No announcement yet.

***Week 17 Discussion***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't seen a single mention of the Browns game. Any reason why they aren't one of the best bets on the board this week catching a ridiculous +6 at home against a massively overrated Steelers team?

There's no way the Browns don't bring it against a hated divisional rival, no matter the situation, and I'm really really not sold one bit on Pittsburgh as a team with the ability to blow teams out on the road this year...

I couldn't back Tennessee. They suck something fierce in just about all aspects of the game and Indy has been playing pretty well. Peyton puts up as many as necessary, imo, and I'm really not convinced Tennessee can score much or will be motivated to do so. I def have them on my list of teams who have quit.

Along with SD. I'll also be taking Denver, as unattractive as it is to play on those bums. Same reasoning as u-dog.

Maybe more thoughts in a bit if I get the chance...

Comment

MIN/DET- OK, so who is in the worse spot? Detroit or Minnesota?

Minny off an SU road win as a +14.5 dog....Detroit off 2 consecutive SU road wins as dogs?

Can I take them both to lose SU? LOL

Seriously though, anyone have a real reason why either side is a good (or bad) pick in that one? I see no possibility that the Lions don't show and try to end a real good season for them on a strong note....but laying points with them probably isn't too often a profitable thing to do. Is it here?

I can also get Miami at +6.5 right now at SIA and it seems worth a bet to me. They are not going to lay down for NE, and I doubt the Patsies play their starters the whole game with nothing to accomplish. As young as they are at most positions, the back ups have to have next to no experience and limited actual understanding of the systems due to lack of playing time. To think Bellicheat is going to risk injury to Brady to keep a home winning streak alive or get him to 4000 yards for the season is kind of reaching, imo.

Oakland +3.5 also seems like a good play @ KC, especially now with the distraction of tub of lard Weis leaving for Florida (wtf??). KC has been beating up on the absolute gutter dwellers of the NFL (Seattle, Arozona, Tennessee, etc) the last few weeks and the public seems to have them overrated right now because of it. I don't think the oddsmakers are fooled though, only offering +3.5 for Oakland @ big bad Arrowhead against a Chiefs team who the public seems to perceive as "rolling" after big wins over some putrid teams.

I also think Baltimore covers the -9.5/-10 this week against the Bungles. The line seems to suggest so (especially considering how well the Bungles have been ATS as dogs), and I could easily see Palmer tossing this one away with some picks. I think this game at the very least reeks of a game where Baltimore scores late to cover and **** Bungle backers, or just downright blows them of the field.

And (go ahead and laugh) the Bills are probably every bit as good as the Jets and their laughable D right now, weather the Jets start their players or not. Game is still off the board, i guess because it's unknown if Dirty Sanchez will start??

Atlanta has to be the squarest of the square bets this week, even laying over 2 TD's, but who the hell wants to back Carolina against an Atlanta defense in a must win and off a SU loss that is sure to force Claussen into some more ugly picks? Not me, although I really wish they'd shut up with calling Matt Ryan "Matty Ice"...that is without a doubt one of the douchiest things I've ever heard :puke:

NO/TB- Trying to figure out if the 'Aints are gonna show up for a full 60 or not is not on my plate considering that I don't think there's a single person out there that thinks Carolina will beat Atlanta SU. I do think the 'Aints would cover the -7.5 more often than not though IF they had something to gain by winning, and playing them 1H might be a decent play as they could look to get work for Brees and co. in for a half or so at least.

SF/ARIZ = :puke:FEST 2011. How could one predict who is gonna show up here? OR even if both teams do, who would cover this number?

Any thoughts on the GB/CHI game? I will be looking to back GB extensively in the playoffs (lines permitting, of course) as I think they are the best team in the NFC, and probably in the entire NFL. I don't think there's a team out there that can combine the defense GB has with the playmaking ability of a healthy Aaron Rodgers, and GB is going to be a real tough out, even on the road, and even in big rough and tough Atlanta where "Matty Ice :puke:" is 20-2 or whatever.

With that being said, I'm not sure laying -10 with them today presents any value today, does it? I know CHI has nothing to gain or lose (unless ATL loses, which we all know they're not going to) but who wants to go into the playoffs off a blowout loss to a team you might face again?

Philly/Dallas = :puke:fest #2 2011 imho. Who knows what's gonna happen there. I can't believe the Eagles are FAVORED. They have nothing to gain and Kolb at QB, with whom the Eagles were going nowhere fast. I'd feel better taking Dallas if they were favored, or at least if they were getting less than a FG.

HOU/JAX....a perennial tanker vs a team with potentially something to gain (but probably not realistically) and a horrid QB (Edwards) at the helm. Staying the hell away from the side, although like U-dog said, maybe the under is worth a look??

NYG/WASH - another game I don't care to try and figure out right now. It's making my head hurt just thinking about backing either Washington or Eli Manning.

SEA/STL - Looks like a spot to take all the pts you can get with SEA at least for a smallish bet. I think Seattle sucks total ass and the Lambs are the better team on a neutal field, but this just MIGHT be on of those spots where the "Seattle is tough at home" crap might come into play against a young team/rookie QB...and a riled up crowd whose team can make the playoffs and actually host a playoff game (so stupid) at 7-9 could force just enough mistakes to keep the Seachickens in this one.
      Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 01-02-2011, 09:42 AM.

Comment

I think the Lions are the play today. Looking like Favre will get the start, which at the moment is probably the worst thing Minny could do. 4 straight road games and on a short week, I definitely think the edge goes to the Lions.
        Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

regarding the Bills game, Fitz is a gametime decision. If he doesn't go, Brohm will get the start..... yikes!

Comment

Honestly I think the Jets win vs the Bills, even if they rest starters. I don't think they can afford to go into the postseason off another loss, and the Bills are so banged up. Waiting to see if Brohm gets the nod....

Comment

Apparently Branch, Welker, and Hernandez are all out today for the Pats
              Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Holy hell.....Edelman looks like a damn all pro today
                Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Working...
                X