pittsburgh game.

Bookmakers believe this could be Nevada’s first $100 million Super Bowl. If that much is going to be bet in Nevada, it’s scary to think how much is going to be wagered on the Internet and with street bookies.
                        NFL 2-0. Week 1
                        Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

If its fun, do it

Comment

I find it odd that Bodog of all places is down to 11.5 when pretty much all the rest of the books are still at 12:dunno:

Comment

Brady has a walking cast of his foot? :beer2:

Comment

JoePa's guy has NYG +14 or NE -10....you can get whichever one you want tomorrow AM.......:thumbs:
                                Freaking get over yourself already god of odds! This site is so fortunate to have a vegas cop to police everybody's threads......:puke:

But my local does have NYG +12 and the other has NYG +12.5.......:beerbang:
                                Last edited by joepa66; 01-22-2008, 04:17 PM.
                                Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
                                X