Ang's NHL (5/7)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
    lmao.....good thing this is the NHL forum on predictem....shouldn't have to scroll down more than about 15 posts to find it......:beerbang:

NJD really has to address their situation in goal next year. Brodeur just can't play 80 games a year like he could 5 years ago. They just burned him out. They need to find a quality backup who can play 15 games a year and handle BB situations.....
    It doesn't help when your team can't generate any offence though...can't hang this game or series on Brodeur IMO.

Ottawa really looks good this year. Is Emery good enough to keep the Sabres offence at bay? Are Ottawa's forwards good enough to score on Lundqvist?

Comment

yeah, i agree Angelus, but NJD have always played that way and Brodeur has been good enough to steal games. I have heard the guys on versus and the guys on XM say the same thing....he played tired down the stretch of the regular season and didn't look great in the playoffs. Not pinning the loss on him at all.........my point was on the way they handled Brodeur.....he plays every BB and 79 of 82 games in the season and he is in his mid 30's.....just can't abuse him like that anymore. There is no way you can tell me he was sharp in this series or the TAM series, though, that is for sure....

as far as OTT goes...i heard a really interesting comment from Alfredsson...he said that his linemates are more responsible defensively than any other he has had and it has allowed him to be more offensive. I think that OTT just is really playing great 2 way hockey right now and is getting quality goaltending. They showed it tonight. They played a great offensive 2P and then played a great defensive 3P........i think whatever the eastern finals is it should be great...personally i would love to see BUF/OTT (can't stand either team) because i think it would be a little more wide open and have some scoring in it..........maybe this is OTT year...who knows.....crap...they have been at this since the late 90's so you figure they have to make a run one of these years
      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
        yeah, i agree Angelus, but NJD have always played that way and Brodeur has been good enough to steal games. I have heard the guys on versus and the guys on XM say the same thing....he played tired down the stretch of the regular season and didn't look great in the playoffs. Not pinning the loss on him at all.........my point was on the way they handled Brodeur.....he plays every BB and 79 of 82 games in the season and he is in his mid 30's.....just can't abuse him like that anymore. There is no way you can tell me he was sharp in this series or the TAM series, though, that is for sure....

as far as OTT goes...i heard a really interesting comment from Alfredsson...he said that his linemates are more responsible defensively than any other he has had and it has allowed him to be more offensive. I think that OTT just is really playing great 2 way hockey right now and is getting quality goaltending. They showed it tonight. They played a great offensive 2P and then played a great defensive 3P........i think whatever the eastern finals is it should be great...personally i would love to see BUF/OTT (can't stand either team) because i think it would be a little more wide open and have some scoring in it..........maybe this is OTT year...who knows.....crap...they have been at this since the late 90's so you figure they have to make a run one of these years
        I agree that Brodeur should play less...especially since he's getting up there in age.

As for the Sens, hell...even the Braves won the world series once...

Comment

lmao...OTT is the Atlanta Braves of hockey.....maybe this is the year....actually the analogy is pretty close....
          I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Working...
          X