NHL Wed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
    yeah, sometimes something like that makes more of a difference to a team than you think. They NYR were a 1 line team with Nylander, Straka and Jagr playing together in the first 1/2 of the season. Shanny basically was on the 2nd line with scrubs. So they moved Straka down to the 2nd line and acquired Avery. The only way that works is if you don't have a drop off on your first line which they didn't. Hossa had some huge games down the stretch and as i said, he missed about the last 10 games or so of the season. He is one of those guys like Pyatt when they put him with the Sedins that all of a sudden flourishes when he is around guys who can make him better. There are guys in the NHL that have skills, but need someone to bring it out for them like Hossa with Jagr and Nylander.
    It's funny cause while I agree with Flyers that Hossa moving to that line was a key for the Rangers surge, all you hear about locally here is the Avery trade and no one mentions the byproduct of Hossa coming back and switching lines with Straka to balance the lines. Avery is like a god at MSG right now, and every Ranger fan who I am sure at some point cursed his existence and called him dirty etc etc, bows down to him right now.

I kinda of see what happened to the Devils last year happening to the Rangers. Go out in the first round and PUMMEL your opponent and look like the greatest team ever, and then lay an egg in the second round.

Comment

good start to round 2....

1-0 +3 units

Comment

:beerbang:
        Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Working...
        X