• JML Monday >>>

YTD: 59-79, -41.37 Units

Hurricanes +111 vs Islanders
    Hunch...

2 Units

Adding a night game too...

Predators -130
    vs Blues
    A rare double home game against the same team for the Preds....must be a tough spot for the Blues...I see the Preds winning again....Blues struggling lately, and Legace is not 100%...

2 Units

GL :thumbs:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 01-21-2008, 04:36 PM. Reason: Added...

FF...interesting article today....good trade for both teams, IMO.....Sundin might put Philly over the top in the weak east....

TorontoSun.com - Hockey - Taking a Flyer on Sundin?

Comment

****...wanted to play Phoenix today, with Thibault starting for the Sabres, and Buffalo on an East to West trip....but missed the starting time by a few minutes b/c of work....that one is guranteed to win now! lol :bang:

Canes come back and win though :thumbs:

Comment

Why are there afternoon games today? I had no idea...

Comment

Martin Luther King Day holiday in the states...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
            Ah...I'm an idiot...

Carry on. GL!

Comment

FF...interesting article today....good trade for both teams, IMO.....Sundin might put Philly over the top in the weak east....

TorontoSun.com - Hockey - Taking a Flyer on Sundin?
              isn't Carter an RFA after this season? the way teams are poaching on rfas I wouldn't want a piece of him. Sounds like philly is gonna let him walk in the offseason to any team willing to give up the picks anyway so I could see this happening. His trade value + a first is under what I think the leafs could get for Sundin. Im a bit biased tho, my teams reportedly in the running.

Comment

funny thing is that outside of the government, nobody even recognizes the holiday. just another "government" holiday here in the states. 95% of the country is working today that hold non government jobs

as for Sundin, mlehhhhhhhhhh.....not sure why PHI needs to make that trade. They have the top PP in the league already, they have 2 great centers already in Richards and Briere and Carter's line has been playing well. You're not going to break up the chemistry between briere and Gagne, so are you going to pick him up to play with Kappanen and Cote??..........other than depth or insurance for an injury to a centerman, not sure why you need to make that trade.

GL!......played PHX and Nashville......:thumbs:
                I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

I totally slacked in noticing there were early games today lol I'll tail ya on the preds jml.

Comment

[QUOTE=FlyersFan;125115]funny thing is that outside of the government, nobody even recognizes the holiday. just another "government" holiday here in the states. 95% of the country is working today that hold non government jobs

QUOTE]

Other folks with the day off include any school system in a Big City and of course the UAW:thumbs:

Oh yeah, GL JML

Comment

Well...they'd do it for depth, FF....that's why they are hard after Forsberg too. You can never have enough scoring up front, and I think the Flyers brass see this as a year that the run to the cup in the east is doable, with teams having down years, and the Sens vulnerable. Sundin or someone else could move to the wing if Forsberg or Sundin come. Briere and Richards are nice little players, but sorry, they become the 2nd and 3rd best centres on that team if Sundin arrives, and like I say...depth is always welcome come playoff time...

Don't think it happens anyway...because Philly continues to play well, so like you say, why tinker...when the chemistry seems right up front.....and also flm is right, it would take more (especially when you see what much lesser players got at the DL last year!), and Philly would likely balk at another young player added to the deal. And, anyway....that would be the last place I would want to see Mats (besides Ottawa)...lol...just thought it was an interesting article, as that writer out of Ottawa usually is bang on, and it was the first time I have seen Philly mentioned...

From the talk it looks like Vancouver, Calgary and Detroit are the ones snooping around the hardest if Sundin becomes available, with Philly and Anaheim kicking tires as well. He goes to Detroit or Anaheim, mail in the cup, IMO.

From rumours...if Sundin does go, HIS choice would be Vancouver...
                      Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 01-21-2008, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Well...they'd do it for depth, FF....that's why they are hard after Forsberg too. You can never have enough scoring up front, and I think the Flyers brass see this as a year that the run to the cup in the east is doable, with teams having down years, and the Sens vulnerable. Sundin or someone else could move to the wing if Forsberg or Sundin come. Briere and Richards are nice little players, but sorry, they become the 2nd and 3rd best centres on that team if Sundin arrives, and like I say...depth is always welcome come playoff time...

Don't think it happens anyway...because Philly continues to play well, so like you say, why tinker...when the chemistry seems right.....and also flm is right, it would take more, and Philly would likely balk at another young player added to the deal. And, anyway....that would be the last place I would want to see Mats (besides Ottawa)...lol...just thought is waqs an interesting article, as that writer out of Ottawa usually is bang on, and it was the first time I have seen Philly mentioned...

From the talk it looks like Vancouver, Calgary and Detroit are the ones snooping around the hardest if Sundin becomes available, with Philly and Anaheim kicking tires as well. He goes to Detroit or Anaheim, mail in the cup, IMO.

From rumours...if Sundin does go, HIS choice would be Vancouver...
                        JML- was never implying that Sundin wasn't as good as Richards or Briere....he is a HOF centerman. I guess my main point was that it's not just about having the all 2003 Topps All Star Bubble Gum Card roster....just look at the NYR. A lot of hockey is about chemistry, and dumb as it may sound.....if you get rid of a guy like Carter during the season and then start messing with chemisty in line combos, the team could go south. I think a good dressing room and chemistry on the ice are some of the most important things in hockey. And sometimes making a move can actually hurt a team, even if it is bringing in a guy like Sundin. Now on paper, who wouldn't want Sundin over Carter.

larry- i consider schools part of the government since they are state run. and what a shocker....the union has a day off....:laughing:
                        I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

I totally agree...FF.....although sometimes it puts you over the edge, and only hurts your future...tough to say....takes balls to take a run sometimes....I would keep Briere/gagne together, and play Richards or Sundin on 2nd line wing....but, yeah...speculation, and I don't think Philly is a good fit at all, as opposed to say Vancouver or Anaheim where they need front line scoring in a big way...and Detroit...well, that would seal it, IMO...and Sundin would fit in with all those Swedes in Detroit prefectly...

I can't believe I missed that Phoenix play...it was my favourite of the day....and I had it selected with the Carolina play in the morning for 3 units, but I held back to make sure that Thibault was playing....then got busy with work, and didn't log into Pinny until the game was a few minutes in .... thats the way it goes....lmao...
                          Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 01-21-2008, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Capitals +115 vs Penguins

2 Units

Comment

:thx:

Comment

Working...
                              X