No announcement yet.

NFL Wild Card Discussion....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at post #19.......Maybe you meant FG rather then TD originally.
    2008.....updated 1/11/9....7:00pm....pacific

NFL 14-7-1.................+28.5

NBA 4-9....................-7.45

NCAAF 7-14..................-13.9

Comment

Before the line came out, I was guessing it would be Indy -3.... and I was then glad I only had to play it at a pickem....but still would have played it all the way up to -7 regardless, is the jist of both posts I guess...

GL Bobo :thumbs:

Comment

One thing to consider in the SD/IND game is I believe SD went winless against all Playoff teams.
        Also San Diego had the easiest Strength of Schedule of all Playoff teams and managed only an 8-8 recordl

On the flip side the following teams had these:
        Pittsburgh had the hardest SOS and the 2nd best record.
        Indy had the 2nd SOS and had the 2nd best record
        Tenny had the 3rd SOS and had the best record.
        These other teams are tied with Tenn with SOS: Minn/Balt.

Just some information I came across in making all my selections on all Four Road Favs.

Horfin
        a.d.

2021 NHL: (through 02/24/2021)
        Sides: +17.4 units
        Totals: +0 units
        In Game (Not posted) -0.6 units
        Parlay: -1.8

All 2021 NHL:+14.9 units

Comment

I heard on the radio here today that in the last 7 or so years, there have only been 4 road teams to be favored in the playoffs...and all 4 have won and covered...not sure how accurate this is as it was on local sports radio...but thought it was pretty interesting....I'm pretty sure I'm going with all 4 road teams, just trying to figure how much on each of them...already put in a ml parlay for all 4:beer2: yeah, i know...real smart on my part:sm:

Comment

BK,

Of all 4 the one that scares me the most is Baltimore. I played the spread on all Favs EXCEPT I only played the ML on Baltimore.

From Stronges to Weakest in my opinion:
            1. Indy
            2. Atlanta
            3. Philly
            4. Baltimore

Just my Opinion

Horfn:thumbs:
            a.d.

2021 NHL: (through 02/24/2021)
            Sides: +17.4 units
            Totals: +0 units
            In Game (Not posted) -0.6 units
            Parlay: -1.8

All 2021 NHL:+14.9 units

Comment

Originally posted by Horfin View Post
              BK,

Of all 4 the one that scares me the most is Baltimore. I played the spread on all Favs EXCEPT I only played the ML on Baltimore.

From Stronges to Weakest in my opinion:
              1. Indy
              2. Atlanta
              3. Philly
              4. Baltimore

Just my Opinion

Horfn:thumbs:
              Mine would be

1/2: Atlanta / Indy...really like both of these..
              3: Philly
              4: Baltimore

you're right...baltimore scares me a little...

As far as everyone loving AZ this weekend...I just dont get it...yes Ryan's a rookie qb on the road for his first start, but what the hell has Arizona done all year to show anyone they can beat a qulity team???

6 out of their 9 wins are against the ****ty nfc west...they've had ONE win against a playoff team and that's miami i think in week 2...

Also...yes, I believe their strength is atlanta's weekness...passing offense against atlanta's pass defense...but from what I've seen of Warner the 2nd half of the season is that he's good for a couple of turnovers...fumble/int's whatever...hell, Matt Ryan, being a rookie takes care of the ball a hell of a lot better than Warner...

Also, the falcons have shown all year, they're not a one-dimensional team...they're going to stick with the run...even if it doesn't work early...they've done it all year...even with zona stacking the box, what has anyone seen from them showing they can stop a power running game??

Yes, Atlanta defense gave a lot of yards this year, but they've been a bend but dont break defense all year...ranking I believe close to the top 10 or maybe 11th in scoring defense...and in the end that's what counts...if the cards throw it all over the field, but can't punch it in...who the hell cares...

And let the cards get really one dimensional, like they usually are, and see John Abraham pin his ears back and get to warner a few times causing havoc...

I also give the falcons a big edge in special teams with norwood returning kicks and douglas returning punts...also, the punt coverage team for the falcons has been just ridiculous all year...i think they set a record or got real close to setting a record of allowing like less than 60 yards or some ridiculous number like that of total punt return yards all year combined...and I'll take Elam in a pressure situation anyday if it comes to that...

ok...i'm probably all over the place with this writeup as I usually am not very good these...so I'm gonna stop...

yes, this is a homer play, but I'm really trying to see why so many on here are on the Cards..I guess I just cant get my falcons blinders off, but this IMO this one's atleast a 7-10 point falcons win...IMO the falcons will have success running the ball on the cards and Ryan will throw have less than 30 pass attempts once again in this one....and when that has happened (ryan throwing less than 30 pass attempts)...the falcons are 11-0:thumbs:

hopefully it will be 12-0 after this weekend...:thumbs: :thumbs:

GL to all on the falcons:thumbs: (sorry flyers, kevin, etc on the cards....need my birds from the ATL to have GL in this one, not the ones from AZ)

ok..i'm done talking about this game....time to get to bed...can't wait for the game tommorow!

Comment

mlehhhhhhhh......BK, just not sold on a 1st year starting QB and a 1st year starting RB going on the road to win a playoff game in their first go round.....big difference in terms of pressure etc....and you will have to outscore ARI in ARI to win this game....they are pretty much good for 20+ points every game they play at home there. I will take Warner and his experience with the best WR tandem in the league bar none and a decent running game. I think they do enough to win at home.
                I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

guess we'll agree to disagree on this one....but I sure as hell hope I'm right and you're wrong on this one...lol...with it being the falcons and all...

IMO we're going to see an all NFC South and an all NFC East divisional playoff round
                  ATL/CAR
                  PHI/NYG

Comment

gl bookie, as a bucs fan I really hate the falcons but have to admit they have one hell of a team this year and i think they win today.
                    mlb 2018 157-110 +42.74 2018
                    nfl 2018 54-79-1 -21.4 units 2018
                    mlb 2019 348-245-3 +70.2 units 2019
                    nfl 2019 54-54 -21.2 units 2019
                    mlb 2020 112-75-1 +33.35 units 2020
                    nfl 2020 88-87-3 -8.4 units 2021
                    mlb 2020 playoffs 30-17 +30.6 units 2020
                    nfl playoffs 2020 11-11-1 +25.4 units 2021
                    mlb 2021 271-226 +18.3 units 2021
                    mlb 2022 240-239 -62.9 units as of 10-21-2022
                    mlb 2023 122-103 -9.7 units 2023
                    mlb 2024 15-11 +2.7 units as of 4-13-2024

Comment

Originally posted by bookiekilla View Post
                      I heard on the radio here today that in the last 7 or so years, there have only been 4 road teams to be favored in the playoffs...and all 4 have won and covered...not sure how accurate this is as it was on local sports radio...but thought it was pretty interesting....I'm pretty sure I'm going with all 4 road teams, just trying to figure how much on each of them...already put in a ml parlay for all 4:beer2: yeah, i know...real smart on my part:sm:
                      Your Falcons not gettin' alot of Love.........:nono:
                      In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
                      The Grateful Dead..........
                      "The Egyptian book of the Dead"

Comment

congrats to all on the cards....

for the first time all year, ryan looked like a rookie when that game started on that first drive...but even with that being the case, we the falcons get that stop in the 4th quarter, 3rd and 16, they get the ball back and chance for the W....3 big plays were pretty much the game for the cards...the amazing catch by fitzgerald, the ridiculous angle milloy took on bolding and the one that hurt the most was the fumble by the falcons that got returned for a td at the starting of the 3rd...that one really hurt...I really thought that the falcons had this game under control going into halftime and that turnover really killed all the momentum...oh well...pretty bummed that the season is over for the birds, for some reason a lot of us (whole bunch of friends, family, co-workers that i know) really got behind this falcons team, more so than any in recent memory...guess we all finally feel we're going in the right direction as a team from top to bottom...and I can't wait for next season to start...really looking forward to what pieces will be added this offseason....

but anyway, gl to all on the rest of the playoffs...hope I can cash the colts tonight to atleast split the plays for the day....still liking the rest of the road team for the playoffs and most likely will be on both of them tommorow...

GL to all:thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                        X