X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL saturday with flmmkrz

Couple road doggies locked in to start:

St Louis - 129 to win 4 units

Seems to be getting redundant to write it everytime but the stars are done and just riding out the season while the Blues are red hot. A 3 in 4 nighter for the blues but they got last night off and should be fine to go with such a narrow hold on 8th place. Also latest news has Turco injured and out while a few dmen draw in but that won't make up for the key loss of their number 1 tender and the blues form.

Vancouver -125 to win 4 units

Off the stunning news that Taylor Pyatt lost his fiancee, RIP Carly Bragnalo, I look for my team to be focused as they were on Bourdons tribute night. This is a very tight knit group and this tragedy will only serve to make them tighter. The team also wasn't happy with how they let the ducks get back into the game the other night and Lui wasn't thrilled with his play, look for a bounce back game from him. The oil are struggling and should see their playoff dreams come to an end in this one.

Duckies look very tempting as big juicy dogs, the way the ducks are scoring right now that o5.5 looks tempting too but these 2 havent played over in a while. Be back later with some more

GL everyone

GL!....i just don't like the STL spot here playing 3I4 all versus rivals from the old Norris Division. BUT...i do like STL and the fact that they are the favorite here i think is telling you something.

I do like VAN as well and will probably follow you on that one. I keep hearing every day how MacT is here, then he's not, then he's here.....i think that team is spiraling the wrong way on a fast track.

Also actually looking at playing PHI tomorrow night. I ended up playing them on the ML tonight small (1Unit). I wouldn't be shocked to see them go into OTT and come up with a W. I just always lose with PHI, though. I also like CBJ tomorrow at PK versus NAS. The fact that the line is PK really tells me that the oddsmaker favors CBJ. No Arnott, no Erat who was one of the hottest preds.....playing B2B. And CBJ needs points, too. They are trying to wrap up their first ever spot in the playoffs and haven't been focused lately. I would expect that to change in this one.

Probably when all is said and done lining up on VAN, STL, PHI, CBJ. And yeah, you're right about ANA looking juicy but they are due for a clunker....then again, why fade them at this point. Hot team playing a banged up team and the hot team needs points and the banged up one doesn't. May try ANA depending on how the day goes.

GL!...:thumbs:
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

ff - yeah the spot for the blues is concerning but better the 3 in 4 with a night off before the 4th game than have game 3 and 4 back to back if you gotta play it.

I was looking at cbj as well, might still make a play on them. The b2b isn't going to help that depleted roster any.

Sens are playing tough right now their forecheck gave the bruins fits the other night and they couldn't break out at all, luckily Thomas had yet another great game for the bs to get the win. They clog up the ice pretty well these days as well. Do you think the flyers have the discipline to break thru that? I know they got the skill up front anyway but can the dmen handle the pressure of the forecheck and make crisp outlet passes. I haven't seen enough flyers lately to answer that so I'm curious as to your take.

That line in the duckies game dropped big overnight, when I saw it I was getting +178 and it's down to +152, not quite as tempting but given their form it's hard to bet against them right now.

Adding:

Rangers + 149 x 1 unit

will add a unit if I find out Thomas isn't starting. Rangers need this win and play the B's tough, have all year. Good match up for them and they're getting healthier on the blueline which can only help.

Comment

PHI is just a very unpredictable team. Last night they get scoring from 3 lines and the worst line was probably the richards/gagne/knuble line as usual (though gagne has been hot the other 2 guys have been stiffs lately). Not sure who is in net tonight but PHI plays a much more disciplined game on the road usually. PHI is 3rd in the league in GA on the road at 2.66/game (home is a different story 26th at 3.06/game). Thinking the Under might be the best play in this game. PHI can't be happy with b2b defensive efforts and as you said, OTT has been clogging things up. OTT only gives up about 2.6GA at home. Think this has 3-2 written all over it. PHI D still does not impress me. Timonen is good geting things going but outside of that im not real impressed. They are trying to activate their D more and their D now has no goals in L21 games. But that is still a team that to me is built from the front to the back. All about getting speed in the neutral zone and getting in on the forecheck if they can't generate anything skating the puck in. It's kind of funny with PHI, you almost get the idea sometimes that the O and the D are not connected.

But again on PHI, they win when you think they won't and lose when you think they will win. Tonight is a perfect PHI spot where they go on the road and win 3-1 or something like that.

Comment

added the 2nd unit, Thomas is a go but go rags

in total: Rags +149 x 2 units

Comment

thx ff, tough to trust either philly tender to play an under game but I think I might just join you on taking them on the ml.

Comment

GL!...on the Rangers....i played the 1P under so we shall see...

And honestly, i do think PHI wins tonight.

GL!

Comment

There are some playoff matchups i don't want to see and BOS/NYR is certainly one of them. Binary code series....1-0, 1-0, 1-0, 1-0, 1-0.....what a yawner in BOS today.

The NYR have to be one of the worst and most boring teams to watch. Funny thing is i saw them play in SAN and they played one of the best periods of hockey in that 3P that i have seen a team play all year long. They dominated. It's like why don't they do that all the time?? :dunno:

I really would love to see NYR miss the playoffs alltogether. They are so boring and aren't going far anyway. Would much rather see FLA or BUF sneak into the 8 hole if possible. If they do get in i hope they get the 7 seed and matchup versus Washington. WAS will steamroll them and at least there will be some scoring.

Some good potential matchups pending. I actually think PHI/CAR would be a really entertaining series. Doesn't exactly resonate CHI versus DET in the Norris Division but would make for entertaining hockey none the less. MON/BOS would be a great O6 matchup in the 1st round. We'll see. I still think VAN takes their division.

Comment

this boston/rags game is absolute torture. I give it to the ranger they're trying today but Boston has completely slowed this game down to a standstill. No forecheck every guy back and clog it up. They got their 1 goal and they have no intention of scoring anymore.

I'd like to see the rags miss the playoffs too, Sather should be canned what a mess of a team he's put together. Redden to that contract? Drury has been a bust. Avery looks good out there. Buffalo would be fun in the playoffs, they got talent and Miller gives them a chance to win everynight, florida would be done if they snuck in.

Comment

Rags lose, what a horrid team, dominated time of possession but never looked like a threat to score.

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
                      Rags lose, what a horrid team, dominated time of possession but never looked like a threat to score.
                      they have too many figure skaters and not enough hockey players on that team. Drury, Naslund, Gomez, Zherdev....all figure skaters. Avery is the only guy offensively with any grit on that team that isn't a complete goon. I quit watching towards the end of the 2P. Knew it would end 1-0 as you said.

I ended up playing the Under1P in that NYR game, PHI, CBJ, STL and your VAN. Actually looking forward to that VAN/EDM game tonight. Sheldon Souray now has no points in 9 straight games and half the time looks like he doesn't even want to be there. Maybe Bieksa will kick his ass tonight.....:laughing:

Comment

gl tonight ff I joined you on philly. Was leaning hard on the jackets but Arnotts supposedly back tonight and Trotz is barking about how bad they need this one tonight, that team plays hard for him night in night out I think they'll battle tonight so im sitting it out.

really on the fence with a few. Phoenix has been just on fire and getting some nice odds vs a bad LA team, it's tempting. Leafs also look juicy at home, despite how badly they suck. The leafs have beat their ass all year and this may as well be the playoffs for the leafs, they'll want to stick it to the habs on hockey night. Buffalo possibly as well but nervous that jersey finally shaking the losing streak might build on it. Van did that, Boston did that, you slump and turn it around so not sure there.

I don't want Bieksa injuring a finger on Souray, I'd look forward to Rypien doing it, I love this kid, always injured but hits everything, gets lots of chances and fights all comers and hasn't lost one yet.

Comment

FYI.....Matt Climie....:dunno:...is going to make his NHL debut tonight for DAL. Not sure what to make of that. Hopefully he doesn't pull a Montoya from PHX and pitch a no no.

Comment

philly -110 to win 2 units

as per ff's thoughts, I agree with him and I'm tailing

Leafs/Habs o6 @ -135 to win 2 units

Should be back and forth action with lots of chances and goals. Both teams big time rivals so I don't expect either to lay back, habs pushing for the playoffs and leafs trying to wreck the dream. Books juicing a 6 this hard tells me they see it going the same way.

if both these go well I'll be letting the profit ride on the dogs and duckies later tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                              FYI.....Matt Climie....:dunno:...is going to make his NHL debut tonight for DAL. Not sure what to make of that. Hopefully he doesn't pull a Montoya from PHX and pitch a no no.
                              yeah I read that, Montoya was highly touted when he was picked and has always played against top talent so he was probably more nhl ready than Climie is. Climie is only starting cause Tobias Stephen is **** and they know it might as well see what they got with this kid. I'm not overly concerned with the way the blues are schooling nhl calibre tenders.

Comment

Working...
                              X