• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Friday NHL >>>

NHL YTD: 78-78, +6.53

Wild -160 vs Canucks - 3 Units

Flames -140 vs Blues - 2 Units

Avs/Stars OVER 5.5 -125 - 2 Units

JML- GL!...wow that MIN line has fallen. Saw it at -200 i believe yesterday evening. May make a play on that at -160 if i can find a short number.

i like STL tonight but we shall see....
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
      JML- GL!...wow that MIN line has fallen. Saw it at -200 i believe yesterday evening. May make a play on that at -160 if i can find a short number.

i like STL tonight but we shall see....
      yeah...I don't understand what's happening with that Minny number...at Pinny it opened at -191, and it's all the way down to -156. WTF. Did the Wild sign Robert Esche last night, and anoint him their starter going forward? lol.

There can't be any Vancouver money coming in the way they've been playing, and without Luongo, and on a b2b in a tough building. wtf? I was going to put my Wild play in last night, 'cause I figured it might move over -200. Glad I didn't, lol...

As for the Flames...just think their the much better team. They outplayed Dallas, but lost a close one, and had been playing great before that. They get back in the win column methinks. Blues are real injured, and miss McDonald and Kariya badly. No depth there at all. I mean, they have Alex Steen playing on their first line since coming over from the Leafs where he was getting 4th line minutes. huh?

Also...not that I usually put much stock in these kinda things, but I read somewhere that the FLames absolutely own the Blues recently, and Kiprusoff is 10-0-1, 1.97 GAA against them. :dunno:

GL!
      Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 12-05-2008, 12:53 PM.

Comment

yeah, dunno. I honestly think that the line was wayyyyyyyyy high for this game and has come back down to reality levels and was probably readjusted by the oddsmaker. I would have opened MIN about a -155 for the game. No way they deserve to be a -190 favorite over VAN. And VAN is still a good hockey club. Luongo or no Luongo. Not sure what you can read into their game vs. OsBad last night. He is such a giant collossal piece of **** this year that i think you, flmmrz and i could play him and have 3 point nights each. Going to wait it out and see what happens with the line. MIN also hasn't exactly been completely reliable at home lately over the past 3 weeks or so.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
          yeah, dunno. I honestly think that the line was wayyyyyyyyy high for this game and has come back down to reality levels and was probably readjusted by the oddsmaker. I would have opened MIN about a -155 for the game. No way they deserve to be a -190 favorite over VAN. And VAN is still a good hockey club. Luongo or no Luongo. Not sure what you can read into their game vs. OsBad last night. He is such a giant collossal piece of **** this year that i think you, flmmrz and i could play him and have 3 point nights each. Going to wait it out and see what happens with the line. MIN also hasn't exactly been completely reliable at home lately over the past 3 weeks or so.
          I agree... :thumbs:

Comment

shine it....im on board with the Not So Wild...hopefully they are wild tonight....but not in their own end...lol....

GL!...:thumbs:

Comment

gl tonight jml:thumbs:

I was tempted by my nuckers tonight, Schneiders good and the wild without Gaborik are an easy team to defend, juicy price on them but just staying a fan tonight.

Comment

Yeah...I don't know about that, FLM....Gaborik is really a non-issue....he hasn't played all year, and the Wild have posted a very nice 15-8-1 record this year in his absence. Plus, we all know they have been one of the best home teams in the league every year. As for Schneider...I think he's actually struggled so far, and he surely isn't half the goalie Backstrom is right now...

GL on your plays...

Comment

looks like you were right about the canucks tonight, flm :beer2:

Comment

lol was bound to be right about them eventually.

As for Minny, I wasn't trying to say they were a bad team without Gaborik. It's just a different squad without Gaborik, their talent outside Koivu plays a pretty much perimeter game. They rely more than ever on turnovers and special teams play cause they're without about the only guy on that roster that can create off the rush or drive to the net on a regular basis. Without him to account for the coverage assignments are a lot easier for opposing teams and the wild can become an easy team to play if they're not clicking on all cylinders. They are still a good team but not the same team without him despite the record imo.

You're right about Backstrom, he's a stud. As for Schneider, not even close to Backstrom yet but I was impressed with his play and then tonight I thought he made some huge saves. He's gonna be a starter in this league for sure. Sucks that it was at your bets expense but glad to see him get his first win.

Comment

Yeah..."they" say that Schneider is going to be just as good as Carey Price...

Canucks should trade him...he'd pull in some scoring talent....and he's behind Lunogo anyway...

Comment

Nonis had been dangling him in every offer he put out there but he was still a raw prospect. He finally put it together the last half of the season in the minors last year and picked up where he left off this season before being called up. Glad tbay didn't bite on him instead of Smith in the Richards deal. He could be part of a deal for a top 6 forward but I think Gillis is hoping on Sundin so they dont have to move him. Until Lui signs an extension I wouldn't want to part with him.

Comment

Working...
                        X