No announcement yet.

Draft Day Notes >>>

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaz you hearing any rumours out that way about the nucks talking to the Sabres brass about Afinoganov? Yet another rumour involving my team, started with Pominville, to Elias to Gionta to Ryder to Higgins to Afinoganov now. Managements gonna pull something I'd love to see Connolly personally or even Roy if they're gonna work out something with you guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
      Vaz you hearing any rumours out that way about the nucks talking to the Sabres brass about Afinoganov? Yet another rumour involving my team, started with Pominville, to Elias to Gionta to Ryder to Higgins to Afinoganov now. Managements gonna pull something I'd love to see Connolly personally or even Roy if they're gonna work out something with you guys.

Nothing at all... Connolly will be the teams #1 Center, Max will be counted ro replace some of the scoring, and Roy, a RFA, who knows what direction the Sabres will go with him....he sure will get a hefty raise, I wouldnt be surprised if he gets 3 Mil/year....Pominville and Max, and even Timmy will be Sabres next year....Jim Kelley, a former Buffalo News writer, comes on the Howard Simon radio show every once in a while, and according to him, he expects the Sabres to be just about done transaction(signing UFA or trades) wise...
      if VAN can add some scoring, with the way Loungo can carry them, they can be poised to make another run at the cup.....just a few weeks away from Traning Camp!!:beerbang:

Comment

• Not to be an ass either, but how credible can a site be, when they cant even spell Max's last name right??? lol....need I say more....its not afinoganov.....Maxim Afinogenov

Comment

• Originally posted by vazman05 View Post
          Not to be an ass either, but how credible can a site be, when they cant even spell Max's last name right??? lol....need I say more....its not afinoganov.....Maxim Afinogenov
          lol, I thought it was but I took his spelling as I figured he'd take the time to spellcheck. As far as the rumor makers go that guys supposed to be a little more legit but rumours are rumours for a reason so you can't believe much of what you read online.

Comment

• Originally posted by vazman05 View Post
            :beerbang: :beerbang: 15 minutes for me!
            Being that you are right there have you heard anything in the Buffalo news about the ICE Bowl actually happening??? I am about 3 and half but its an easy drive .... just off I90...

No offense to the Nucks, but I like Max in Buf.

and my wife went to high school with Roy and from how I understand it he loves Buf... keeps him close to home. You would think that BUf would want to retain a goal scorer to from the recent loses of Drury, and Briere.
            Everyday Is A Great Day for Hockey:party:

Comment

• No way the Sabres give up any of those young talented forwards! They already lost Briere and Drury, and beacuse they thought they were getting thin up front from the defections, they were forced to match on Vanek. Much like it is in Toronto and Montreal, it's just your local media trying to sell papers...you know what the Canucks would have to give up for these guys your listing? A hell of a lot. Elias, Gionta? try your 2 best young players, plus a 1st rounder. We'll see I guess...

Chick...Toronto's about 2/2.5 hours away.

Comment

• I couldn't see the sabres wanting to deal any offensive talent either but that's a couple rumours involving the sabres now just thought i'd check if the sabres faithful were hearing anything on their end.

I don't know how it is in TO but locally there are some guys who report any rumour and then there are a couple guys you go to for the real deal info and one has reported that the Elias and Higgins talks as legit talks between Nonis and the respective players teams. Whether they materialize or not we'll see but Nonis has being saying all offseason that he's looking to trade from a position of strength for some offensive help and somebody to play with Nazzy. Most of the rumours are bs but the team is saying it wants to do something and the only way its doing something is via trade so there's a little more reason to look into the trade rumours than in normal offseasons for us canuck fans .

As for the asking price for the guys I mentioned, the asking price for good players is almost always gonna be high but if you got the chips to play better to do it now and get players who can help and will stay on your roster for a couple seasons + vs pay a similar price for a rental players later in the season. The Elias rumour as reported was him and a dman (wasnt confirmed which one) coming this way for Ohlund/Morrison and a first. I could live with that trade price considering that the word was that when Nonis sniffed around Forsberg last year for a rental the price was Bourdon/Morrison/a 1st and a 3rd rounder.
                Last edited by flmmkrz; 07-17-2007, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
                  I could live with that trade price considering that the word was that when Nonis sniffed around Forsberg last year for a rental the price was Bourdon/Morrison/a 1st and a 3rd rounder.
                  Heck yeah .... and you figure what did even do for Nash.... so I can see that trade being a much better consideration..... Either way I see Nucks still making a tough fight..... I like Luongo better the Brodeur this year IMO! I think he can get them a 4-6 spot in the west IMO. I know if the Sedin's are available next fantasy draft in the second round I am going to be hunting for them!

JML you must be pretty close to Grand Bend! See you in BUf!

Comment

• Originally posted by chickameng33 View Post
                    Being that you are right there have you heard anything in the Buffalo news about the ICE Bowl actually happening??? I am about 3 and half but its an easy drive .... just off I90...

No offense to the Nucks, but I like Max in Buf.

and my wife went to high school with Roy and from how I understand it he loves Buf... keeps him close to home. You would think that BUf would want to retain a goal scorer to from the recent loses of Drury, and Briere.
                    I guess the NHL wont commit to the game until it can get sponsers to pay for the presentation of the game.....

Comment

• Good stuff...... If you hear anything shoot it out. Even though if it does happen there may be a butt load of tickets I imagine they will still be a hot commodity.
                      Thanks Vaz!

Comment

• OILCAN sign DPenner to a 5 year 21.5M offer sheet. Ducks don't have much cap room, so they may pull this one off. But come on, talk about grasping at straws....dude made 450K last year and now he is worth 5 years at 4.25M a year?? NHL is going to be in trouble in a short while again the way salaries are going up. Penner is a good player, and i guess if you're EDM, you don't have anything to lose since nobody wants to play there anyway. And Penner is a good player, but i dunno....i don't thing he is 4.5M a year for 5 years good.

Angelus- where are you?
                        I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

• Lowe is certainly not making any friends....lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                            Lowe is certainly not making any friends....lol.
                            lol...i thought the same thing, though, at this point i don't really think he much cares. it's almost like he's said, screw it, im gonna be a dick just like everyone has been to him.....:beerbang:
                            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

• How else do we get players here? Nobody signs as UFA...so Lowe is doing what he can...

I kind of hope Anaheim matches this one. Penner could be Lupul v2.0. I think he really benefited from playing with Getzlaf and Perry.

Oh well...guess we'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angelus View Post
                                How else do we get players here? Nobody signs as UFA...so Lowe is doing what he can...
                                Oh, I agree...he's gotta do what's best for the team...I'm just saying, next GM meetings in Arizona, he might find himself golfing in a "one-some" lol.

Also...not to many GM's are going to do him any favours in the trade market, I presume.

Comment

Working...
                                X