No announcement yet.

JML Tuesday >>>

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1-1, both teams skating hard tonight...should be a very good game....:thumbs:....hopefully they keep scoring the the overs
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
      JML- had the XM on all day today in the car.......knew you would be pumped. From what i hear, there is more going on than the GM problems. Apparently there is some kind of power struggle on the board and they are having their issues, as well.

He had to go before the trade deadline and i figured he would as i said last week. You can't have him making deadline decisions if he hasn't done anything right to date. And i think that also signals FIRE SALE in Toronto or they would have kept him until the end of the season. If you weren't planning on making any moves, then why bother to can him now. But to get rid of him before the upcoming deadline i think means they are going to try and unload as much as they can....ala PHI last year.
      Fire Sale for sure. they pretty much said that at the press conference, and Cliff Fletcher has pretty much said that in interviews. That's why he was hired....to gut the team, and get the incoming GM a clean slate to play with. The power struggle was because they hired an young inexperienced GM last time, and after a few down years, didn't trust him anymore. That's over with. The new guy gets the GM and president role, and they say all the decisions are his. Although the 2 main guys on the board Peddie and Tanenbaum are said to be at odds....yeah.....but once a new guy is hired to run things, that will be a non-issue, as they won't have to stick their beaks in like they had to do with Fergie....They say they are going to hire a proven winner and BIG name to take over, much like they did with Colangelo with the Raptors. He has all the say in basletball decisions, and the new Leafs GM/Pres will have the same aparenntely. They can also pretty well pick and choose any of the big names, as the Leafs head job is the most prestigious in the hockey world. Early rumour is Jim Rutherford from Carolina....and word is he even has an escape clause out of his current contract only if the Leafs job opens up.

It's going to be an interesting month, then even more interesting off-season around here. Sundin is going somewhere....Fletcher will get it done..

Comment

i played way too much in the PHI game...PHI, PHI Over and Over.....watch PHI lose 3-2....:laughing:......

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
          Fire Sale for sure. they pretty much said that at the press conference, and Cliff Fletcher has pretty much said that in interviews. That's why he was hired....to gut the team, and get the incoming GM a clean slate to play with. The power struggle was because they hired an young inexperienced GM last time, and after a few down years, didn't trust him anymore. That's over with. The new guy gets the GM and president role, and they say all the decisions are his. Although the 2 main guys on the board Peddie and Tanenbaum are said to be at odds....yeah.....but once a new guy is hired to run things, that will be a non-issue, as they won't have to stick their beaks in like they had to do with Fergie....They say they are going to hire a proven winner and BIG name to take over, much like they did with Colangelo with the Raptors. He has all the say in basletball decisions, and the new Leafs GM/Pres will have the same aparenntely. They can also pretty well pick and choose any of the big names, as the Leafs head job is the most prestigious in the hockey world. Early rumour is Jim Rutherford from Carolina....and word is he even has an escape clause out of his current contract only if the Leafs job opens up.

It's going to be an interesting month, then even more interesting off-season around here. Sundin is going somewhere....Fletcher will get it done..

you could have had scotty bowman over the summer...straight from the horse's mouth....guess they didn't want him......but yeah, will be interesting to see if they can shed some of those rediculous contracts on guys like McCabe, Blake and Raycroft

Comment

intersting....Avery is skating with Jagr and Gomez tonight

Comment

you could have had scotty bowman over the summer...straight from the horse's mouth....guess they didn't want him......but yeah, will be interesting to see if they can shed some of those rediculous contracts on guys like McCabe, Blake and Raycroft
              Personally I don't want Bowman....he's too old, IMO....and was always a better coach than a GM anyway. Need someone with a bit more youth, and some balls. Brian Burke is said to be #1 on the list, but he likes Anaheim too much, and would really clash with the Toronto media.

Comment

:thumbs: ......there wasn't a snowball's chance of a let down tonight.....they may still lose this one in the end, but it will be because the Devils outplayed them......not because PHI was flat.
                Yeah...never really meant letdown persee...cause that would never happen with these two....mostly meant Philly on a false sense of dominance with the winning streak, and blowout of Ottawa and Jeersay's crazy ownership of the Flyers this year, and years past. Just seemed like one of those games, where the less heralded rival coming into the game, a good team nobody's talking about, manages to get the win...as it means just as much to them...b/c they would take over 1st in the division themselves with a win...

As I type that...2-2 :beerbang:

Over's looking good :thumbs:
                Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 01-22-2008, 07:43 PM.

Comment

What a game, 3-2 now Good Guys!!!!

Devils power play finally has awoken.

Comment

Not watching, but looks like quite the game! 24 shots, 5 goals, fighting and roughing penalties.....3-2 Devils lead.....wow....

Comment

What a play by Oduya, wow. Bad change on the PP for the Fly Guys and Oduya made them pay for it.

:thumbs:

Comment

YTD: 64-80, -33.21 Units

2-1 for the day....Hit my two original plays...although the Calgary win was a little closer than expected....never should have added on the Sens....they seem lost, and goaltending looks to be a problem for them again...Can't believe they couldn't take care of lowly Florida....I'll take another positive day though...

:beerbang:

Comment

Working...
                        X