***Week 7 Discussion Thread***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
    You still haven't answered my question about what San Diego has done this year that leads you to believe they can do anything vs BUF or anyone else??

And like i said, that ARIZ loss was probably the most predictable game of the entire season, not just for BUF, but for the entire NFL. Stevie Wonder and Helen Keller could have seen that coming.

My point is that I don't care what anyone thinks of BUF. You guys are capping SD as if this was 2007 or prior. The same SD team that is 3-3, and almost lost to OAK a few weeks back....an OAK team who many of the same people are saying is a complete piece of ****.

To say OAK sucks complete ass and is one of the worst teams int he NFL...so bad that the ****TY JETS are a good bet today playing them as a road fave, and then to turn around in the next sentence and say you're confident enough that SD is good enough to take it to Buffalo today that you're gonna lay your money down on them is a complete contradiction.

I gotta check back over this thread, but I think I also saw you say BUF should be -3.5 earlier in the week....
    Like I said...it's more of a fade of Buffalo than SD...as I can't disagree with your SD assesment. My whole response pretty much layed that out. :dunno: I think Buffalo's defence is thin right now. I think Edwards is not ready. It's not a contridiction when your fading an injured Buff defence, not backing SD. And I dont think I said anything about Buff -3.5?

It was an add-on play for lesser units....I just have a feeling Buffalo's defence is in trouble today...and I'd have that feeling playing any decent team. SD or not.

GL with the Bills...as a fan I almost hope I'm wrong! :thumbs: :thumbs:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 10-19-2008, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Well then my argument would be that isn't a no play a better decision than to automatically fade the Bills?

More often than not, in the NFL there are completely capable backups and good/bad defenses are a result of schemes, not individual players. There are of course a few exception players, but I fail to see how Terrence McGee is one of them, and they're performed to the level they have all year without a ton of results from Schobel, quite honestly.

My points remains that SD is in a very rough spot today....and I can really not see how they are a good play, to which no one has said anything to convince me otherwise....which is what I was asking for originally.

Not trying to be an ass here, but we're talking people's money at stake (I think you'd all be surprised how many people place their bets according to the opinion of some of us guys here), and I just think that if you can't come up with a solid argument to bet on SD, it's gotta be a no play if you don't like BUF either.

Comment

Yeah....I would tend to agree with you...although I think sometimes you have to go with your gut. I did that alot last year, and I was successful. Sometimes we can all over-analyze games. lol.

I DO think missing McGee, and maybe Youboty and Simpson and others as well might be big. SD has some big receivers, and having Buffalo with their rookie CB, the 5'10" McKelvin coming in having to shut them down could be be problem. He played starter minutes last game and was torched in Zona. Maybe, maybe not...as the replacements are all still NFL players, and he is a high draft pick, but as a Bills fan their defence worries me today. That warranted a play. Gotta go with what I think. I could very well be wrong on that, or SD could very well not be able to expose it....I guess I will see....but you definietly don't have me feeling great about the play! lol.

GL today, Stif. :thumbs:
        Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 10-19-2008, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Does the line movement (lack of) in the Oakland game interest anyone? Leaning more to Oakland. From what I can tell % of people on the Jets. I know $ moves the line, but this large of a %, what gives....

Comment

Does anyone know the record of West Coast teams coming to the East Coast and playing 1pm games, its not pretty Chargers are better team but gut tells me the Bills win iMO

Comment

Originally posted by Half-Man Half-Amazin View Post
              Does anyone know the record of West Coast teams coming to the East Coast and playing 1pm games, its not pretty Chargers are better team but gut tells me the Bills win iMO
              Yeah...don't know the stat...but it's definitely not good...

Comment

i don't know about overall, but this year no west coast team has come over at 1 pm and won.

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
                  i don't know about overall, but this year no west coast team has come over at 1 pm and won.
                  The West Coast teams and Arizona are a collective 0-6 on the East Coast at 1pm, and three of those games have been downright ugly: Seattle losing 34-10 at Buffalo on Sept. 7; Arizona getting pounded 56-35 against the Jets on Sept. 28 and the Seahawks against gmen , 44-6.

The other three west-to-east losers were Oakland at Buffalo Sept. 21, 24-23; Arizona at Washington Sept. 21, 24-17; San Diego at Miami , 17-10.

Comment

No Schobel, Fowler, McGee, Fine. confirmed. Copeland will likely get the start in place of Schobel. Starting center out is huge, even when they aren't facing arguably the best nose tackle in the game......

Stif-- My reasoning is that the Chargers have the better offense, & they have the better defense plkain and simple. Bills injuries that nobody is talking about imo are bigger than Roscoe returning. Not the best situation but that's why the line is a pick. Perception- this line would have been -4 to the Chargers had it been the first game of the season... JMO but Buffalo has yet to play a good team at home.....
                    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Half-Man Half-Amazin View Post
                      The West Coast teams and Arizona are a collective 0-6 on the East Coast at 1pm, and three of those games have been downright ugly: Seattle losing 34-10 at Buffalo on Sept. 7; Arizona getting pounded 56-35 against the Jets on Sept. 28 and the Seahawks against gmen , 44-6.

The other three west-to-east losers were Oakland at Buffalo Sept. 21, 24-23; Arizona at Washington Sept. 21, 24-17; San Diego at Miami , 17-10.
                      Good info....and that is what I was saying when I said SD is in a downright horrible spot today with that, plus the fact the Bills are off a bye.

With that being said, imo you'd have to think SD is 10x the team BUF is to lay your money on em today.

Now keep in mind, I personally cap more situationally than anything, so these things are huge to me. With that being said, no situation is going to stay undefeated for a whole season. But on the same hand, I don't think it's really a winning proposition to try and stand out and pick what teams are going to buck a trend that has been solid since the beginning of time.

SF to NYG also falls into this west to east @ 1pm thing, and I saw a significant line movement on SF from +13 to +10 during the week. I have a hard time believing any sharp is laying down on a clearly outmatched SF team that is in a bad scheduling spot, and coming to play an NYG team who was embarrassed in MNF last week. So why the line move? I don't get it....it's almost like the books are trying to sucker those who blindly watch lines and know nothing (or very little) about the sport (and believe me, there are a ton of guys like that) into betting on SF today thinking there's huge sharp money on them.

Either that or some sharp players out there have some really solid info out there that apparently none of us have, cause on the surface SF is a bad bet today imho.

Now watch em win outright, lol

Comment

power outage around Ralph Wilson stadium as per ESPN...game might be delayed to start

Comment

You guys very well may be right and BUF might just get their asses handed to em because of all these injuries, i'm not even gonna debate that, nor was i ever trying to....but still no one can answer my question as to what SD has done this year to make them worthy of a road play in a piss poor scheduling spot.

Lots of talk about the weak BUF schedule, but who has SD played? They have yet to play a good team period....btw....unless you count overrated Denver.

I don't even wanna hear CAR either. They suck.

Comment

Just noticed that the Dallas line has jumped from -7 to -8.5 this morning on sportsinteraction. Any breaking Romo news that I'm not aware of or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                              You guys very well may be right and BUF might just get their asses handed to em because of all these injuries, i'm not even gonna debate that, nor was i ever trying to....but still no one can answer my question as to what SD has done this year to make them worthy of a road play in a piss poor scheduling spot.

Lots of talk about the weak BUF schedule, but who has SD played? They have yet to play a good team period....btw....unless you count overrated Denver.

I don't even wanna hear CAR either. They suck.
                              Well...yeah, you're right...going from previous results, and the West/East thing, it could be tough in this spot...but they still have the leagues best RB, TE, and currently the highest rated QB...so at least the raw talent is there to maybe expose the injured Bill D. That's what I think UD and I are going on. I know you'll disagree with that, but take it for what it's worth...lol...
                              Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 10-19-2008, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Edwards looks good, that's a relief :beerbang:

Comment

Working...
                                X