Never too early to chat Fantasy...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never too early to chat Fantasy...

Well, the best time of year is around the corner and I can't go to sleep so figure I would post some nonsense and stir up some excitement:beer2:

Throw your predictions, sleepers, busts, teams you think will suck and those that will thrive....anything

I'll start...

I first wanna say that I think the lions will be lucky to win 3 games this season and matt=bust. That just goes to show how good a receiver Calvin is, putting up those numbers with three different QBs last year. But thats all for them.

- I feel S Jax, if he stays healthly, will produce some good numbers and get in double digit TDs. I mean the rams actually have some decent young talent, they cant keep sucking this bad. Can they?

- Of course everyone will be on the MJD train with the fact that there is no more Fred Taylor and from the looks of it, Garrard is on the down slope of his career(I see him struggling alot the coming season). Jones-Drew averages a TD every 17 touches if I'm not mistaken and he will be valuable to have in an RB1 slot.

Some other top RB picks for obvious reasons will probably be: M. Turner, D. Williams, AP, Westy, Forte, and etc...

- Some wide recievers I like are Greg Jennings (I think Aaron is gonna play a lot more comfortable this year and this is a good target) , Calvin (I had him last season and he is a beast, just dunno about the QB), and Patrick Crayton. Thinking he steps his game up this season and with TO out of that locker room, maybe they can actually get some work done around there (good luck Bills locker room, no more peace:welcome:) Even though Roy Williams is in the slot too, I just don't trust him to come up big.

One sleeper I am predicting is Sidney Rice...I see him getting the most touches on that team and being a playmaker. Only problem, who's throwin' the ball??? I hope it's Tavaris because once he starts clicking, its actually fun to watch. Another one I have a gut feeling toward is Kevin Walter. I see 8-9 TDs out of him and with defenses focus on Andre, he should get the looks he needs to do so. He has a great WR IQ and the texans are full of talent.

This is just some thoughts off top of my head...getting pumped for FF:beerbang:

discuss....
    "Assumption is the mother of all f**k-ups!"

Also going to say the Bucs are going to compete with the Lions for worst record...

New QB, RB, Coach, Management...just doesn't seem like they are gonna have a fun season ahead of them:help:

Comment

Some sleepers I've been mulling over at each position:

qb: jemarcus russell, Carson Palmer and Shaun Hill. I also think Brett Favre will play for minnesota, but probably wont be a great fantasy guy.

rb: knowshon moreno, cedric benson, jerome harrison

WR: Vincent Jackson (debatable), kenny britt, juaquin iglesias, brian robiskie,Steve Smith-nyg

TE: Zach Miller,Chase Coffman, Vernon Davis.

Some guys in no particlar order who I think will have bad seasons: jake delhomme, Kurt Warner, mjd, thomas jones and joe flacco.

I think the Saints drasticly improve this season and make the playoffs. I think Arizona fades fast back to reality at .500 or less. I'll take SF from the West to win that division. Love their chances. I think Cincinnati will surprise people, especially on defense. Carolina will not make the playoffs. Houston should also be really good, I could see the Colts struggling with the strength of their division now and the new coaching staff.

Comment

Some I can agree with, but I first have to say for the past 4-5 years Vernon Davis is nothing more than an athlete on the field. He's been useless and IMO should no longer be in the NFL (this coming from a hardcore ACC fan too)

Shaun Hill...I think he is going to be putting that ball in the air and with those youung recievers I think he will put up great numbers, maybe sleeper numbers and beat out a new staffed manning:hugegrin:

Benson...he's through and I feel will continue to play mediocre at best.

The thing is, the more I look over numbers and new rosters. I don't think this season is going to be a rookie showdown...I think we are going to see some exceptional veteran play with great majority. Only ones I have faith that might have good breakout years are Benie Wells and Hakeem Nicks.

TE: Witten will still be another target and even people think that he will be a focus of opposing def, crayton and austin are about to have a make or break season. I think Crayton for sure and he will take the pressure off Witten to continue doing what he's good at. However, I'm going to make a bold statement and say Owen Daniels will be in the top 3 FF TE this season.

As far as Cincy...Henry could be the sleeper there cause of the attention directed to Ocho with no Housh, but I don't ever turn my back on mr. Cinco:thumbs:.

Good thoughts Daws and I really like that Shaun Hill call, very much potential for him to have a great year.

Comment

I don't think it is going to be a rookie showdown either, I'm just saying I think some of the rookies I listed will contribute to some degree being worthy of a potential spot on a fantasy team throughout the season.

Comment

Slaton :thumbs:
            Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

i think it would be wise to avoid clinton portis this yr. he and zorn aare not on the same page and ive heard that portis is not happy with the situation in washington.

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post

Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

here's a little proposition for you guys. I am in a keeper league. We get to keep 2 guys. RB and WR points are dead equal. QB's get a pt for every 50 passing yards and 6 pts for tds. RB and WR get 2 pt for 15 yards and 6 pts for TDs. INT and Fumbles are -2.

Which two would you keep and why?

Drew Brees
                  Reggie Wayne
                  Larry Fitzgerald
                  Maurice Jones-Drew

Comment

Love Brees and Fitz, you can shore up RB in first couple of rounds in draft. I'm not a huge fan of MJD, but just by personal preference. Brees has a ton of tools and even losing Colston for several games last year still rocked. No statistics, but I do fairly well in FF.

I can't wait for FF either, spent about an hour watching highlights on nfl.com and youtube. :)
                    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
                    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
                    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
                    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
                    Updated on 01/13/18
                    ---
                    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

thanks at. i did choose fitz and brees. I wanted to see if anyone else really thought mjd was going to blow up this year. RBs are not really my strategy in FF though. I go for WR.

Comment

I too had success with wr in the league Rah had going. I think Jones Drew does go off this season but for a keeper league you have to go top wr in that spot. Brees is a no brainer, barring injury he'll produce.

Comment

Make no mistake, Roddy White is a great #1 that should have another monster season. I'm sure many will still overlook him or go the way of a bigger name player, despite his great 2008 season. Tied for most tds last season with Fitz...easily the best player on my losing fantasy team last season. I'll be looking at Bowe to put up good numbers for KC. Last season he had 86 catches 7 tds, I would venture to say he gets 10+tds this season, he has that playmaler ability. I also think Ted Ginn could be worth a roster spot, seems like he picked it up in the second half of the season and Miami will likely be looking at getting the ball his way.

Comment

So lets ressurect FF talk and get some thoughts and opinons on the upcoming 2010 season:

These are a few players I see being undervalued or steals in later rounds after the favs are taken:

- Jonhy Knox (WR), Sidney Rice (WR), Hines Ward (WR)

- Beanie Wells (RB), Jamaal Charles (RB)

- Schaub (QB), Hasselbeck (QB)

Comment

Honestly, there is a lot of crap out there this year. A ton of guys that I don't really want any part of. Tons of guys with little injuries already in training camp so you don't want to grab them as high as you might if they weren't hurt. Guys like Steve Smith-panthers, Lesean Mccoy, knowshon moreno. mccoy is not hurt but just don't want him.

Then there is vincent jackson and holmes who are suspended so I dont want them. There's not much that sticks out to me in rounds 3-6.

Comment

Working...
                              X