Saturday Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Discussion

STL with the big win on Friday to pay all of us and ANA up 1-0 at the time of this post.......2nd to last day of the season.........some big games again today.......lets keep it going...:thumbs:

sad thing is, a lot of these games mean nothing and i really can't get a vibe on games like WAS/FLA, SAN/LAK, BOS/BUF so probably leaving those alone.

PHI (reg) over NYI. Nitty will be in net and PHI flat out OWNS the NYI winning 9 in a row. Don't be fooled by the low goal output over the past couple of games. They should have beaten the Rangers about 400-2 in that last game if not for some posts, and a ton of big saves from the Rangers. PHI was in their end the entire 3P and having a bet on the Rangers in that game i was gripping it the whole way. They played a great 3P versus Florida last time out as well. NOT the last game for the NYI so that isn't a factor. PHI really needs a win here and i would expect them to run over the NYI. Definitely a play for me.

TOR -110..........i mean this game means nothing but these 2 teams hate each other and TOR is still playing hard. I never get a TOR game right and i would like to hear from JML on this one, but last game of the year at home versus OTT.......TOR seems like a nice play here despite it being for nothing.

VAN -200 (or reg)..............with Calgary leaking oil badly on Friday night the VAN have a chance to wrap up the 3rd seed. A bad DAL team just went into COL and got a win, not sure why this VAN team wouldn't leave with one. Plus payback from an AWFUL game about a week ago where COL manhandled them in VAN. Like this play in some form either ML or Regulation.

still not sure what some of these games like ANA/PHX and MIN/CBJ are going to mean so tough to guage those. CAL is down 3 defensemen and i really think they blast the Oilcan after losing on Friday (down 2-0 3P at the time of this post so assuming they lose) but really don't want to put money on them.

will update some more but i do like those plays and I would like to hear from our resident VAN and TOR experts on those plays.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

With MIN being eliminated and CBJ needing a point for 6th with the ANA win Friday I now like CBJ in that one. I think MIN will be flatter than a pancake and I would expect Hitch to have CBJ ready and focused to play a good game going into the playoffs. They were flat and rightfully so on Friday but today i think they should take the Wild at home.

Comment

I agree completely on philly, the isles are playing for Tavares and have no intention of keeping within 4 goals of anybody their last couple games to make sure of it.

The players in Van were happier with their defensive effort vs LA but still don't feel like they're back where they need to be and they weren't able to generate much offense vs the kings so they're looking for a good effort to kick start them into the playoffs. Going for the division, motivation will not be an issue and ultimately the talent should be too much for the avs. I'd take the regulation line though, Canucks blow in shootout and if its getting there it means they've probably pissed away the game. If the canucks are going to win it's going to be done in reg.

Edmonton might be a play tonight, as you pointed out the flamers are without 3 dmen and no Kipper tonight. Thats not confirmed yet though if he is out for sure then the +165 looks juicy vs a tender who hasn't gotten a win this season.

Cant believe im considering it but the wings kind of tempt me, they take a 3-1 lead on the preds and lose in a shootout in their own yard. If they're playing everybody then Babcock is going to demand they play a better game, they seemingly haven't in over a month. This is a b2b with the 2nd half played in Chicago tomorrow can't see the wings losing them both so I'll probably play them tonight and double it up if they lose for tomorrows game. Thoughts??

I dont want to touch the minny game, rumour is this could be Lemaires last game as the wild coach if he chooses to retire, I don't think any team he coaches would half ass it but especially with that possibly looming. I think they'll play hard and could give the jackets trouble. It's a coin flip game for me as I think the jackets are more than exstatic at just having made the playoffs

Comment

As for the NCAA Frozen Four Title game........I really don't see any value in taking BU at -265 today. They haven't played well and Miami(oh) is a very good and capapble hockey team. If anything I am going to grab Miami(oh) at +205, but the game to me is a toss up.

Betus with no regulation lines out again today. I think they are wise to what's going on in the NHL and are making you pay juice or nothing for these teams that are winning.

Going to run with these for sure today:

PHI -230..........thoughts above. NYI have a home game tomorrow so there shouldn't be much incentive here to play a lights out game. PHI has been good the last 4 periods and should be rewarded finally today with some goals and a win. If you can find a regulation line -1/2 i would play that. I don't have that option.

TOR -110.........unless JML can talk me out of this (but i think he has gone MIA) I am running with it. But i never win a TOR game so buyer beware.

VAN/COL Under5 1/2............both teams have been very stingy on defense lately. VAN just needs 1 point so i could see them grabbing a 3-1 end 2P lead and sitting on that thing the 3P. If you can get a VAN reg line it is worth a shot too. Just don't want to lay -240 today.

plays on the debate table....

CBJ -150.............duby in net tonight for CBJ maybe. But i don't see what fire MIN will bring to the game tonight. Game means a lot more to CBJ than MIN in terms of seeding and a positive vibe going into the playoffs. I don't think that the CBJ want to go into the playoffs off of 2 bad losses.

if anyone else sees anything they like feel free to post it. I am absolutely not touching any of the garbage games like ATL/TAM etc....
        Last edited by FlyersFan; 04-11-2009, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
          I agree completely on philly, the isles are playing for Tavares and have no intention of keeping within 4 goals of anybody their last couple games to make sure of it.

The players in Van were happier with their defensive effort vs LA but still don't feel like they're back where they need to be and they weren't able to generate much offense vs the kings so they're looking for a good effort to kick start them into the playoffs. Going for the division, motivation will not be an issue and ultimately the talent should be too much for the avs. I'd take the regulation line though, Canucks blow in shootout and if its getting there it means they've probably pissed away the game. If the canucks are going to win it's going to be done in reg.

Edmonton might be a play tonight, as you pointed out the flamers are without 3 dmen and no Kipper tonight. Thats not confirmed yet though if he is out for sure then the +165 looks juicy vs a tender who hasn't gotten a win this season.

Cant believe im considering it but the wings kind of tempt me, they take a 3-1 lead on the preds and lose in a shootout in their own yard. If they're playing everybody then Babcock is going to demand they play a better game, they seemingly haven't in over a month. This is a b2b with the 2nd half played in Chicago tomorrow can't see the wings losing them both so I'll probably play them tonight and double it up if they lose for tomorrows game. Thoughts??

I dont want to touch the minny game, rumour is this could be Lemaires last game as the wild coach if he chooses to retire, I don't think any team he coaches would half ass it but especially with that possibly looming. I think they'll play hard and could give the jackets trouble. It's a coin flip game for me as I think the jackets are more than exstatic at just having made the playoffs

thanks for the input. i may leave CBJ alone then. No hossa for the wings and i can't win a wings game to save my ass. I am steering clear of the EDM game UNLESS VAN clinches today (game is a day game) in which case i will back EDM most likely at those odds.

Comment

flmrrz- you have any thoughts on the TOR angle i brought up?

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
              flmrrz- you have any thoughts on the TOR angle i brought up?
              Im in the same position as you, I'm always on the wrong side of Leaf games. They hate each other but the sens are playing better hockey and have better talent, I can't find a convincing reason to take the leafs but I dont like the sens enough to take them either so unless JML has something to add that can sway me either way I'll probably sit it out.

Comment

I thought I should comment on the San Jose (-160) vs. LA Kings game. In my opinion that line is strange as SJ should be at least -200.. I'll take the Kings in this one
                2008-09 NCAABB YTD:+9.7 units
                2008-09 NBA YTD:+1.55 units
                2009 MLB YTD:+3.33 units
                ML:(32-27) +3.48 units
                Total O/U:(1-1) -.15 units
                *All plays risk 1 unit
                Updated as of 6/25/2009

Comment

Originally posted by PackAttack View Post
                  I thought I should comment on the San Jose (-160) vs. LA Kings game. In my opinion that line is strange as SJ should be at least -200.. I'll take the Kings in this one
                  GL!...with it...:thumbs:

i can't find an angle in any of these meaningless games. SAN has been playing terrible hockey lately and you would think would want some momentum or at least to play a good game going into the playoffs to feel good about. but then again i could see them flat today. but a no play for me.

Comment

Actually SJ isn't a meaningless game. They still haven't clinched the Presidents trophy (Bos can catch them), and all the interviews I've read is that they really want this game, and want home-ice throughout. Not to mention momentum has they've had some trouble scoring lately. The Sharks seem to be playing all their regulars, including Nabokov, and are going hard for the win. Add in the fact that SJ absolutely owns LA (5-0 this year), and the Kings are in the first game back home after a roadtrip, and I like the Sharks at an insanely low -150.

I'll be tailing the Flyers and Canucks plays for many of the reason stated above.

As for the Leafs....leaving it alone myself. I just don't see how I can guess who wins this one....and if I wqas forced to, I would have to lean to the team playing better hockey as of late...the Sens. They've got 7 points in their last 4 games down the stretch, and are 19-10-4 under Clouston. I actually think the value probably lies with OTT, beacause they are playing better, and the game is a pick'em. No play, as it would merely be a guess If I played it.

GL

Comment

I'll jump on the SAN tail today. They have been nothing short of awful lately. That is another game i might like Under as well.

Comment

omg flyers need to get their asses in gear, down 1-0 and totally outplayed this period. They're trying to follow the wings cruise into the playoffs strategy or something
                        Last edited by flmmkrz; 04-11-2009, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
                          omg flyers need to get their asses in gear, down 1-0 and totally outplayed this period. They're trying to follow the wings cruise into the playoffs strategy or something
                          :ohman:.....they had been playing really good hockey lately and im surprised they came out so flat. Typical for PHI, though. They couldn't play as hard as the Blues have played over a period of time if the franchise depended on it. They are a first round out, BTW...mark that one down. Defense and goaltending will let them down along with probably a couple of questionable efforts along the way.

Comment

VAN out of the box early with a 9-1 SOG advantage.

Since when did Budaj become Ken Dryden...:dunno:

PHI back to 1-1....they are the best 3P team in the league in goal differential and have played 2 very good 3P's lately...hopefully they can get out of this period tied or with the lead and then turn it on in the 3rd

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                              Defense and goaltending will let them down along with probably a couple of questionable efforts along the way.
                              what an atrocious goal by biron. short side and the guy just bascially poked it at the net and biron wasn't tight against the post and it goes in. If they bring that clown back next year i don't know what to say at that point. Get those golf clubs out Flyers....you'll need 'em in about 10 days.....

Comment

Working...
                              X