Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
    Yeah...pretty nuts.
    Philly is sure giving out long contracts...

Sarich 3.6 per year....excuse me? LOL.

Also...2 huge prizes in next year UFA class get signed early by their respective teams....Thornton & Iginla. Too bad....woulda liked to see big Joe come home to the Leafs next year.

Yeah...vaz, Drury is gone as well...I hear LA maybe....good thing you guys have all that young talent....you wil be just fine....
    Any rumblings coming what the leafs might do? I herd there trying to dump Kubina for more cap room....Jason Blake/Ryan Smyth maybe??

Comment

Tom Poti 4 years 14 mil...lol...

Comment

Originally posted by vazman05 View Post
        Any rumblings coming what the leafs might do? I herd there trying to dump Kubina for more cap room....Jason Blake/Ryan Smyth maybe??
        Yeah....Leafs are offering Kubina to anyone for a song....then looking for Kariya or Smyth...

Comment

all this action and knowing my nucks aren't in a position to do much sucks. They're handicapped with the Naslund and Morrison contracts at the moment. If Nazzy can refind his scoring touch his contract may still be a steal but he's been on a downward slope the last couple years. If the nucks can get Mo off the books as is in the plans we might become minor players but look out next year. Heatley will be a canuck, mark my words unless we can swing a trade and bring in something signficant this year that he may not fit the plans. As is I'd bet money he's comin here next year.

Comment

and Blakes a leaf there goes another player, 4 yrs, 20 mill. He earned the contract with his year last year but man that could be pricy if he isn't the same guy in a non contract year.

Gomez and freakin Drury to the rangers are you kidding me. Sounds like Gomez 7 year 50 mill, Drury im not sure. It kinda sounds like he got the same but at his age 7 year contract??? I'm waiting to confirm that

Comment

sounds like Ryan Smyth to the avs

heard this deals done:

Joni Pitkanen + Geoff Sanderson + 3rd rounder in 09

for

Joffrey Lupul + Jason Smith...

Comment

Great signing by the Leafs IMO. Only 4 million per year (5 years 20 mil, flm) when the rest of these guys are going for 6/7 per year? Blake had more goals (40!) than any of these guys, and was signed for almost 1/2 of their contracts. Gomez is a decent player and all....but 7.5 million per year?? Crazy. The guy scored 13 freaking goals last year, and has only scored more than 20 goals once in his 6 year career! 13 goals gets you 7.5 million? Nuts. Thornton signed for slightly less per year today, and he had about 60 more points than Gomez, and is twice the player. Worst signing of the day IMO.

Gomez 7 yr/51.5 mil (7.36 per) Rangers
                Thornton 3 year /21.6 mil (7.2 per) Sharks
                Drury 5 yr/35.25 mil (7.05 per) Rangers
                Briere 8 yr/52 mil (6.5 per) Flyers
                Rafalski 5 yr/30 mil (6 per) Wings
                Scott Hannan 4 yr/18 mil (4.5 per) Avs
                Blake 5 yr/20 mil (4 per) Leafs

Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 07-01-2007, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Great signing by the Leafs IMO. Only 4 million per year (5 years 20 mil, flm) when the rest of these guys are going for 6/7 per year? Blake had more goals (40!) than any of these guys, and was signed for almost 1/2 of their contracts. Gomez is a decent player and all....but 7.5 million per year?? Crazy. The guy scored 13 freaking goals last year, and has only scored more than 20 goals once in his 6 year career! 13 goals gets you 7.5 million? Nuts. Thornton signed for slightly less per year today, and he had about 60 more points than Gomez, and is twice the player. Worst signing of the day IMO.

I wonder what Spezza and Heatley get next year then.... 5 years 60 Mil????

Comment

Work is Kariya to the Pens is all but a done deal:

The Buzz on the Burgh

Comment

Scratch that, the blogger there jumped the gun. Kariya is apparently a Blue.

Comment

Yup...Kariya to STL...3 yr/18 mil (6 per). Apparentely the Leafs had the best offer on the table at one point, but he didn't want all the media pressure that comes with playing in Toronto. I don't get it...most people wold want to play in a place where people actually care. That's like not wanting to play for the Red Sox or Yankees. Enjoy your freedom....as well as last place in STL, Paul.

Smyth signs in Colorado - 5 yr/31.25 mil (6.25 per).
                        This seems like pretty good value compared to the other deals. When I saw Gomez and Drury sign, I really thought it would take 7 per to get that great leader and goal scorer signed. Two great pickups for the Avs with Smyth and Hannan...looks like a rebound year for them.

Still think the Leafs got the best value in Blake....he scored more goals than all the signees....Smyth and Kariya included. His speed will look nice on Sundin's wing...

Comment

Blake at 4 mill is a very good sign. Initially when I read it, it was reported as 4 year 20 mill, so 5 mill a year. I thought that was a bit high as he only hit 40 once in his career and he's older. But saving that mill and getting him at 4 is a fair price. Gomez was overpriced and I like Rafalski but overpayment there as well. Hannan makes the Salo and Mitchell signings by us last year look genius.

Comment

Love the salary Cap

I dont think I have ever seen so many big off season moves for teams to swing from pretenders to playoff contenders. I love all the moves the teams made. I like to see that the eastern conference is not only looking like it is going to be more solid Atlantic Conference appears to be heading towards a possible 4 team playoff run. It is an awesome time to have season tix to the pens that is for sure. Being a homer it is nice to see something worth while in the offseason and the first time in more then half a decade back to back playoff runs. With contract talks with Crosby coming soon, and near deals with Christensen, Armstrong coming looking for another 100 point + season. The Rangers although made not have gotten the best bang for there buck but definitely got two of the best available players, kudos to Philly who unloaded the heavy contract of Forsberg they had room to get a true leader in Briere!. I was glad to see New Jersey not do to much but give away some talent and hopefully they wont have the D to make games boring next year!!!!! And the Isles may be the bottom feeders of the Atlantic! I love the anaylsis everyone brings as well...... JML not looking forward to playing the leafs this year either..... they will get the playoffs this year without question!
                            GO FREE AGENCY!
                            Everyday Is A Great Day for Hockey:party:

Comment

Great move by the Flames signing Iginla and Regehr to long-tern contracts. these guys are the cornerstones of the franchise, and it's nice to see them stay. Especially Jerome, who would have got a boatload on the open market next year. Looks like he's going to be a captain lifer, in the mold of Yzerman & Sakic. Good on ya Iggy.

:beerbang:

Comment

Great move by the Flames signing Iginla and Regehr to long-tern contracts. these guys are the cornerstones of the franchise, and it's nice to see them stay. Especially Jerome, who would have got a boatload on the open market next year. Looks like he's going to be a captain lifer, in the mold of Yzerman & Sakic. Good on ya Iggy.

Big Signings there...... You cant not like Jerome... Great leader and natural goal scorer.... He would have made the league max where ever he would have decided to go! Will be exciting to watch him again this year!
                                Everyday Is A Great Day for Hockey:party:

Comment

Working...
                                X