NHLRS Thursday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHLRS Thursday

1-0 Wednesday...ugly game between the Caps and Avs...i swear everytime i watch part of a caps game it's brutal....

TAM +100...........see if they can put 2 together in a row.....PIT has won 7 in a row which will end eventually and why not tonight...plus they have beaten 2 really struggling teams in buffalo and florida twice and washingon and struggling toronto in other ones....not exactly beating up on Ottawa, Detroit, New Jersey etc.......great value in the number here, IMO as well.

PHI +125..........couple teams going in different directions and PHI should get a HUGE lift (mostly emotionally and mentally) from the return of Gagne. Smyth, Kappanen and Upshall all skated Wednesday and COULD play as well. PHI is a streaky team and is streaking the right way at this point in the season (or wrong way if you are JML..lol). NYR have lost 4 in a row and have all kinds of injuries. Straka and Avery are both out and Shanny is playing very dinged up and played limited minutes on the 4th line in their game vs. Tampa Bay. PHI is actually 13-10 on the road this year.

anyone else like EDM tomorrow? -115 is pretty cheap IMO. Brodeur is a sick 6-1 1.26GAA L7 games or i might look at CAR.

GL to everyone!
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 01-10-2008, 12:58 AM.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

GL...I like that PHI play...probably add that! Hopefully Gagne/Briere click right away...and the price is right at +120...

Pitt's too hot and TB too cold for me to back either team, as I can see nothing changing, and Pitt getting the win. Scary with those offensive players of the Pens facing that horrible TB defence and goaltending. But yeah....Pitt can't win 'em all...so you might be right! no play for me though.

I'll be playing the Leafs +115 tomorrow. (glutton? lol) No way should LA be favoured against anyone lately. Pick'em maybe. They have been giving up a TON of goals, and the Leafs are due for some goals. Tough to get those goals on the first game of a Western roadie against the good defensive Ducks! Should be like night and day tomorrow. And as a dog to boot. The b2b doesn't bother me in this one as it's so close a distance, and the extra day to get acclimated the Pacific TZ might even help the team. Leafs by 2-3 tomorrow, IMO. I like the over in that one too...as we get 2 teams with no defence (especially if the Leafs are forced to go back to Raycroft on the b2b), and two teams (in theory) with some good scorers....that are due to break out (especcially Toronto's top lines). Seems like 5-3 type game.

Like the Blues as well....a very good home team, playing the Stars on a road b2b. Stars won against the hapless Hawks tonight... It'll be tougher for that injured lineup tomorrow, facing the rested Blues at home, IMO...

My card looks to tentatively be Flyers ML, Tor ML, STL ML and maybe double-dipping on a Tor Over. I'm also looking hard at the Habs as well for some reason...and all games pending goaliepost.com info tomorrow....

GL! And nice to see you back in here....lI need your help to turn my season around....let's get on a roll like last year!! :thumbs:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 01-10-2008, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
      GL...I like that PHI play...probably add that! Hopefully Gagne/Briere click right away...and the price is right at +120...

Pitt's too hot and TB too cold for me to back either team, as I can see nothing changing, and Pitt getting the win. Scary with those offensive players of the Pens facing that horrible TB defence and goaltending. But yeah....Pitt can't win 'em all...so you might be right! no play for me though.

I'll be playing the Leafs +115 tomorrow. (glutton? lol) No way should LA be favoured against anyone lately. Pick'em maybe. They have been giving up a TON of goals, and the Leafs are due for some goals. Tough to get those goals on the first game of a Western roadie against the good defensive Ducks! Should be like night and day tomorrow. And as a dog to boot. The b2b doesn't bother me in this one as it's so close a distance, and the extra day to get acclimated the Pacific TZ might even help the team. Leafs by 2-3 tomorrow, IMO. I like the over in that one too...as we get 2 teams with no defence (especially if the Leafs are forced to go back to Raycroft on the b2b), and two teams (in theory) with some good scorers....that are due to break out (especcially Toronto's top lines). Seems like 5-3 type game.

Like the Blues as well....a very good home team, playing the Stars on a road b2b. Stars won against the hapless Hawks tonight... It'll be tougher for that injured lineup tomorrow, facing the rested Blues at home, IMO...

My card looks to tentatively be Flyers ML, Tor ML, STL ML and maybe double-dipping on a Tor Over. I'm also looking hard at the Habs as well for some reason...and all games pending goaliepost.com info tomorrow....

GL! And nice to see you back in here....lI need your help to turn my season around....let's get on a roll like last year!! :thumbs:

JML- THX!...i will be on STL....the DAL game wasn't over when i was posting and i wanted to see what that result was before i put in a play. You know me and TOR...lol...i think i am about 1-24 in my last 25 games with them. I like the Over3 -110 with TOR. Not juiced and if TOR can't score 3 goals on the Kings, especially after the pitiful outing tonight, i don't know what to say. And i know on the TAM play, but honestly PIT hasn't beaten a playoff team in their L6 games with wins over Buf x 2, Florida x 2, Toronto and Washington.....and all of those teams have been playing brutal hockey. Yeah, would be nice to string some together. Washington was a good start last night....:thumbs:

STL -145................same as JML's thoughts above.

TOR Over3 -110.....thoughts directly above on this one.

still looking at EDM tomorrow at -115...line is falling from -125. only thing that scares me is PHX is much better on the road than at home believe it or not......

GL to everyone!
      Last edited by FlyersFan; 01-10-2008, 12:59 AM.

Comment

There's no way I'd be on the Leafs. I think it's pretty clear the West is WAY BETTER than the East and I think LA is favoured for a reason. If the Kings had beaten Nashville 7-0, then maybe this is a letdown game. But after that horrendous outing, I see a good effort from them. Time will tell.

GL guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
          There's no way I'd be on the Leafs. I think it's pretty clear the West is WAY BETTER than the East and I think LA is favoured for a reason. If the Kings had beaten Nashville 7-0, then maybe this is a letdown game. But after that horrendous outing, I see a good effort from them. Time will tell.

GL guys.
          Angelus- THX!....i would never be on the Leafs even if the west wasn't better....lol...i never get a leafs game right. Both teams coming off shutouts should provide some offense. I do like TOR to get 3 on LA whether they win or not is another story.

you don't have any thoughts on your OILCAN vs. PHX??

Comment

PHX will win.:beerbang:
            GO!! ARGOS!!!....
            R.I.P #21
            2007-08 NBA Thu January 31: 25-13 Record [65%][+286.93units]

Comment

Originally posted by BossE View Post
              PHX will win.:beerbang:
              any particular reasoning why....:dunno:

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                Angelus- THX!....i would never be on the Leafs even if the west wasn't better....lol...i never get a leafs game right. Both teams coming off shutouts should provide some offense. I do like TOR to get 3 on LA whether they win or not is another story.

you don't have any thoughts on your OILCAN vs. PHX??
                I've been making some nice coin by taking the Yotes away from home. They've been deadly on the road ever since picking up Bryz.

The Oilers have been playing some decent hockey lately though. Hemsky has 4 points in two games since coming back from being injured and Garon has been outstanding in every way. I'm thinking the OT prop might be a good bet here...

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
                  I've been making some nice coin by taking the Yotes away from home. They've been deadly on the road ever since picking up Bryz.

The Oilers have been playing some decent hockey lately though. Hemsky has 4 points in two games since coming back from being injured and Garon has been outstanding in every way. I'm thinking the OT prop might be a good bet here...
                  yeah, i agree with all of that. Thing of it is, EDM is a completely different team with Hemsky. Horcoff can't play without the guy apparently. He goes from a 2 point a game guy with him to a bunch of zeroes without him. Souray is playing and that other young D-man they have in EDM has been good as well....and Garon has been good in net...not great but good.......i mean -110/-115 for EDM at home tonight is a great price and i don't see much value in PHX -105/-110...i mean if you are playing a team like PHX (even though they are a good road team) i would want a little better value than that. Going to check and see who is in net before i make a final decision. Other thing that bothers me is that PHX is so streaky....won 4, lost 3, won 5......and they've won 5 in a row. But then again, PHX has won 5 in a row...lol....and quite frankly they haven't beaten any premiere teams in the run. COL x 2 who is a complete mess without Sakic and Smyth, CHI who is just a mess, ANA who is also a mess and CAL.......thing about it is, EDM has been very impressive, IMO, in B2B home wins over NYI and NYR and they seem to be a different team with Hemsky.

Comment

What he means is, PHX will win about 48.15% of the time. :gulp:

Comment

I like the Oilers tonight. They have been playing well, plus Winning 2 games in Alberta is tough. Plus streaks have to end sometime, right?

I might wait and see if Garon is net tonight, he should be tho, as he has been playing well. With Hemsky back, the powerplay is much better. And Souray has been booming his shot from the point lately, 2 posts and a crossbar in last 2 games. With their emotional leader Moreau back they have been playing well.

Plus good value on the home team. And anytime Gretzky is back in town it's a great atmosphere.

I also like St. Louis tonight, b2b games on the road is tough especially when you are playing a pretty good team and a good home team.

I like Philly tonight. They are playing well and get lots of players back, while the rangers are without Straka and Avery for sure, and Shanny is playing very hurt.

Comment

ANA who is also a mess
                        Ducks are a mess?? they've won 8 of their last 13, including 2 straight blowouts! Although that was against Toronto! lol

I actually think they repeat this year.....that defence is sick, and even better than last year with the addition of Schnieder to Pronger/Niedermayer/Beuchimen. Brian Burke will pick up another scorer (Sundin) for the playoff run, and I think that with that defence, and the strong goaltending, they will pull it out again.. having Neidermayer hitting his stride in May isn't a bad thing either....having missed the first two months.

Comment

Ducks are a mess?? they've won 8 of their last 13, including 2 straight blowouts! Although that was against Toronto! lol

I actually think they repeat this year.....that defence is sick, and even better than last year with the addition of Schnieder to Pronger/Niedermayer/Beuchimen. Brian Burke will pick up another scorer (Sundin) for the playoff run, and I think that with that defence, and the strong goaltending, they will pull it out again.. having Neidermayer hitting his stride in May isn't a bad thing either....having missed the first two months.
                          they are 11-8 in their L19 games have beaten NAS, TOR, BUF, CHI x2, EDM, CBJ x2, COL, SJ x2....only 1 of those teams is even in the playoffs......and they have lost to virtually every playoff team they have played since DEC 1st....their losses were....VAN x 2, MIN, SJ, CAL, NAS, EDM, PHX.....no wins over DAL, DET, VAN...the top teams in the west.......

i watch them play regularly and i guess "a mess" was the wrong choice of words, but they really haven't beaten anyone since DEC 1st......except SAN when they played them 3 times in a week and took 2 out of 3.......we'll find out how good they are in their next 8 games vs. DAL x 2, DET, MIN x 2, LAK, NAS and SJ
                          Last edited by FlyersFan; 01-10-2008, 04:54 PM.

Comment

If you really believe that, you can probably get some decent futures on them right now...

Comment

they are 11-8 in their L19 games have beaten NAS, TOR, BUF, CHI x2, EDM, CBJ x2, COL, SJ x2....only 1 of those teams is even in the playoffs......and they have lost to virtually every playoff team they have played since DEC 1st....their losses were....VAN x 2, MIN, SJ, CAL, NAS, EDM, PHX.....no wins over DAL, DET, VAN...the top teams in the west.......

i watch them play regularly and i guess "a mess" was the wrong choice of words, but they really haven't beaten anyone since DEC 1st......except SAN when they played them 3 times in a week and took 2 out of 3.......we'll find out how good they are in their next 8 games vs. DAL x 2, DET, MIN x 2, LAK, NAS and SJ
                              Well...Scott Niedermayer has only been back for 12 games...thats really why I did the last 8 of 13 stat, as all the games before that really weren't the real Ducks team. He's getting better and better, and they will be there in the end with that insane defence...IMO. And bank on the fact that Burke will get another scorer before it's all said and done...

GL tonight....let's get 'em!! :beerbang:

Comment

Working...
                              X