X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHLPlayoff Thursday

NHL2007 Playoffs: 48-22-2 (+40.1Units)
    NHL2007 FirstRound: 21-14-1 (+9Units)
    NHL2007 SecondRound: 27-8-1 (+31.1Units)

Gotta say that Angelus is right that bailing on this forum is no way to make it better. But come on folks. Im tired of seeing no interaction here. Take the 5minutes to comment on someone else's plays, to pick somebody up after a bad day or congratulate them on a good one. If somebody takes the time to comment in your thread, take the time to acknowledge them......There just is so little commentary on these games and there are so many great plays out there.

ANA -185 (1P)......1 1/2Units.......ANA IMO finishes off VAN tonight. VAN really has shown well in this series taking into account all their injuries and their lack of production to begin with. But no way ANA wants this to go back to VAN...and with the war between Detroit and San Jose going on, they have to see this as a time to get some rest before what is sure to be a war in the Western Finals. ANA has been outplayed, though, in every first period so far in this series except for the last half of game1 when lets be honest, VAN was still in the tank from their Dallas series. VAN has only scored 4 1st period goals all playoffs long and yet they have won or pushed 4 of the first 5 1P in this series. Maybe i am just a sucker, but i am going to give it one more go tonight. I just can't believe with a chance to close out a series at home in 5 that you wouldn't come to play in the first period. But for some reason, that doesn't seem to resonate in the locker room all the time like we see it on the sidelines. I am also hoping that game4 OT loss deflated VAN.

i just really can't justify laying -225 for ANA tonight......even under these circumstances....really only that fact that i am doing well in the playoffs is why i am playing ANA 1P, which really isn't smart, but so be it......

notes for tomorrow: really have to go with BUF tomorrow. I don't think we have seen anything close to the BUF team that ran over my PHI last year and played so well in the playoffs. This is really the first "must win" for them and we will see just what BUF is made of. Somehow the NYR D has managed to negate a lot of the open ice rushes and speed that BUF has and they have kept BUF to playing along the boards rather than up through the middle. Not sure how much of that is the NYR D and how much of that is BUF not being BUF right now. They need Afiniginov to start contributing, though. Too much reliance on Vanek and Drury and Campbell on the PP. Problem is that at -195 there is no value in BUF and quite frankly the NYR have been the better team. Any thoughts on that game? Haven't totally made up my mind yet. Really i think the best play might be BUF 1P.....i think if anything they definitely jump on them early........

GL to everyone!
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 05-03-2007, 06:03 PM.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

GL FF-always love your input man....love ANA tonight...Vancouver is done....hopefully the ducks can win it tonight...as for tmrw, BUFFALO needs to win, like you said, however the ML is a little high IMO, but i will still be on it...paul gaustad will be back tmrw for buffalo ,so that adds a little toughness, but buffalo has to get back to playing what got them here, and that is shooting and peppering the goalie with shots...Afinogenov is also back tmrw, and i hope that little ****er is hungry as hell not to get benched again...i expect a big game from him ,and the rest of the guys as well, as they have to be embarrassed about scoring 2 goals in 2 games....gl FF!

Love ANA, but just like the BUF game, there is no value at -200 and up....

Comment

Sharks broke my heart last night....

Agree with your analysis FF, Ducks will take it tonight, I also see them being up after 1P.

Comment

Vaz- THX!....yeah, as much as i want to play BUF tomorrow...i just haven't seen anything from them that would make me say lay the -200 which is what i am sure it will be tomorrow. if you like BUF i would get it now...i see the public perception as all over BUF in this spot. I got toasted with Detroit vs. Calgary like 3 years ago the same situation....just kept saying Detroit would win even, though, Calgary was the better team each game. And yeah, tough to lay -225 with what we have seen from Anaheim this series.....i think it gets tough as the series go deeper...gotta make your money early in the series. Player props have been tough, too, because these games are all 2-1....lot easier to pick a guy to have an assist in a 4-3 game than it is in a 2-0 or 2-1 game..........i really am excited to see if the true BUF team shows tomorrow....if they don't show tomorrow, they aren't ever gonna show....

Yukon- feel for you losing that way, but the SAN were outshot 50-25, so it isn't like Detroit was outplayed and got lucky. I didn't think either team played well for 60 minutes yesterday...seems to be contagious in the league so far....nobody is playing 60 minutes of solid hockey...i would say Ottawa has come the closest in their series with NJD.....GL!
        Last edited by FlyersFan; 05-03-2007, 06:02 PM.

Comment

GL FF- IMO the over/ Sabres team over are solid plays tomorrow- after 2 pathetic showings offensively, I think they come out firing. I'm sure Ruff has had these guys on PP practice for 2 days straight LoL....
          Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
            GL FF- IMO the over/ Sabres team over are solid plays tomorrow- after 2 pathetic showings offensively, I think they come out firing. I'm sure Ruff has had these guys on PP practice for 2 days straight LoL....
            Udog- THX!...yeah i agree with that....haven't seen the team totals yet, though, i am sure it will be 3 for BUF.....i just wish i knew how much of this was the NYR D and how much was BUF. If BUF can actually get a couple goals tomorrow i actually like them -1 or -1 1/2 which is how i would play it. I totally trust Miller to step up and play well tomorrow.......problem is laying -1 1/2 is dumb when the team you're laying it with is only scoring 2 goals/game.
            I will look at the team totals...i would rather play BUF team over than the game over because if the game goes over, BUF team will go over, but the BUF team can go over without the game going over which is why the game over worries me (if miller steps up)......still like BUF 1P.

One other play for tomorrow which i like is 2P Over1 1/2.....BUF has done their most damage in the 2P this year....may examine that one too.....not paying tons of juice for anything, though.

GL to everyone!

Comment

GL!

yeah....laying off tonight although you have to think ANA wins. -225 against Luongo? No thanks...

Man, it is hard for me to get excited about this years playoffs. None of the teams I usually cheer for made it (Leafs, Oilers), although I have found myself cheering for the Sabres this year, but it's not the same. Also been spinning my tires on wagers (except for the one big Flames home win wager), and killing at bases, so I've found myself struggling to find sides I like. Hopefully the next round turns me on more with better matchups...we'll see.

Just put a unit on the sabres @ -185 tomorrow, but laying off tonight unless I see a prop of yours I fall in love with...

GL!

Comment

Yeah, I agree Sabres team total is better than the game, & will play it when it comes out as well (not out @ 5Dimes yet). Problem is it'll likely be juiced, so i want to grab it as soon as it comes out...

Although I would expect Miller to step it up @ home as well, I am wary of laying the PL, as he has a tendency to let in garbage time goals (ie game 5 vs Islanders).
                Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

GL FF.

I was actually leaning to Vancouver +1.5...and even looked at Vancouver 1P...but now I don't know what to do. I can't lay -230 against Luongo. Ugh...I really don't see much I like.

I guess I'll check some props later.

Comment

with everyone so concerned about Luongo( and rightly so) why not play the under?

Comment

Originally posted by Dentalbuster View Post
                      with everyone so concerned about Luongo( and rightly so) why not play the under?
                      Because two goals for each team means a loss...

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
                        Because two goals for each team means a loss...
                        THX!.....yeah.....i agree.....here is one suggestion i did with my Tuesday card. I played ANA/VAN Under6 1/2 like -300, but put it with DAL (nba) 1Q (tailed udoggiedog) and it ended up being 1 1/2 Units at -118 (DAL was a pretty solid play). So if you can find something else to put it with that has a better than not chance of winning, you might do that. Like ANA -225/Under6 1/2 would probably pay about even money. To me, if you like the Under, play the 1P Under.....crimeny, ANA has been horrible in the 1P (lmao...so i played them today) and VAN only has 4 goals i the 1P in 11 playoff games....but it is juiced as well........in all honesty, the time to make your money in a series is early, IMO. The oddsmaker knows what the trends have been and is going to juice them. The other thing to do is find a trend that you can go against like take a period and play it over at + money. I honestly can't play a game that is Under a total of 5......GL!
                        Last edited by FlyersFan; 05-03-2007, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                          GL!

Man, it is hard for me to get excited about this years playoffs.

GL!
                          me too....in all honesty it's not just PHI missing, it's teams like Toronto and Colorado missing. Granted i don't want the same 8 teams every year, but Nashville and Atlanta do nothing for me in the playoffs.....as much as i hate Toronto, the playoffs are much better with teams like Toronto, Montreal, Boston, Chicago..........the only reason i am into them is because i am winning...lol.....honestly, probably 80 percent of my winnings have come from period plays and prop plays...plus the side plays i have been guessing well on lately....lol...and the other factor is the games have been really boring, IMO....some great ones like BUF/NYR the other day, but more than not it has been 2-1 games with like 20 SOG apiece and 10 scoring chances. I don't need to see 5-4 games but i kept thinking as i kept turning away from the boring Detroit/San Jose Overtime was what happened to the great overtimes from the past. I remember one Leafs/Ottawa OT from like 3-4 years ago that was honestly the best period of OT i can remember...up and down the ice, one great chance after another...just great hockey. If i wanted to see the puck go into the corner, go around behind the net and come out, i would go down to my local arena and watch the 3 fat accountants battle for the puck in the corner.......what is missing in these playoffs is the skill being showcased...too much San Jose stand 'em up at the blueline hockey.......what happened to those 5-4 PHI/TOR wars that were just electric?.....that building was dead in San Jose for the 3rd period and OT because there was no action................

Comment

ADD:

Andy McDonald to score A POINT -140 (5D)............2/3Unit............i think he is the guy that has to get the Ducks going on offense. He was brilliant in game1 with a hat trick. He centers that top PP unit of the ANA and i think his line with Selanne really needs to step up in this one offensively. I look for a multi-point game out of McDonald.......hope he does too...lol...like the "to score" prop, especially with a player at home who does produce and plays on the top PP unit.....juice isn't too bad....would have loved to have found someone around -115 or better but nothing i liked.....

one other play at 5D i have been killing it with is the YES score in the final 3 minutes (OT counts) prop......usually between +100 and +120.....has hit at about a 75 percent clip since i have been playing it. Won't play it tonight as i honestly think the Ducks may be up about 4-1 late in the game and VAN may not pull the goalie....but who knows......

GL to everyone!
                            Last edited by FlyersFan; 05-03-2007, 07:59 PM.

Comment

ADD:

VAN/ANA Under6 1/2 -420/DAL 4Q(nba) -115 +131..............1/2Unit.......just a gut feel...

GL to everyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X