Hrmonious Playoffs Round 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hrmonious Playoffs Round 2

The double empty netter is in the past, good luck in the second round fellas!

SIDES: 13-12 (+1.70 units)
    TOTALS: 0-4 (-6.25 units)
    PLAYOFF SERIES: 4-2 (+4.00 units)
    PLAYOFF RECORD: 17-18 (-0.55 units)

PLAYOFF SERIES PRICES
    1 UNIT
    Senators (-160)
    Sharks (+110)

2 UNITS
    Ducks (-260)

Wednesday Night
    2 UNITS
    Ducks (-220). I believe it was Ang who said something along the lines of "if they can't score against Dallas than how are they gonna score against Niedermayer, Pronger, and Giggy" and I basically agree with that premise. While I think the series will be a bit more open compared to Dallas' style, I still expect the well rested Ducks to win the opener and take the series either 4-1 or 4-2 at worst.

:thumbs:

gl cuse! like the ducks as well tonight!

Comment

cusefan'smets/devilssuggestionboxwaiverwiremonitorguy- GL!...lets go Ducks.
      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

GL Cuse :thumbs:

Comment

Thursday

FF- Haha, nice touch with the "waiverwiremonitorguy"...

1 UNIT
          Senators (-110). Probably going to the game tonight, and quite honestly, I can't see the Devils going up 2-0 in the series. Brodeur has not been playing great and the Devils got by the Lightning with basically one line doing all their damage. I just think they are overmatched against the Senators depth. If they lose this one, I will more than likely just double up like FF has said because there's no godly way the Devils sweep them.

Senators/Devils OVER 5 (-125). I think a lot of these games will be of the 3-2, 4-3 variety which does not favor NJ.

Sharks (+130). Looking for the Sharks to take one of the two in Hockeytown, USGay. Holmstrom is banged up so they don't have to worry about his lumbering ass in front of the net, and if they can keep the 'Mini Avery instigator', Cleary, away from the crease and I like the Sharks chances tonight.

Comment

Just heard Patrik Elias is expected to be OUT for tonight's game with a head cold and/or flu bug.

Not sure if this is common knowledge or what, but figured I'd post it.

Comment

GL today Cuse :thumbs:
              Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Devils Fan ... Good Lord

I didn't read thru the 87 posts in the IN-GAME thread, but I was at the game last night and the Devils fans are a joke. I'm a Devils fan, but by no means a die-hard as I don't even own a jersey or t-shirt or hat (or anything really) but I noticed some things I found extremely SAD for a playoff game for a team that one could argue has been the most dominant team over the past decade in the NHL:

1- I don't know what they listed the attendance at but if there was 12-13,000 there that was A LOT. I understand CAA is 21,5000 capacity or something and filling it is not easy but holy ****. I actually told my buddy that I thought there was only about 9,000 there but he is a blinded Devil worshiper so he said 15,000 so I'll split the difference.

2- Road teams must love coming to play in NJ. The Devils were pretty dominant at home all year, but once the playoffs hit and the teams are evenly matched there is LESS THAN ZERO home ice advantage at CAA. More people were interested in watching a bird fly around atop the arena then the game.

3- Ray Emery is the worst goaltender of all time.

4- Devils analyst Chico Whatever passed us in the concourse area b/tw periods 1 and 2 and the ignorant North Jersey **** for brains "hockey fan" sitting behind me in the arena (and happened to be out there too now) yelled to him that Brodeur sucks (blasphemous in the building, BLASPHEMOUS) and Chico said no one would have stopped those top shelf shots. He actually stopped to talk and said 2 of them were absolutely perfect and the other was 98% perfect, and the first goal by Preissing was a redirect that there's not much you can do anything about. Anyway, I thought it was nice an announcer stopped to chat with the "village idiot".

5- Devils fans need to stop doing the RANGERS SUCK cheer 3 times a period when they aren't ******* playing the god damn Rangers!!!! Do they think Ranger fans hear them? How about they concentrate on the game and team at hand and act like people who know something about hockey?

6- It was on the other side of the ice, but Ang, JML, or FF (maybe one of you can tell me), wasn't that a penalty on Alfreddson for charging right before they scored the first goal? No one even saw the goal because we were in an uproar over the no call.. Just wondering if anyone saw it...S
                Last edited by CuseFan10; 04-27-2007, 10:32 AM.

Comment

SIDES: 16-12 (+6.00 units)
                  TOTALS: 1-4 (-5.25 units)
                  PLAYOFF SERIES: 4-2 (+4.00 units)
                  PLAYOFF RECORD: 21-18 (+4.75 units)

2.5 UNITS
                  Ducks (-200). As good as Luongo is, I just think this series is a mismatch, at least until the games move to Vancouver. Anaheim gave up a quick one in Game 1 and then dominated play for the final 50 minutes. Looking for the Ducks to win a 3-1 type game tonight and go to Canada up 2-0.

Comment

Cusefan'smets/devilssuggestionboxwaiverwiremonitornogearguy- GL!....couldn't agree more with you on ANA. I mean, anything is possible, i will grant you that. But VAN just doesn't have the horses to match up with ANA 5 on 5 and with ANA getting last change which is HUGE, the Sedins are always going to be on the ice vs. Pahlsson's line and either Pronger or Neidermeyer. VAN best chance is at home where i do think they get a game, and they have last change which should help them try and get the sedins on the ice in a better situation. I mean VAN gets real thin real quick up front. And if Salo and Bieksa don't play again....they are really hurting. GL!

Comment

BTW...i still think it is classic that guy who wished you GL but you hadn't played anything hasn't been back to wish you GL when you actually played something.....lol....

and they announced the Devils game as 3500 short of a sell out. I can't believe a team that has done that well in the last 15 years draws so poorly. I guess it is tough because they are sandwiched in between the NYR and PHI which have huge fan bases of fans in NJ i am sure and the NYI who are in the mix as well. That is why it was so hard for Hartford to make it. They had the Bruins to the Northeast, Sabres to the North and the NYR and NYI to the south.
                      Last edited by FlyersFan; 04-27-2007, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                        I didn't read thru the 87 posts in the IN-GAME thread, but I was at the game last night and the Devils fans are a joke. I'm a Devils fan, but by no means a die-hard as I don't even own a jersey or t-shirt or hat (or anything really) but I noticed some things I found extremely SAD for a playoff game for a team that one could argue has been the most dominant team over the past decade in the NHL:

1- I don't know what they listed the attendance at but if there was 12-13,000 there that was A LOT. I understand CAA is 21,5000 capacity or something and filling it is not easy but holy ****. I actually told my buddy that I thought there was only about 9,000 there but he is a blinded Devil worshiper so he said 15,000 so I'll split the difference.

2- Road teams must love coming to play in NJ. The Devils were pretty dominant at home all year, but once the playoffs hit and the teams are evenly matched there is LESS THAN ZERO home ice advantage at CAA. More people were interested in watching a bird fly around atop the arena then the game.

3- Ray Emery is the worst goaltender of all time.

4- Devils analyst Chico Whatever passed us in the concourse area b/tw periods 1 and 2 and the ignorant North Jersey **** for brains "hockey fan" sitting behind me in the arena (and happened to be out there too now) yelled to him that Brodeur sucks (blasphemous in the building, BLASPHEMOUS) and Chico said no one would have stopped those top shelf shots. He actually stopped to talk and said 2 of them were absolutely perfect and the other was 98% perfect, and the first goal by Preissing was a redirect that there's not much you can do anything about. Anyway, I thought it was nice an announcer stopped to chat with the "village idiot".

5- Devils fans need to stop doing the RANGERS SUCK cheer 3 times a period when they aren't ******* playing the god damn Rangers!!!! Do they think Ranger fans hear them? How about they concentrate on the game and team at hand and act like people who know something about hockey?

6- It was on the other side of the ice, but Ang, JML, or FF (maybe one of you can tell me), wasn't that a penalty on Alfreddson for charging right before they scored the first goal? No one even saw the goal because we were in an uproar over the no call.. Just wondering if anyone saw it...S
                        Nice rant! I must have missed the Alfredsson hit...I don't remember it...so I can't really comment.

What's with the hate for Emery??

Comment

GL Cuse!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
                            Nice rant! I must have missed the Alfredsson hit...I don't remember it...so I can't really comment.

What's with the hate for Emery??
                            Ang - No hate, he just looked terrible last night, IMHO. Gives up tons of rebounds and looks awfully shaky on every shot.

FF - I believe it was that "Dutch Goose" clown that wished me luck when I had nothing posted, haha... Personally, I don't miss him and I'm sure no one else does either. He was in bases a lot (especially the IN-GAME threads) saying ridiculous things on a quite consistent basis.

GL tonight guys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                              Ang - No hate, he just looked terrible last night, IMHO. Gives up tons of rebounds and looks awfully shaky on every shot.

FF - I believe it was that "Dutch Goose" clown that wished me luck when I had nothing posted, haha... Personally, I don't miss him and I'm sure no one else does either. He was in bases a lot (especially the IN-GAME threads) saying ridiculous things on a quite consistent basis.

GL tonight guys!!!
                              Yeah, I think the Sabres forwards will expose Emery a bit.

GL tonight btw.

Comment

Working...
                              X