***Week 9 NFL Discussion***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
    my problem with them is their defense. At home they've given up 38 to SD, 32 to NO, 13 to TB and 24 to JAX. On the road they have done equally poor. Giving up 41 to NE, 33 to KC, and 14 to OAK. imo, miami's offense isn't like TB or Oak, its a bit more dynamic than those two. This team has serious issues with stopping anyone especially the pass. Pennington isn't flashy, but hes getting it done.

i think the public likes cutler/marshall combo and mike shannny.

i havent really looked into MIA, but i think they can beat DEN even at home and coming off the bye, their defense is coming together and not allowing as many huge pass plays. but im going to stay away.
    "Sports betting is a marathon, not a sprint"

Comment

Any word on if dallas is starting brad or brooks? Does anyone see dallas winning this game? Something tells me they show up here.

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
        Any word on if dallas is starting brad or brooks? Does anyone see dallas winning this game? Something tells me they show up here.
        It's Johnson...that game/line stinks to me...staying far, far away...

Comment

Any thoughts on MNF game?

i kinda like the steelers on the road

steelers o-line is horrible though... but redskins havent faced a defense this good before.

i kinda like the steelers but i am on the fence.

steelers shouldve/couldve won that game vs NYG but that funky safety by james harrison to his punter lost them the game.

steelers know how to win ugly as heck this year.

i think willie parker is back, but moore is doing a good job.

james harrison is also known as mr monday night/sunday night.. lol
          Last edited by Furashu; 11-03-2008, 01:37 AM.
          "Sports betting is a marathon, not a sprint"

Comment

furashu--redskins went on the road and beat philly--a defense I would rate as high as Pitt. Now they have to do it at home--Methinks the skins are for real.

Comment

I'm not sold on Philly being all that good this year. Despite their win over the might mighty Seahawks yesterday, lol.

I can't help but respect what Washington has done so far under coach Zorn, but at the same time, the win over Dallas looks a hell of alot less impressive to me now than it did back when it happened.

I can't get over that the lost to the Lambs @ home either, and the win over Zona was a 1pm west to east game where we all know Zona thrives so well. Detroit sucks, and who knows what to think of Cleveland.

What I'm saying is that while I think the Skins are a decent team, I don't think they are any better than average by any stretch of the imagination, and I think their wins are really less than impressive when you really sit down and look at who they beat and the situations some of their opponents were in at the time of the games.

I think they can be had by a team like PIT with experienced veteran players.

While I will admit the Giants look like the team to beat in the NFC, I hope no one is still buying into that farce about how awesome the whole NFC East is anymore, and using it in their decision when capping this game....

In any case, just wanted to add my 2 cents....which after yesterday is probably worth about 1 cent, lol

Comment

Stiff, I don't disagree with your analysis, but I think the competition they've played has been at least on par with Pitt, who has it's wins over the Browns, Texans, Jacksonville, Bungles, and Raisins. That win over J-ville certainly doesn't look very sexy at this point.

Just watching the Steelers--the offense looks like it's searching, and Rothlisberger has been really average(which is an insult to average QB's this year). I think the Skins win if they can get any kind of a pass rush.

Comment

Working...
                X