No announcement yet.

ufc 77

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LETS GO GUYS!! Lets get this thread going again. I for one cannot wait for the weigh ins. 77 seems like it has taken a damn year to get here. so who is the forum going with? Cant wait to hear your final pics........come on already sat. night!!!:beerbang:

Comment

Well for my pics,

I like Anderson Silva. I think Rich will do better, but he won't win. He's not better standing or on the ground. Anderson will probably win a decision, if he doesn't knock Rich out in the 1st round.

I'm still torn on Vera/Sylvia. I think Sylvia wins just cuz he's big, but he's coming off the back injury. While Vera has just been off for over a year. If Vera doesn't win in the 1st round by KO, I think Sylvia wins by boring decision cuz he's boring.

Alan Belcher over Kalib Starnes. Alan is a good fighter, while Kalib never seems to look that good. Kalib always seems to gas, while Alan gets stronger as the fight goes on. I think Belcher wins another decision.

Shaefer over Bonner. I wish this cuz hate Stephan Bonnar. He sucks so bad. He had one good fight and they keep bringing this guy back. He lost the fight to Jardine but somehow the judges gave it to him. He lost on TUF vs. Bobby Southworth but the judges gave it to him. God I hope Shaefer wins and Bonnar never fights in the UFC again.

Robinson over Gurgel. Jorge should just train. He's look horrible in his UFC fights. I look for him to lose again.

MacDonald over Okami. I'm really really biased here, since I train with Jay and he's a good friend of mine. But he's been training really hard for this fight and will push the pace vs. Okami. Plus Jay as an Underdog is 2 for 3 with the only loss being to Rich Franklin, and he was in awe in that fight as he was fighting an idol. Plus he is pissed that his fight was taken off the main card. He was told they were worried about Okami being boring. Plus is Jay wins, he's in line for a title shot and he wants to get this in before Hendo moves down to 185.

Ryan Jenson to win
      Josh Burkman over Petz. Burkman has a good camp and has looked good lately. He is a quality B level fighter.
      Jason Black over Grice. Jason Black was amazing until he separated his shoulder vs. Shonie Carter. I look for him to get back on track tonight.

Comment

:welcome: djmd31-

we can always use more on the mma threads! Im with you on Anderson. Like i said before, just dont know how Rich can be mentally ready for this one after that beating. I like Belcher as well. I had money on Kendall Grove when they fought and I was nervous as hell. Plus the fact that I think Kalib is heartless. Ill never be convinced he is worth a damn regardless of who he beats. As for Tm and Brandon, im torn as well. I really like both of these guys. I hope Tims back is really healed and that these guys are able to bang. This fight has the potential for major fireworks. I think Brandons style will not allow Tim to have that slow ass wait and see pace. I think they will be right in each others face. Hopefully, but I also have to wonder about Veras layoff, its been almost a year and I dont care who you are, training and sparring is not the same as being in the cage in front of the crowd fighting. I do think that his speed and the difference in athleticism should be able to overcome any ring rust. We will see. Im going to wait until I see the weigh ins before I make my final pics.

Yukon, eddieP, V3, where you at guys!!!!!!!

Are you ready? Are you ready?.......LETS GET IT ON!!!!!

Comment

mike im here buddy:thumbs: just wondering if we will have another upset special ufc card..........this card does not have me that excited but of course i will watch it!!! i do agree with you guys on silva,i think anderson is a step up from rich and nothing has changed since the last go round.......... to me vera should beat tim,no matter what i cant see tim catching brandon with anything... but we both know how the dogs have been winning, i will have a doggie or two parlay just in case......... the okami fight for me is a toss up at this point, what okami shows up??? if he fights like he did when he faced swick it should be an interesting fight, both guys really need a win ,that said this may be the fight of the night........ the other undercard fights are blah at best............ maybe its me but after watching chuck and shogun loose,im just not into this card very much...........

Comment

Ha, I guess I'm the only one taking Kalib here. I don't care about his TUF rib injury claim. If something hurts it hurts. I had side pains and no one believed me until I started pissing blood and the ER told me I had kidney stones (last month). If I say it hurts, damnit I'm not kidding. Maybe he did pull a bitch move but I doubt it. Rollin' with Starnes on this one.

I like Vera to take this one. Sylvia (comapre to Vera) is less skilled, out of shape, slow, I could go on. Sylvia's only chance in my eyes is the haymaker. It won't happen. He is the next washed up Tank Abbott in the making.

Like I said, Mac is always a live dog but that doesn't really matter. It's one of those fights where I would decide to forget what the lines say and just pick a winner. Final answer on this one, Okami.

Silva will be the same fighter if not better, and Franklin will be the same fighter if not worse. I really do think Franklin can beat Silva if he fights the right fight, but he won't so.....Silva to win again.

No real plays for me as my local doesnt take UFC fights and I'm still waiting on my 5Dimes winnings from the baseball competition.

Comment

Ok, Ok, I hear you V3 on your boy. Ill take your side on the rib, but you have to admitt, Kalib runs out of gas! I cant trust his ass, just dont think he wants it bad enough. I think Belcher is looking to prove something after that disaster he pulled agains Kendall. I just hope its a good fight either way. Maybe ill just take Anderson and put him on every single parlay I play, one of them will hit! Damn guys, I cant wait. Weigh ins tonight:beer2:

Comment

Ya man, I just talked to J-Mac and he is at weight already!!! He is chomping at the bit to go and get this fight started.

Too bad the next show looks like POOH

Comment

Some random thoughts from me:

-Silva vs. Franklin. I really don't see any way that Silva loses this fight. He really dominated the last one and once Franklin was in the clinch it was lights out for him. Silva is too long to let Franklin inside of him and he should be able to control the fight again. -220 is too much to lay on any UFC fight, though.

-Sylvia vs. Vera. Vera is a freaking beast, but any time you have the knockout power and resume of Tim Sylvia there is a ton of value on a dog line. Vera is the one being hyped for this, and deservedly so with his unbeaten record, but I'll take the big fight experience any day at + money.

-Stephan Bonner should roll easily, but -340 is way way too much.

-Jason Macdonald vs. Yushin Okami. I really like MacDonald in this one for some reason. He has been one of my favorite fighters since his win over Chris Leben. I'm pretty damn pissed that this one won't be on the main card and in its place will be the Shafer/Bonner fight. Either way, huge value on Mac at +180.

Final anaylsis:

Jason MacDonald +180

Tim Sylvia +155

1 unit each

Comment

gl nitt:beerbang:

Comment

TTT

I still find it amazing that out of all the sport fans on this forum, only a handful (5 or 6 of us) follow boxing and MMA. What gives...

Comment

That's all you need tho, to make some good conversation.

I'm loving Tim Sylvia @ +155 right now. Will post my official plays later

Comment

Still shopping for the best line but will play two fighter parlays, all with aderson silva.
                          Tim sylvia
                          Alan Belcher
                          People's warrior
                          MacDonald

if all these fail, Ill dump the whole pot on Anderson Silva to make it back! If Anderson Silva loses, every single one of my books will have ZERO!!! LOL, wont be the first time.

The way 07 has gone, Rich will win by 1st round KO. Its time for these main event upsets to end and I just cannot see Anderson losing. It sure will be interesting 7 hours from now. Damn I cant wait. Talk to you guys after the PPV.

GOOD LUCK FORUM!!!!!!

Comment

Pulling an Eddie P on this one. 5Dimes winnings came through and I've got a parlay's out there, not for much though

Starns (ya ya, I know) - Okami - Vera - Burkman - Gurgel (Came out to about 11 to 1)

Franklin - Okami - Vera - Gurgel - Schafer (Came out to about 41 to 1)

Franklin to win a 5 Rd. decision. Based on if it goes the distance he either squeeks it out or more than likely corrupt UFC judging to set up a rubber rematch. Think I got it at +975, small wager though.

GL to all...

Comment

lol@ v3 (pulling an eddiep):beerbang: hey 41 to 1 i might take a piece of that.....right now i have been reduced to mostly tailing because i cant pick a winner to save my ****en life..........what a disaster today,,started last night with louie:bang: good luck to us tonight:thumbs: as you probably figured i have a few small parlays going on the ufc card,,,,,,,, a few is like 7 right now.........no way im playing my normal 30 :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by djmd31 View Post
                                That's all you need tho, to make some good conversation.

I'm loving Tim Sylvia @ +155 right now. Will post my official plays later
                                tim is at plus 115 right now

Comment

Working...
                                X