No announcement yet.

these officials are absolutely terrible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive never understood the right and wrong side of a bet. It seems to me the team that covers is/was cleary the right side. If not that team would not have covered.:thumbs:

Games are played for 60 or more minutes and anything can happen. The right side is the side that covers:sm:

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
      Ive never understood the right and wrong side of a bet. It seems to me the team that covers is/was cleary the right side. If not that team would not have covered.:thumbs:

Games are played for 60 or more minutes and anything can happen. The right side is the side that covers:sm:
      :thumbs:

Comment

LMAO Thats why I love threads! Pittsburgh did not dominate that game! They were lucky to get a win! Everyone keeps talkinga about offense. What the ****!!! Baltimore = Defense... Not Offense!!! Joey doesnt throw a pick and Baltimore covers! Bottom Line!
        "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comment

guess you didn't see how pitt gagged away a fg at the end of the 1st half, or limas sweed dropped a WIDE OPEN td. Ravens generated NO OFFENSE. At all. You have to score to win games. The ravens didn't even move the ball. Your point is ludicrous--did you expect the ravens D to score enough points to win that game? In case you haven't been paying attention, the Steelers D is statistically better than the ravens D. Add to that a capable offense, and the Steelers were just the right play in that game. At no time in that contest did it seem pitt was the wrong play. The ravens score a gift wrapped TD late to put it in doubt, and Flacco gave it back appropriately.

The story of the game was pitt squandering opportunities, not the ravens playing great and holding pitt back. If you can't see that the ravens have no offense, or that doesn't matter to you, then there is no point in arguing. Pretty sure that 99% of folks watching that game would disagree with you and good ole flyersfan. Guess you guys are just more enlightened than the rest of us.

Comment

Pittsburgh completely dominated that game, and was clearly the correct side.

The only good thing that came out of it is that now i shouldn't have to hear one more person whine and cry that the Steelers get all the calls, because without the 2 P.I. calls, a long punt return and a shanked punt that set them up, Baltimore would have never sniffed the end zone. It was more than obvious they could have played all night and into today and that Baltimore offense was going nowhere without the benefit of a penalty call or a lucky big play.

As far as you guys saying that the "side the covers is always the right side", i'm just not sure what to say to that. I find it hard to believe that you've never been on a game where you felt lucky as hell to get a cover, or ripped off in not covering.

Here's a great example....Baltimore was without a shadow of a doubt the wrong side last week against Tennessee, but still they won, and covered. I was on Baltimore, and I said it right after the game that I was extremely lucky to get the cover. There is just no way that anyone could have handicapped a team like Tennessee who didn't really turn the ball over all year and was among the league leaders in turnover differential to have a -4 ratio or whatever it was, including twice in the red zone (once at the 1 yard line) that kept multiple points off the board, and kept that game from resulting on the scoreboard in what it was on the field, a Tennessee domination.

Comment

:beer2:

Comment

Yeah, I agree with everything you said, Stif. And I do believe there are lucky wins, and unlucky losses, obviously. I was more just giving the thumbs up to Larry to try and give this thread a break already. lol. I don't think people giving their views on how the game played out should be called fuken idiots! By a mod no less...JMO. Especially when his view was the view of most. People were just bickering...lol.

I do agree with you that the Steelers were the right side....never was I worried that Baltimore was going to "move the ball" on the Steelers defence. Maybe I had that feeling cause I wasn't laying any points...lol...but I definitely felt Pitt was a much better team...

GL to everyone in the SB!! :thumbs:
                Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 01-19-2009, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Okay Congratulations Homers on your Pittsburgh Steeler Winner!!!! Seems everyone had them. Everyone is missing my point so I'm done with it. You guys are right Pittsburgh is the better team and I have no idea why Baltimore even showed up! Hell I just heard Arizona is thinking about taking the loser check and not showing! See all you arm chair Coaches in the SB!!!!

Pittsburgh by 35 or if not they should have win by 35...

BB:laughing:
                  "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comment

Now I know why the same guys who analyze the games in the pre game show don't have a post game show!!!!!

Comment

yeah, i'd say calling me a '****en idiot' is a bit out of line, but it's cool. you have your view of how the game went, i have mine. that's why America is so great! now if we could just get past spending 150 million dollars for Obama's inauguration...

but that's a whole 'nother story!
                      MLB '09 YTD (9-1-0) +11.36 Units

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post

:beer2:
                        What is this....Oh the Domination Log! WOW I guess I stand corrected! Thank you and I'm sorry. When I'm wrong I will admit it!

BB:thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Barooooooo View Post
                          What is this....Oh the Domination Log! WOW I guess I stand corrected! Thank you and I'm sorry. When I'm wrong I will admit it!

BB:thumbs:
                          Domination? :ohman:

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
                            Domination? :ohman:
                            Complete!

Comment

I feel lucky everytime I win and unlucky everytime I lose. Like I was lucky that Polamalu intercepted that pass and took it in for a TD and Cover, as I was unlucky that Sweed cannot catch as that was a sure TD he dropped. I know I was lucky that Fitzgerald put himself in the position for 4 TD in the 1st half against the Eagles, as I was unlucky that the Eagles played so well in the 2nd half to almost blow that cover. It is all about the four leaf clover, and Locks!Best of Luck to the team you bet on in the Superbowl:thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X